Die, Die My Darling

#1 Posted by KindGalaxy (429 posts) -
YouTube Link

  

Video Tribute to the most annoying NPC companion.
#2 Posted by Milkman (16225 posts) -

Aw, calm on. Ashley wasn't THAT bad.

Online
#3 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

I remember seeing this video a while back. Always nice to hear a good Metallica song.

Anyway, Ashley was annoying, but I wouldn't wish her to die or anything.

#4 Posted by jakob187 (21503 posts) -

She'd close her legs when you'd try to peek up her skirt.  Meanwhile, you are risking life and limb to kill ****POSSIBLE SPOILER**** crazy cult muthafuckers to save hers.  Least she could do is let you see some snatch.

So yes...she IS the most annoying NPC companion.
#5 Posted by KindGalaxy (429 posts) -
Milkman said:
"Aw, calm on. Ashley wasn't THAT bad."
The girl was a bear trap magnet. Literally did not see the damn thing and walked on it, she'd be the type of NPC companion who'd run into a wall whilst you walked through the door.
#6 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2883 posts) -

Too bad that's a shitty cover of a great song. :(

#7 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"She'd close her legs when you'd try to peek up her skirt.  Meanwhile, you are risking life and limb to kill ****POSSIBLE SPOILER**** crazy cult muthafuckers to save hers.  Least she could do is let you see some snatch.
So yes...she IS the most annoying NPC companion.
"
But she gave herself in the end, it was Leon who declined.


Ashley: "Want sex?"

Leon: "No thanks"
#8 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
Black_Rose said:
"jakob187 said:
"She'd close her legs when you'd try to peek up her skirt.  Meanwhile, you are risking life and limb to kill ****POSSIBLE SPOILER**** crazy cult muthafuckers to save hers.  Least she could do is let you see some snatch.
So yes...she IS the most annoying NPC companion.
"
But she gave herself in the end, it was Leon who declined.


Ashley: "Want sex?"

Leon: "No thanks""
I believe it went something like:

Ashley: "I wanna fuck all night"

Leon: "But its daytime now""

Ashley: "Oh wells, the next time people kidnap me to hold for ransom over the president at night time, then"

Leon: "Yeah, I'll pencil you in, peace."

Roll credits.....
#9 Posted by clubsandwich (3796 posts) -
Milkman said:
"Aw, calm on. Ashley wasn't THAT bad."
Are you kidding me? she's the most annoying character in the RE series along with Alfred Ashford.
#10 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
StaticFalconar said:
 I believe it went something like:

It was more like this:

Ahsley: I want you to make love to me

Leon: Thanks, but I'm gay.

Ashley: :|

Roll credits...


Though RE4 is a great game, the worst part was having to babysit her for so long.
#11 Edited by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Ashley was actually one of the most competent unarmed game companions I can think of. She was good at staying close behind you and not getting in the way. She also proved she could hold her own when she got separated. Sure, she's no Stallone, but she handled her business. Yeah, at times, she's gonna get grabbed by the bad guys, but hey, so are you, right? Obviously it should be easier for them to grab her than it is for them to grab you, so I don't see the big deal. If she's getting taken away too much, you're probably not protecting her very well. She was good at following your orders, keeping up, and not getting stuck behind objects. As for her and Leon not starting a relationship, dude, sure, she was like 20 but the girl looked 12. It'd be pretty disturbing if he was into that, so yeah, totally don't blame the guy for passing.

Really, if you think Ashley in RE4 is bad, stop for a moment and try to remember Natalya from Goldeneye. Yeah, how many times did you wanna kill her because she was so retarded? Exactly.

#12 Posted by Joker (675 posts) -
StaticFalconar said:
"Black_Rose said:
"jakob187 said:
"She'd close her legs when you'd try to peek up her skirt.  Meanwhile, you are risking life and limb to kill ****POSSIBLE SPOILER**** crazy cult muthafuckers to save hers.  Least she could do is let you see some snatch.
So yes...she IS the most annoying NPC companion.
"
But she gave herself in the end, it was Leon who declined.


Ashley: "Want sex?"

Leon: "No thanks""
I believe it went something like:

Ashley: "I wanna fuck all night"

Leon: "But its daytime now""

Ashley: "Oh wells, the next time people kidnap me to hold for ransom over the president at night time, then"

Leon: "Yeah, I'll pencil you in, peace."

Roll credits....."
It actually was....

Ashley: So uhh, after you take me back to my place, how about we do some overtime?

Leon: Heh, sorry.

Ashley: I knew you would say no. Didn't hurt to ask.
#13 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I had no idea who this Ashley person was until I finally decided to open this thread and now it all comes back. I agree that she should die as many painful deaths as possible. Having to escort her around ruined the game for me...I still have yet to finish the game because I just got sick of dealing with her, though I think I got to the point where she was kidnapped again...or something like that.

#14 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -

Actually i never had a problem with Ashley.
The thing i would do was park her in a room i cleared, then go on as far as possible as i could alone, clear the enemies and then park her again and so on.
She never died that way.

#15 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
Endogene said:
"Actually i never had a problem with Ashley.
The thing i would do was park her in a room i cleared, then go on as far as possible as i could alone, clear the enemies and then park her again and so on.
She never died that way."
That doesn't mean it was fun babysitting her. She didn't really die on me much, but I can't say I ever enjoyed having her around.
#16 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
Linkyshinks said:
"I never had any problems controlling her myself, on the Gamecube version at least she, she controlled perfectly because of the controller I think. You just had to always consider well where you positioned yourself for her best protection and also consider well where to leave her. That gave you the best time advantage to get to her if need be.

Dude, have to finish RE4. It's a mad excuse to stop playing."
Well I was playing it on the GC so I can't say I thought it controlled perfectly, but I plan to finish it at some point...I've just been neglecting my Gamecube as of late....and like I said, I think I may have gotten past the worst parts with her. I also plan to pick up a copy of Silent Hill 2 today and give that game a shot.
#17 Posted by TEAMHOLT (437 posts) -
TheGTAvaccine said:
"Too bad that's a shitty cover of a great song. :("
I wasn't going to say it like that, but yeah, I'm with you there.

I've never had an issue with Ashley, and she's easily the best NPC I've ever had to escort in a game. I just never felt like I had to think about her too much outside of diffusing bear traps and making sure she was right behind me when shit started hitting the fan, which is something she did by herself anyway. That video was still pretty funny, though.
#18 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -
TheGTAvaccine said:
"Too bad that's a shitty cover of a great song. :("
Too bad no one had heard of the song till metallica covered it, and yeah sorry but the cover of the song was superior to the original simple as that.
The misfits song wasn't very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0goCVEExv8 original by misfits live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GIisWJJG28 Live by metallica

the metallica version is clear, you can undertand whats being said they have a presence on stage, and the guitar chords can actually be heard distinctly...yeah the metallica cover is superior.
#19 Edited by TheGTAvaccine (2883 posts) -
WilliamRLBaker said:
"TheGTAvaccine said:
"Too bad that's a shitty cover of a great song. :("
Too bad no one had heard of the song till metallica covered it, and yeah sorry but the cover of the song was superior to the original simple as that.
The misfits song wasn't very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0goCVEExv8 original by misfits live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GIisWJJG28 Live by metallica

the metallica version is clear, you can undertand whats being said they have a presence on stage, and the guitar chords can actually be heard distinctly...yeah the metallica cover is superior.
"
Have to disagree strongly. Metallica can kiss my ass as far as I'm concerned, and I didnt even know they covered Misfits songs until way after I started loving the Misfits. And besides, using live versions? Laaame. People get fatigued at concerts, especially the Misfits because they'er up moving around, interacting, unlike Metallica standing in place like robots.


Also, why not use the real version of the Misfits song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQlF-JVKRK4 because I'm pretty sure you missed the entire point of the song - it's supposed to sound sinister and devilish, not like some shitty metal song.
#20 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

We're supposed to be talking about how Ashley sucks...not how Metallica sucks! :P

#21 Posted by Shotaro (820 posts) -

I enjoyed watching that not because of how much I hate Ashley (never got round to RE 4) but how much I hate escort missions in general - can we get one of Adam Wests character in XIII please?

or Phil fecking Bell in GTA IV - I still haven't beaten the Catch the wave mission cos the guy commits seppuku everytime I attempt it.

#22 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2883 posts) -
Kush said:
"We're supposed to be talking about how Ashley sucks...not how Metallica sucks! :P"
Oh yeah!

Well, I can safely say that I quit playing RE4 because of Ashley, and nothing anybody can say will make me go back to it.
#23 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
TheGTAvaccine said:
"Well, I can safely say that I quit playing RE4 because of Ashley, and nothing anybody can say will make me go back to it."
Damn right! It's nice to see another person who stopped playing because of that ho!
#24 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -
TheGTAvaccine said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"TheGTAvaccine said:
"Too bad that's a shitty cover of a great song. :("
Too bad no one had heard of the song till metallica covered it, and yeah sorry but the cover of the song was superior to the original simple as that.
The misfits song wasn't very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0goCVEExv8 original by misfits live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GIisWJJG28 Live by metallica

the metallica version is clear, you can undertand whats being said they have a presence on stage, and the guitar chords can actually be heard distinctly...yeah the metallica cover is superior.
"
Have to disagree strongly. Metallica can kiss my ass as far as I'm concerned, and I didnt even know they covered Misfits songs until way after I started loving the Misfits. And besides, using live versions? Laaame. People get fatigued at concerts, especially the Misfits because they'er up moving around, interacting, unlike Metallica standing in place like robots.


Also, why not use the real version of the Misfits song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQlF-JVKRK4 because I'm pretty sure you missed the entire point of the song - it's supposed to sound sinister and devilish, not like some shitty metal song."
LOL that live metallica cover was done after an entire set thats an hour-2 hours of music so you have no idea what your talking about.
and I've seen the original misfits rendition and it doesn't sound evil or delivish it just sounds shitty, The metallica cover is 1000X better and If you knew about the misfits before the metallica cover then im satan lol.

Just face it your another one of the stupid pundits that actually believe cutting your hair means you sold out, Metallica is one of the best metal bands since the start of metal.
#25 Posted by pause422 (6153 posts) -

I definitely agree that if you were to soldier on in the game and just deal with having to babysit the girl, as annoying as she is, it is a good payoff because some of the best boss fights are later in the end if I remember..its a really satisfying game, but I can completely understand how that chick can stop someone from playing, it is some very annoying parts. I don't like escorts on any game what so ever...especially when its someone thats helpless and you have to guide every little place.

#26 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2883 posts) -
WilliamRLBaker said:
"TheGTAvaccine said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"TheGTAvaccine said:
"Too bad that's a shitty cover of a great song. :("
Too bad no one had heard of the song till metallica covered it, and yeah sorry but the cover of the song was superior to the original simple as that.
The misfits song wasn't very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0goCVEExv8 original by misfits live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GIisWJJG28 Live by metallica

the metallica version is clear, you can undertand whats being said they have a presence on stage, and the guitar chords can actually be heard distinctly...yeah the metallica cover is superior.
"
Have to disagree strongly. Metallica can kiss my ass as far as I'm concerned, and I didnt even know they covered Misfits songs until way after I started loving the Misfits. And besides, using live versions? Laaame. People get fatigued at concerts, especially the Misfits because they'er up moving around, interacting, unlike Metallica standing in place like robots.


Also, why not use the real version of the Misfits song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQlF-JVKRK4 because I'm pretty sure you missed the entire point of the song - it's supposed to sound sinister and devilish, not like some shitty metal song."
LOL that live metallica cover was done after an entire set thats an hour-2 hours of music so you have no idea what your talking about.
and I've seen the original misfits rendition and it doesn't sound evil or delivish it just sounds shitty, The metallica cover is 1000X better and If you knew about the misfits before the metallica cover then im satan lol.

Just face it your another one of the stupid pundits that actually believe cutting your hair means you sold out, Metallica is one of the best metal bands since the start of metal."
Yeah, I did know about the Misfits before I heard that god awful cover, and Metallica still sucks.

I guess we just need to agree to disagree, it's always been "my music is good and your music sucks" and it'll never change.
#27 Posted by get2sammyb (6413 posts) -

I'm here again just to say: LEOOOOOOON!

#28 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

I had so much of a problem with her I stopped playing RE4 when I got her out of that church.

#29 Posted by Plasticworld (108 posts) -

She wasn't that bad. It just pissed me off when she started coughing, Leon is all like "Are you ok?" and then she gets away runs off and gets trapped by those fucking metal belts around one wall.


Also I fucking hated playing that one part as her.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.