Real Assassin's Creed IV screenshots leaked + NEWER TRAILER

#1 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4027 posts) -

I saw this, and I'm pretty amused this leaked out so early. I'm not sure if they're gonna release these screenshots on Monday, or if its just gonna be That teaser-trailer. Oh-Boy!

Edit: Here's a GameSpot article 'bout the same thing, n' source. GameSpot: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag screenshots leak Amusing Ubisoft tweet: @CarstenMyhill:

Leakier than the Titanic

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2013/03/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag.html

So that's all I got. I loved the amazing forest in AC3. I imagined I was in a King Arthur story, or something, and there was a dragon I had to go slay. I dunno mans, that one forest looked British. ~ Cool.

Edit: joystiq reports newer slo-mo teaser. [Watch before it gets pulled] joystiq: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag screens leak, trailer sails again

Amusing, guns, guns, pirates.

#2 Edited by Nightriff (4335 posts) -

I still need to play revelations and 3 but this looks interesting, reminds of that cancelled pirates of the Caribbean game a bit

#3 Posted by Reisz (1356 posts) -

Man, I'm getting more and more grateful I didn't manage to burn myself out on AC, this looks pretty great, but then III "looked" pretty great too and apparently that didn't pan out so well.

#4 Posted by Mikemcn (6874 posts) -

Please let me air assassinate Whales so I can craft stuff from them.

#5 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

This could actually be fucking awesome, loved the naval combat in AC3. If they actually implement a open world full of islands to explore.

But does anyone just wish they would get the present day sections and story of the game out of it, and the futuristic UI as well. Nothing worse than travesing though the frontier in the 1700's and getting a NEW EMAIL! pop up.

I just want a AC game without a DaVinci Code storyline thrown in.

#6 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

As much as the pirate action sounds awesome, I refuse to get excited after what they did with III.

#7 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

looks like art

#8 Edited by Yummylee (20543 posts) -

Looks like Assassin's Creed may have jumped the...whale.

I know, I know. /suicide.

Anywhoo the idea of being able to explore the scurvy seas, uncovering mysterious islands and such, sounds fantastic. While it's easy to be cynical about the series given the mess it's in, I'm finding it difficult to keep my rising levels of excitement at bay.

Also, I swear to God, does nobody ever bother posting threads in the correct forum pages these days?!

#9 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4027 posts) -

@yummylee: I get a little worried a moderator is gonna send my post back to General Discussion because everyone starts doing AC threads as stuff comes out. Same with Destiny. ~ But I'll play.

#10 Edited by MarkWahlberg (4493 posts) -

Hoodie Simulator: Caribbean Edition. I'd prefer it if this were a new IP, but I'll take my buccaneering any way I can.

@mikemcn said:

Please let me air assassinate Whales so I can craft stuff from them.

Whale-riding DLC confirmed.

#11 Posted by TheHT (10262 posts) -

2013 - Year of the Whale

#12 Edited by Quarters (1547 posts) -

Might as well call it Assassin's Creed IV: Leaky Business at this point. I swear, every single facet that they've been building up to has been leaked thus far.

#13 Posted by cb1115 (95 posts) -

Looks nice. Interested to see if the naval stuff will be a huge part of the game.

#14 Edited by StarFoxA (5123 posts) -

Ubisoft needs to just admit that they're "leaking" this stuff on purpose, this is getting ridiculous.

#15 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4027 posts) -

@starfoxa said:

Ubisoft needs to just admit that they're "leaking" this stuff on purpose, this is getting ridiculous.

Ubisoft: "Aw shit, that does look funny. That boat sure looks like you could stab it all purty. I don't know what the fuck that's about. ~ I'm hungry."

#16 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3595 posts) -

Oh man this looks so cool.

@theht said:

2013 - Year of the Whale

Too bad Dishonored came out last year. Maybe "Whale Punk" will really take off this year?

#17 Posted by ThePhantomStranger (353 posts) -

Wow that is one masturbatory trailer. Yo I'm blackbeard and you're a badass! Not saying it's offensive or even out of the norm just kinda noticeable to me right now.

So is this the group that did Revelations?

#18 Posted by John1912 (1742 posts) -

I have really love the franchise since AC2. I enjoy them, but once Ive played through and the game has had time to digest....Cant help but feel disappointed somehow. I sure as fuck dont want a new one already. I think im done with AC.

#19 Edited by HistoryInRust (6214 posts) -

Let me tell you about the part of me that is excited for another Assassin's Creed game:

There isn't one!

#20 Posted by Jothel (893 posts) -

yay, more trees!

#21 Edited by MooseyMcMan (9729 posts) -

Apparently after ACIII had a chopped up, loading screened-ized world, this one's going to be all open world, and that makes it kinda Wind Waker-y.

And I approve.

Source.

Also, pirates. Argh.

#22 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

@nightriff said:

I still need to play revelations and 3 but this looks interesting, reminds of that cancelled pirates of the Caribbean game a bit

You don't know how many people envy you. I wish, WISH, I stopped at Brotherhood which was an enormously satisfying high note. Revelations and AC3 will make you turn from an AC lover to a hater in an instant.

My advice to you, keep the sweet taste of Brotherhood in your mouth until Black Flag hits and play that. Revelations and AC3 do not exist.

#23 Edited by Village_Guy (2403 posts) -

Get rid of the frontier from AC3 add some ports and an open-world ocean to roam, give me some more ship/weapon options and we are all set to sail.

That jungle image makes me hope there won't be too much of that, unless it is some linear treasure hunts. Give me open-world waters and ports and tight dungeons and jungles.

#24 Posted by Nilazz (606 posts) -

That underwater picture has sold me on the whole pirate theme, bring it on!

#25 Posted by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

:(

#26 Posted by Nilazz (606 posts) -

#27 Edited by Druminator (1666 posts) -

Wow, looks awesome!

#28 Posted by cmblasko (1003 posts) -

Is this game's entire marketing campaign going to be comprised of fake leaks?

#29 Posted by Kazona (3055 posts) -

The screenshots look great, but I'm still unable to feel any kind of excitement for this.

#30 Posted by Drace (162 posts) -

Exactly what kind of PC do I need for it to look like those screens or are these "next-gen" screenshots?

#31 Edited by Nightriff (4335 posts) -

@officegamer said:

@nightriff said:

You don't know how many people envy you. I wish, WISH, I stopped at Brotherhood which was an enormously satisfying high note. Revelations and AC3 will make you turn from an AC lover to a hater in an instant.

My advice to you, keep the sweet taste of Brotherhood in your mouth until Black Flag hits and play that. Revelations and AC3 do not exist.

Yeah...but like Brad I want to see it through, I'm not a crazed fan about the franchise and I've heard the backlash about Rev and 3 so I know what I'm getting into, but I enjoy the ancient setting the most and that is mainly why I play the games. Basically if I could just get rid of the bullshit sci fi stuff I would enjoy them more and I didn't think Brotherhood is the best, I still enjoyed the first one the most, even though it has major problems, that is the one I felt like a badass assassin the most.

#32 Edited by jaffaz (138 posts) -

I felt daft letting myself fall for the excitement all over again...but what they are proposing sounds right up my street: Assassins Creed: Wind Waker :)

#33 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9729 posts) -

@nightriff: Revelations and ACIII aren't as bad as people make them out to be. They're not as good as ACII or Brotherhood, but they aren't awful like some will have you believe. ACIII is definitely worth playing, if only for the Bunker Hill mission. That was pretty rad.

#34 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

I just don't feel any excitement towards Creed anymore, not even a shred. Cool for those that do though.

#35 Edited by Klei (1768 posts) -

You said ''Real screenshots leaked''. These aren't real screenshots, these are heavily modified scenes made for marketing. The ''real'' screens won't look anywhere as good as these.

#36 Posted by Krullban (976 posts) -

@nightriff: Revelations and ACIII aren't as bad as people make them out to be. They're not as good as ACII or Brotherhood, but they aren't awful like some will have you believe. ACIII is definitely worth playing, if only for the Bunker Hill mission. That was pretty rad.

I'm a little bit confused about the massive hatred about ACIII to be honest. I thought it was a solid game. Not the best in the series, but it is FAR from the trainwreck everybody seems to make it out to be.

#37 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

I know they've got a brand to market, but why not just make a new Pirates! game or something similar? I really don't want to have the shitty story on top of really good mechanics and setting.

#38 Posted by jakob187 (21503 posts) -

@starfoxa said:

Quoted for the muthafuckin' truth.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.