Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

Anyone else's fingers hurt after too much AC:B?

PatVB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By PatVB

After playing for an hour or so, my fingers start to get really, really sore. Then, when I let go of the controller, they kinda just stay in the same position. It's probably an issue with how I hold the controller (right middle finger on RT, right index finger curled so it can hold the A button while running, and right thumb for camera control on the right stick), but they usually hurt for a few days afterwards. Anyone else have similar issues?

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Dany

Dude that is just weird. I just have thumb on A and RT with Index and it still hurts. 

One thing I hate is that if I am chasing or running and I want to readjust my left thumb, the ezio just stops or the horse just stops.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mordukai

Seeing how I can't really play the damn thing my answer would be NO!  

Great I have a $60 dust collector. 

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Sambambo

You hold the controller in a very odd fashion...

PatVB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PatVB

I only hold it that way for free-running, but it's the only way I've found that lets me hold RT, A, and the thumbstick at once...

eristocrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By eristocrat

How often do you really need to adjust the camera while free running?  Can't you just normal run for a second whenever you need to fix the camera?

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Sambambo

Ive just realised that I hold it in a similar way without realising, however I used my index finger on the stick. 

I dont get any problems, so try that?

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeF
    @Dany said:
    " Dude that is just weird. I just have thumb on A and RT with Index and it still hurts.  One thing I hate is that if I am chasing or running and I want to readjust my left thumb, the ezio just stops or the horse just stops. "
    just do what I did: use your chin or nose to hold the stick :D
    Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Arbie

I don't constantly have my thumb in position to adjust the camera but even so if my hand aches a little after gaming (and it's usually more than an hour) it sorts itself out pretty quickly. I think you need to be a little careful! This is an odd question but it just came to me! Are your hands getting cold?! You see I'm often wearing fingerless gloves when I'm gaming because my hands are freakishly cold and can get all stiff if I play too long without them!

vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#10  Edited By vager

I never felt like I needed to be able to control the camera while sprinting. If I did, I'd just quickly let go of the A button to move the camera to the right position. 
    I do still get stiff fingers after holding down the trigger for far too long. Though, it only lasts for a few seconds. 
    It probably has to do with me holding the trigger down really hard during the intense moments in the game.

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By babblinmule
    @Erzs said:
    " You see I'm often wearing fingerless gloves when I'm gaming because my hands are freakishly cold and can get all stiff if I play too long without them! "
    Woah, I thought i was the only one in the world who did this - ive been wearing fingerless gloves for years whilst gaming (bad circulation of the blood i guess). I thought i was the only one!! :D
    Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#12  Edited By Little_Socrates
    @Erzs said:

" I don't constantly have my thumb in position to adjust the camera but even so if my hand aches a little after gaming (and it's usually more than an hour) it sorts itself out pretty quickly."

Basically, this. Although your hand is contorted in a position mine doesn't even want to go in for ten seconds, your hands will get tired no matter what if you play the game for long periods of time. I seriously recommend not doing this to your hands, though; find a better way to use the thumbstick. Honestly, using your knuckle or palm to turn the camera left or right is going to be much healthier for your hands, and my first instinct, as someone else said, is simply to use the standard run instead of sprint to turn the camera.

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OneAndOnlyBigE

Also clicking the right stick swings the camera around behind Ezio so that could be a quicker way to adjust the camera.  I don't feel the need to mess with the camera while free running.  I feel that it does a good enough job of adjusting itself.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arbie
    @babblinmule:
    You are no longer alone, my friend!
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15  Edited By Yanngc33

How are you holding that controller ? Sounds like a painful game of twister

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By CptChiken
    @pat4327 said:
    " After playing for an hour or so, my fingers start to get really, really sore. Then, when I let go of the controller, they kinda just stay in the same position. It's probably an issue with how I hold the controller (right middle finger on RT, right index finger curled so it can hold the A button while running, and right thumb for camera control on the right stick), but they usually hurt for a few days afterwards. Anyone else have similar issues? "
    @SuperSambo said:
    " Ive just realised that I hold it in a similar way without realising, however I used my index finger on the stick.   I dont get any problems, so try that? "
    Trying out you're methods, and i have no idea how you can play like this?!
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CL60

Why do you hold the controller like that O.o I just hold it the same I do in every other game.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By agentboolen
    @OneAndOnlyBigE said:
    " Also clicking the right stick swings the camera around behind Ezio so that could be a quicker way to adjust the camera.  I don't feel the need to mess with the camera while free running.  I feel that it does a good enough job of adjusting itself. "
    Haven't played it but with any type of slasher type game this is always the best way to get the camera behind you quick and easy.
    Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#19  Edited By Timing

No, I've been holding the controller like you described for years. Not all the time of course, but in certain instances where it makes sense. I kind of automatically started doing that back with Halo 2 because it was very useful during melee fights (B was the punch button, and being able to look around while punching often gave you the upper hand).

As for this being useful in AC:B, I certainly think so. While you can easily get away with just switching between A and RT in single player, those few seconds you stop sprinting can very well mean death/loss of target in a multi player chase.

PatVB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PatVB
    @CptChiken: Apparently I have a freakish need to always be controlling the camera, but it certainly isn't comfortable. Whenever I'm in combat I switch back to a more normal position.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Scooper

Get an arcade stick lmao. It might help.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Jimbo

That's your body's way of telling you to stop holding the controller like an idiot.  Seriously, why would you ever want to do that?

PatVB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PatVB
    @Jimbo It's not that I enjoy holding it that way, it's just the only way I've found to have camera control while running...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.