Spare a few moments in your next Civilization V game to pour one out for never-ending peace deals and magical resource boosts. A big patch for the turn-based game is in the works, and it's going to squash these charitable bugs, along with several other much nastier ones.
2K Games has revealed part of the upcoming patch's notes over on the official Civilization forums. The list is large and full of tweaks, fixes, and corrections Firaxis plans to apply to the game's UI, regular action, AI, online component, and more.
One of the more popular fixes with fans on the forums appears to be the dismissal of auto-unit cycling, which can become a real drag for late-game warmongers as the camera snaps to troops wherever it pleases without reason or regard for their precious eyes. Of course, multiple crash fixes appear to be a big winner as well. The notes as currently listed have been reproduced below if you'd like a good look at them.
There is no ETA on this patch, by the way, and we shouldn't consider this a complete listing despite the length of its notes. In the thread, "2K Greg" says this is just what he's collected thus far from the devs working at fixing the game. I should note that a second patch is planned, too. That patch will add Pitboss and Hotseat play. No ETA on that one, either.
== TEASER ==UI
- Fix for production prompt that sometimes appears with newly created puppet states that could stop the player from being able to end the turn.
- Aircraft banner corrections -- Now when you rebase an aircraft, the number will move with it.
- Resource icons now come up with Ctrl-R again, instead of sharing the same button with Build Roads.
- Selecting a great general will no longer cause yield icons to appear.
- Added option to disable auto-unit cycling.
- Fix for full-screen game when running dual monitors. Previously, the curser could scroll off the “open” side, and not be able to scroll the map in that direction.
- Misc additional fixes to mouse controls, and other interface issues.
- Rounded out financial information in the Economic Overview screen. Details now provided on the amount of gold provided by each city, the cost of buildings in each city, etc.
- Auto-populate save menu with save file name
- Allow selection of other cities by hex from within the city screen
- Added detailed trade route info to Economic Overview screen
- Category list now displays correctly
- Workers -- Added option to force workers to ignore manually made improvements (so they don’t change what you decide was best for a plot).
- Workers -- Fixed bug where number of turns to complete were incorrect in build action button tool-tip.
- Economy -- Fixed bug where players could disband a single unit, and not see the economic return until disbanding 1 more.
- Economy -- Increased city wealth setting to 25%
- Economy -- Multiple fixes to the way trade-routes are tabulated and recognized.
- Economy -- Can now sell Buildings in a city (to help lower maintenance for obsolete buildings later in the game).
- Trade -- Found and corrected a Trade problem that could cause your Resource inventory to multiply.
- City States -- Fixed a bug where you could not gift aircraft to city states.
- Military -- Medic promotion now only provides healing bonus for adjacent units.
- Military -- Fix for Minuteman movement.
- Military -- Correct promotions for “archer-like” units (horse archers, chariots).
- Military -- Embarked units will no longer slow enemy land units
- Military -- Improved unit cycling logic. Camera will jump around much less.
- Balance -- Engineers +1 hammer
- Military -- Better handling of unit need (navy vs land, etc.) .
- Military -- AI will tend to build ships to deal with blockaded cities more often
- Military -- Corrected an issue hampering movement of AI armies, especially when in close proximity to enemy forces
- Diplomacy -- AI will be more reluctant to offer or accept open border agreements with more powerful opponents.
- Diplomacy -- Fix for never ending deals (peace, research agreements, etc).
- City -- City specialization and city focus improvements.
- City -- Cities that are Avoiding Growth will not grow while that option is selected
- Workers -- Priority of trading posts reduced, and rebalanced priorities on other improvements
- Workers -- Improved the path-finding mechanic when building route-to roads improved, including a large performance increase when evaluating road-pathing.
- Exploit -- Fix for gifting unit exploit
- Chat -- Color-coding, sound alerts, etc., added for in-game chat system, including a larger window.
- Deals -- Additional deal validation put in place to verify deals before they are committed
- Research treaties that end because you declare war will no longer grant the free tech
- Save/Load -- Fix for corrupted saves being experienced by some players in late-game.
- Map -- Huge map crash-during-load fix that were reported on some specific systems.
- Map -- Terrain caching fix that could cause problems for certain video cards (the “glowing red orbs” seen on the map are an indicator of this).
- Map -- Fix for the low res terrain that appears the first time the game is run (terrain tiles would not load in anything but low-res the first time you play on some computer configurations)
- Strategic View -- Crash fix for units rendering in background.
- Strategic View -- Fix for selecting units either standing on a city plot, or garrisoned in the city plot.
- Eyefinity -- Better handling of leader scenes when using Eyefinity displays.
- Tutorials -- Many tutorial tweaks and adjustments.
- Multiple crash fixes.