Nintendo comes out with a fairly significantly goofy animated and live-action intro with Reggie and Iwata going at each other. Looks like they got the Robot Chicken guys to animate some of the transitions here. At least these guys look like they're having fun.
- Super Smash Bros. 3DS features a big portion of the beginning of the conference.
- Ah, Nintendo's getting into the Skylanders game with Amiibo. Looks like these are actually some kind of partnership with the Skylander team. Each figure will have a chip that can send and receive data. The figures will interact with the gamepad, and it looks like Super Smash Bros Wii; you can make a custom Amiibo character that can be imported into the game. Mario Kart 8 will also eventually get support for it.
- The next Yoshi game will take some tips from Kirby's Epic Yarn; Yoshi will have some light levitation abilities, can eat up and spit out other Yoshis in co-op. Looks adorable in a way that's pretty similar to Epic Yarn, but with more 3D elements. Yoshi's Wooly World will be arriving in 2015.
- You get a game, you get a game; every Mario character gets a game! Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker stars everyone's favorite diminutive amphibian as he searches a 3D world for...I'm guessing treasure.
- Zelda! "Revisiting the conventions of Zelda would be our theme for Zelda on the WiiU." After a bit of history, we get our first glimpse of the game. A big, realistic-looking open world; "can enter any location from any direction." Sounds like exploration will be more important here, and it sounds like you won't be locked into Dungeon 1 - Dungeon 2 - Dungeon 3 progression here. Link's quickly attacked by some kind of crazy sci-fi enemy that shoots laser beams at him; he responds with some bomb-arrows to take it out. Everything looks pretty sharp and smooth; a bit of cel-shadedness, but it looks quite good.
- Bayonetta 2 is still a Wii U exclusive, it looks like. Huge enemies and plenty of big setpieces to come, it would appear. And...Zelda and Samus Aran outfits? Look like the game will probably also include the first Bayonetta.
- Hyrule Warriors. Looks like you'll be located on fairly large maps, and your troops will let you know if they're in trouble; you'll have the choice to go after them or stick with yourself. Two-player mode will not be splitscreen, but you'll be able to have one player on Gamepad and one on the screen. Zelda, Link, and many other characters will be playable. Comes out September 26, 2014.
- Speaking of Epic Yarn, looks like a sequel of sorts is coming along: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse in 2015.
- Some kind of sci-fi anime-inspired space saga. Humanity has been pushed from Earth by the forces of the Growth empire, and war rages. Ah, it's a mech game. Action both planetside and in space, it looks lie. Very cutscene-heavy trailer. Xenoblade Chronicles comes in 2015. A port of the Wii game?
- Mario Maker arrives! Make your own custom 2D Mario levels. Looks like you'll be able to use whatever graphical style of mario you want, whether it's old-school NES sprites or modern Super Mario Bros. U. Everything is 2D, though, so no Super Mario 64 level editor or anything.
- Splatoon, an "eight player, four-on-four online action game." You claim your turf by splattering ink on the ground, rather than shooting everyone. Covering ink claims territory, and the team with the most territory at the end of the match wins. Characters will transform between humans and squids; humans can fire ink, and squids have higher mobility. This actually looks like a really neat implementation of new mechanics in a third-person multiplayer shooter.
- One more little teaser: Some kind of anime Zelda thing? Kid Icarus appears, alongside Palutena. I guess this is another character reveal for Super Smash Bros. And...dark Icarus?
Plenty of stuff to digest here, and we'll be trying to track down more trailers and videos for all of this stuff as soon as we can. Miyamoto appears for a bit to announce that there'll be a lot more going down today on Nintendo's Twitch stream and YouTube, so...hey, I'm going to go try and find that stuff!