AC2 being re-released by Turbine

#1 Posted by Aviar (427 posts) -

Turbine appears to have given the users of their long running MMO, Asheron's Call a little gift for X-mas. It looks like they have brought up a server for the once cancelled game Asheron's Call 2.

If you have a current subscription to AC1, you can play AC2 for free while it is back in beta.

http://forums.ac.turbine.com/showthread.php?t=57257

#2 Posted by AgentDanger (31 posts) -

Didn't know Asheron's Call was even still running - are you an active player from the start?

Pretty crazy that they are bringing back AC2.

#3 Posted by Aviar (427 posts) -

@AgentDanger: I started playing back in January of 2000 and left and came back several times. Been playing pretty steady now for the past eight months to a year. I just get burnt out on most, but the original AC still gets updated monthly and with it being 13 years old now, there is just so much content its insane.

#4 Posted by AgentDanger (31 posts) -

@Aviar said:

@AgentDanger: I started playing back in January of 2000 and left and came back several times. Been playing pretty steady now for the past eight months to a year. I just get burnt out on most, but the original AC still gets updated monthly and with it being 13 years old now, there is just so much content its insane.

Very cool - while I never played Asheron's Call myself (I was still entrenched in Ultima Online at the time) I hope you have fun and that the game continues to live a long life!

I've personally moved on from UO to (and never moved past) World of Warcraft, there's just something about the community and amount and type of content that continues to intrigue me even many years on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.