Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed Unity

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 11, 2014

The Assassin's Creed series heads to Paris, France, amid the French Revolution. The player controls Arno Dorian, an Assassin, as he attempts to disrupt and destroy the true powers behind the Revolution.

So is this actually playable yet?

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

So I bought Unity to get some content for a site I write for, but after playing just enough for a couple of articles I gave up, reconciling to the idea that patches would make it much better in the future.

I've read Ubi's big press releases but I've also seen Digital Foundry's results that it's a marginal difference. Is this still a total flop on PS4, or is the framerate solid enough now, along with the general feel of gameplay actually working to make it enjoyable?

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seem to post but it doesn't appear on the page - so sorry but bump! :)

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

No. They haven't fixed any of the framerate issues.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Humanity

@shalashaskauk666: What made it unplayable for you to the point where you couldn't finish the game?

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

The patch is caled Victory, it's coming out next November.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is performance on Xbox One like? I got the bundle the other day because it was ridiculously cheap and I'm only playing through black flag now. I think it'd be best to know what performance is like before I jump in and if it'll be better to wait until the next patch. Black Flag is massive so it'll take me a while anyway.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Corevi

@xyzygy: It's significantly better than the PS4 version and is quite playable.

Loading Video...

The performance is much worse in multiplayer though so you should avoid that as much as possible.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rethla

Apart from online fetures being totaly broken this game has always been playable

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just the framerate really, but also collision detection was terrible, leading to Arno freaking out if his feet were between multiple planes. I had a load of those 'fall through the world' bugs too, but they're apparently fixed.

One of the things I noticed most when going back to Black Flag on 360 before Unity launched was the terrible frame rate I must have otherwise ignored before there was so much emphasis on it, but with Unity I really wanted a buttery-smooth AC experience, with no random floating pedestrians or bugs getting in the way either.

I guess what I'm asking is - as the initial release felt like a game desperately in need of a few more playtest sessions, does this feel like a finished retail product?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Just as a quick update, I'm playing this on the PS4. There haven't been any gamebreaking or super notable bugs, but the icon tracker won't drop quests I'm not actively pursuing anymore, leaving the UI.a cluttered, unfriendly mess. It's hardly visible as it is with all the bullshit being tracked at once.

Also, I've encountered nearly as many traversal glitches as AC III. That game seemed a bit more buggy in terms of its landscape, but this one's pretty bad too.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just don't play it. This game sucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.