A funny thing happened on the Reach Line...

Posted by YukoAsho (2052 posts) -

So I'm sitting there at the Halo: Reach line, surrounded by kids way too fucking young to be at a midnight launch, including this little girl that couldn't have been more than 5 crying for a figurine or something and a bunch of annoying ass football fans who'd been following the San Diego-New York Jets game.  Generally a crap experience.  Then, with about 30 minutes to go, there came a truck with a bunch of people setting up a table with gingerbread cookies, soda and strange panphlets.  Turns out, Ubisoft had set up a little stunt to promote Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and it turned out to be a shining ray of light in the dreariness of the late-night blah.

Turns out the little booklet was a series of postcards.  Check it.

Front cover
 Inside Front Cover
 Postcard 1
 Postcard 2
 Postcard 3
 Postcard 4
 Postcard 5
 Postcard 6
 Postcard 7
 Postcard 8
 Postcard 9
Reverse side of the postcards
#1 Posted by YukoAsho (2052 posts) -

So I'm sitting there at the Halo: Reach line, surrounded by kids way too fucking young to be at a midnight launch, including this little girl that couldn't have been more than 5 crying for a figurine or something and a bunch of annoying ass football fans who'd been following the San Diego-New York Jets game.  Generally a crap experience.  Then, with about 30 minutes to go, there came a truck with a bunch of people setting up a table with gingerbread cookies, soda and strange panphlets.  Turns out, Ubisoft had set up a little stunt to promote Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and it turned out to be a shining ray of light in the dreariness of the late-night blah.

Turns out the little booklet was a series of postcards.  Check it.

Front cover
 Inside Front Cover
 Postcard 1
 Postcard 2
 Postcard 3
 Postcard 4
 Postcard 5
 Postcard 6
 Postcard 7
 Postcard 8
 Postcard 9
Reverse side of the postcards
#2 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3096 posts) -

Alright, I'll admit it.  Those are fucking gold.

#3 Posted by Orangefreak92 (60 posts) -

Nice, that stuff is always fun when it happens. They were handing out those pamphlets at PAX, but not the postcards. Those're pretty tight.

#4 Posted by thaijedi (139 posts) -

Nothing is true everything is permitted son

#5 Posted by Shirogane (3574 posts) -

Those post cards are awesome. But where's the gingerbread cookie and soda? You did what?! That's it, i'm sending you one of these things.
#6 Posted by iowastate (8 posts) -

awesome and odd - a  coke and gingerbread cookies would be nice.

#7 Posted by Jeust (10654 posts) -

Yep! Those postcards are pretty cool. 

#8 Posted by target_render (41 posts) -

that's pretty original, I must say.   Odd, but original.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.