Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the Army of Two franchise, abandoning its original protagonists in favor of two new heroes, known only by the codenames Alpha and Bravo.

How is it?

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Whats the verdict on this weeks big release!?

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By EarlessShrimp

It's definitely out.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

The Devil's Cartel, developed by Visceral Games, offers a frenetic, arcade style coop experience. The inclusion of the Frostbite 2 engine takes the destruction to a whole new level, especially when combined with the use of Overkill, an ability that will make you an unstoppable killing machine.

... and stuff

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

Bland, according to Jeff. Which sounds about right; i'd hate if Army of Two didn't continue its trend of being one of the most absolutely average and generic series out there. That strange consistency is probably the only thing that makes it stand out ironically enough.

drstrawberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By drstrawberry

I'm still not entirely sure that this is an actual thing that exists....

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

I received it from Gamefly today and I JUST finished Bioshock Infinite, so I guess I'll give Devil's Cartel a try now. Not expecting much from it.

Sidenote: Goddamn I loved Bioshock Infinite.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it weird that I'm more eager for this game compared to Bioshock Infinite? Haven't gotten my hands on the game yet though. Hardly any reviews out there, the only ones available seem to swing between bad to great. Don't really have high expectations for this game though, its an AoT game. But its something about its mediocrity that intrigues me every time.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

don't try to trick me with your fake games that don't exist.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It doesn't bode well that this game STILL has no metacritic reviews, and it's already out. That plus EA not sending review copies out makes it sound like they're trying to bury it.

It's a damn shame that this pile got two sequels while all Mirror's Edge got was an (admittedly excellent) iPhone follow up.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Winternet

It's probably not good. Probably.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoever decided to release this game the same on the same day that Bioshock Infinite was released should be fired.

Sharpless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@wmoyer83: I sincerely doubt that made any significant difference in sales. I mean, really.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13 chaser324  Moderator

Initial impressions around the internet suggest that apparently it's a bland dude-bro shooter (surprising no one). I bet you could probably still wring a little fun out of co-op though.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Initial impressions around the internet suggest that apparently it's a bland dude-bro shooter (surprising no one). I bet you could probably still wring a little fun out of co-op though.

Yeah reading nothing special but some have had fun with it. Sounds like the other two games, which personally I think were pretty solid.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

After playing the demo, it just seemed like a competent third person shooter that didn't have much to distinguish it from other games.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MegaLombax: yes. yes it is. very weird.

are you just doing this to be differen for difference's sake? i mean if you were going for a shooter wouldn't you at least go for the one that strives to be unique? i know it's probably overhyped but it is really special. it's Bioshock for fuck's sake!

DISCLAIMER: never played army of dos so i have no ground to stand on or summat. does seem like they went the wrong direction in toning down the ridiculousness.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Only way to play this game is with Big Boi and B.O.B. What no Andre3000? Pooooooooooop...

No Caption Provided

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I really liked 2, but played the first two missions of Devil's Cartel last night and its just mediocre. Its a third-person cover-based shooter with a shit ton of gun customization. It reminds me a lot of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier in gameplay and gun customization. Its just not as fully realized as Ghost Recon, though.

Also,

NO FIST BUMPS IN THIS GAME

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

I liked how everything was destructable in the demo. The rest of it seemed as boring as the previous two games.

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20  Edited By xxizzypop

I checked out of the series with this one. When they announced they weren't embracing the dudebro and taking out the fistbump, it made me really question just what the fuck they thought people actually liked about Army of Two, because it sure as shit wasn't the gameplay. The game itself was unintrusive to the sheer dumbness that you bask in that you either hated entirely or toed the line of ironic and legitimate adoration.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GunstarRed

The Eurogamer review pretty much says it's just Army of Two with all of the fun parts taken out, which pretty much sounds like the most generic and boring third person shooter out there. After playing the demo that is exactly what it felt like.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MegaLombax: yes. yes it is. very weird.

are you just doing this to be differen for difference's sake? i mean if you were going for a shooter wouldn't you at least go for the one that strives to be unique? i know it's probably overhyped but it is really special. it's Bioshock for fuck's sake!

DISCLAIMER: never played army of dos so i have no ground to stand on or summat. does seem like they went the wrong direction in toning down the ridiculousness.

Not really no. I genuinely loved the first one. In all it's mediocrity, it was a ton of fun. It was even better when i played the game with friends. Also, fist bumps. Loved the gun customization in the 2nd game, but it fell flat on the other parts I felt. I generally love third person shooters.

Don't get me wrong, I like Bioshock too. In fact I'm playing it right now. I'm probably just weird. I completed Dark Void 2 times. So probably that says something about my taste in gaming.

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Also,

No Fist Bumps, No Sale.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By connerthekewlkid

Its pretty fun

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tried the demo 2 days ago and played like a bland 3rd person cover based shooter, but it did seem like it would be a little fun in co-op (which is the point).

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

This might be better/cheaper than the game.. I wouldn't know..

Loading Video...

GameSpot got yo back!

hangedtoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Is it weird that I'm super bummed out that they took the bro-ness out of this? Part of the reason that I liked the previous two was the complete absurdity of the bromance occuring between Rios and Salem. It was something stupid for me and a buddy to blast through in an afternoon and have a great time doing so. Just feels like theres something missing with the whole thing

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By wmoyer83

@sharpless: Well...yeah. This game had no chance regardless.

EarthBowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By EarthBowl

Having finished the game,It is hard to justify the game at full price to anyone who might be interested. Also, the exclusion of certain co-op actions (fist bumping-as already stated), competitive multiplayer modes, or bonuses to collect to encourage replay value hurts the game's longevity significantly. If you're someone who doesn't care at all for Bioshock Infinite than you could find some enjoyment with the story and the presentation elements of the game (soundtrack was pretty good). Otherwise I can't really recommend this game to anyone who had to make a choice between both games.

2/5

Darson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By Darson

The demo was pretty meh so I conclude (along with the series' track record recently) that the full game is probably meh.

Also, no fist bumps.

Why?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Apparently it is stupid, monotonous, and redundant. But if you can laugh at it or play it co-op and laugh at it you might enjoy it. The dudes at Gameinformer said that it is kind of like a spiritual successor to 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand in both tone, stupidity, and gameplay. If you were into that game and could get past the kind of boring gameplay then you might like the new Army of Two game. Maybe.

Quintessence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By Quintessence
    Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

Bland, according to Jeff. Which sounds about right; i'd hate if Army of Two didn't continue its trend of being one of the most absolutely average and generic series out there. That strange consistency is probably the only thing that makes it stand out ironically enough.

Play AoT with a friend. It's one of the best co-op experiences from this generation.

pepperzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tajasaurus said:

@pudge said:

@redbullet685 said:

Also,

No Fist Bumps, No Sale.

Yup.

There are a few fist bumps, but only in cut scenes. I'm pretty bummed out that they took away the "broness" of it. I think they should have took it in the opposite direction and made it more bro and over the top. More diamond grenades and glowing masks. Stuff like that. The gameplay is fine, with a few hiccups here and there. As a co-op shooter I found it fun to play with my roommate and will probably play it again on Insanity. The story was one you could see from a mile away but the dialogue was pretty entertaining at parts.

All in all, I don't see why this game is getting all the terrible scores that it has. I'd say it should be ranked around 6 or 7/10, with better feeling shooting and combat than the first two, but not as fun overall.

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For a Co-Op shooter, it's enjoyable. Though I'm only on the fourth mission, the "your mom" jokes are beyond stale at this point.

tastyhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man this game is drawing a lot of agro.....get it?

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@kandycane2029 said:

For a Co-Op shooter, it's enjoyable. Though I'm only on the fourth mission, the "your mom" jokes are beyond stale at this point.

Theres only one in the game and even the characters talk about how its dumb

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this game fucking sucks

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

curious about that plot twist or whatever they were talking about on the bombcast. anyone get through it and know what they were talking about?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@theht said:

curious about that plot twist or whatever they were talking about on the bombcast. anyone get through it and know what they were talking about?

It's in the QL. They predicted it jokingly after a certain event in the level they played and then went into an online game that happened to show them that they were EXACTLY CORRECT with their prediction.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.