Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the Army of Two franchise, abandoning its original protagonists in favor of two new heroes, known only by the codenames Alpha and Bravo.

Trailer and Gameplay footage

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rainbowkisses

Army of Two gameplay footage was shown earlier this week at Gamescom. Visceral games is really pushing the envelope with this title. From this footage alone we are able to see

• Brown Graphics
    • Regenerating health
    • Cover based shooting
    • Turret Sequences
    • Kicking a door open and going into slow motion to shoot a bunch of guys.

With groundbreaking gameplay like this Army of Two (or should I say Army of TIIIO?) is sure to win dozens of GOTY awards.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NTM

I have faith that this'll be better than the last two, but do I think this'll be a great game in general? I'm not sure. Since it's Visceral, and it's using the Frostbite engine, I am interested.

Edit: You know what? After watching the second video, and maybe it was due to YouTube not running well for me recently, but the game doesn't look all that good. I hope I'm wrong.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By BraveToaster

I'm not too sure about this, it's basically more of what we've already seen of the FPS genre.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By napalm

I think it looks awesome, but I have an affinity for that universe, and I've always been interested in the private military contractor stuff.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Aetheldod

Just wonder were in Mexico they are setting this ... because skycrappers only are in 3 places , Guadalajara , DF or Monterrey and with the exception of Monterrey there is no dessert in those places.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By david3cm

Any game that uses B.O.B. in the trailer is bound to be amazing!

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Phatmac

I'd love for OPs to keep their opinions to themselves for once and just show us what we need to know. I'm not defending this game at all, it is just something that I dislike in threads.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rainbowkisses

@Phatmac: I apologize if I seemed a little to snarky. I just thought I would give my opinion like everyone else in the thread. Would you prefer that my first post is just the information and I make a separate posting giving my opinion? If so I might do that from now on.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably give it a shot. I liked the first game quite a bit; though I wasn't a big fan of the second one for some reason.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tim_the_corsair
    @Phatmac

I'd love for OPs to keep their opinions to themselves for once and just show us what we need to know. I'm not defending this game at all, it is just something that I dislike in threads.

He doesn't work here, he was sharing something including his opinion.

Actually come to think of it, the people who work here do the exact same thing
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By falserelic

I just got done watching this vid, and I honestly wasn't impress by it. It looks like another generic shooter.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pezen

Holy shit, they use Frostbite 2 and they didn't even bother to rework the UI to make it look less like Battlefield 3? Or I hope that's just placeholder graphics. It's a little jarring to see pretty much the same UI design in two completely different games.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

The destructive nature of the environments is nice. That's all though. I still don't care about Army of Two as a franchise, but at least it's in the hands of a better studio like Visceral. It might not feel as janky and could actually have a good story?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.