The ESA has announced a partial list of exhibitors for this year's E3, which will take place in early June at the LA Convention Center. Yes, we are precisely four months away from the start of E3 2009. That's kind of soon! We should probably start planning our coverage a bit so it doesn't all sneak up on us.
I expect our coverage will bear a passing resemblance to this...
...except it will be bigger, better, and probably more bad-ass, as well.
That should dovetail nicely into what E3 2009 is shaping up to be this year, because the exhibitor list makes it sound like it'll be achieving the three B's, too. Here's the list provided by the ESA:
- Activision Blizzard, Inc.
- Atari, Inc.
- Atlus U.S.A., Inc.
- Bethesda Softworks LLC
- Capcom Entertainment, Inc.
- Disney Interactive Studios, Inc.
- Eidos Interactive
- Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Epic Games, Inc.
- 505 Games
- KOEI Corporation
- Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
- LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC
- Majesco Entertainment Company
- Microsoft Corporation
- Midway Games Inc.
- MTV Games
- Namco Bandai Games America Inc.
- Nintendo of America, Inc.
- Sega of America, Inc.
- Serious Games
- Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
- Sony Online Entertainment LLC
- Square Enix, Inc.
- Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
- THQ Inc.
- Ubisoft Entertainment
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Inc.
You might notice a few publishers missing from the list, like D3, NCsoft, and Valve. Also, Activision and LucasArts bailed on last year's show, but they'll be in the house this time. Exhibit space is still up for sale, so keep in mind that this isn't the final list.
OK, let's throw it open with the most speculative question you can ask about video games... what do you want to see at E3 this year?