If you missed it, here was the news that came out of the latest stream.
- Nintendo has released an application on the Wii U eShop that will allow Animal Crossing: New Leaf players to interact with one another on the company’s home console. It’s scheduled to “run through the end of 2014,” and functions as an advanced Miiverse community. By inserting your 3DS’ SD card, photos and QR codes can be imported and shared.
- Luigi was confirmed as a playable character Super Smash Bros. on both Wii U and 3DS.
- Pokemon Rumble U, Nintendo’s first experiment with NFC, launches on the eShop on August 29.
- Art Academy: SketchPad arrives on the eShop on August 9, otherwise known as later this week.
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD will arrive sometime in October. No, Nintendo still has not announced any new dungeons for the game.
- Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright is finally coming to North America sometime in 2014.
- We learned The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds will arrive in November, and takes place “long after” the events of the original Link to the Past. While there will be some familiar locations, the puzzles and dungeons are brand-new.
- On the 3DS Virtual Console, the NES version of Donkey Kong arrives on August 15, Tecmo Bowl is sometime in September, and Wario Land 3 is “coming soon.” Super Mario Bros. 3 is headed to both Wii U and 3DS “later this year,” and Nintendo would be more than happy to see you buy both for no good reason, even though one purchase should, ideally, unlock the other.