I hear you. You're out there whining about how your house is already filled to the brim with plastic guitars and that you're going to take a stand and not buy any more games with equipment. I get where you're coming from, but you're wrong. You know as well as I do that you're going to crack at some point and end up with a copy of DJ Hero, which is due out on October 27. Hey, it's only like $120, right? Surely you've spent more on rhythm games in the past.
And you know why you're going to be right there, alongside me, buying DJ Hero while simultaneously cursing yourself out for "letting it happen again?" These screenshots should pretty much tell the tale:
Yeah. The French robot men of Daft Punk are going to be in DJ Hero. They're contributing 11 tracks, which include two "megamixes" of their material, these eight tracks, and one mysterious thing that hasn't been announced yet but probably isn't world-shattering:
- Daft Punk “Around the World” vs. Young MC “Bust A Move”
- Daft Punk “Da Funk” vs. NASA “Strange Enough ft. Karen O, ODB and Fatlip”
- Daft Punk “Da Funk” vs. Queen “Another One Bites the Dust”
- Daft Punk “Robot Rock” vs. Hashim “Al-Naafiysh (The Soul)” – Produced and mixed by The Scratch Perverts
- Daft Punk “Robot Rock” vs. Queen “We Will Rock You”
- Daft Punk “Short Circuit” vs. Boogie Down Productions “Jack Of Spades”
- Daft Punk “Technologic” vs. Gary Numan “Cars”
- Daft Punk “Television Rules The Nation” vs. No Doubt “Hella Good”
I don't normally consider promotional screenshots of games to be worthy of being desktop wallpaper, but I'm pretty close on a couple of these shots. Heck, at this point I'm practically ready to throw down for the way-more-expensive "Renegade" edition of the game... though since that won't come with any weird replica Daft Punk helmets, maybe I can safely hold off of that one. We'll see.