Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition Detailed

• 90 results
Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

Plush animals or well-made cloth maps are all a publisher really needs to do to get us talking about a collector's edition bundle, but Ubisoft has raised the bar with its Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood offering. Not only will the bundle include a map (!), it will also include an AC-themed jack-in-the-box (!!). Kick that around in your head for a moment.

Done? Earlier this morning, Ubisoft announced its AC: Brotherhood collector's edition pack, a $99 offering that includes a host of exclusive content that one would otherwise be without if they purchased the vanilla version of the multiplayer-focused romp. The collector's edition ships on the same day as the other retail versions and will come in two flavors, Xbox 360 and PS3. Supplies, of course, are limited. 

So, what else in the pack? Here's a handy-bulleted list.
  • A copy of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
  • Two in-game single-player maps
  • A "hard copy" map of Rome
  • An art book
  • A bonus disc that includes trailers, the game's soundtrack, and a making-of video.

Unfortunately, there will be two different jack-in-the-boxes across a gaggle of different retailers. GameStop is the only place where you'll be able to score the Harlequin (below). Every other "participating retailer" will have bundles containing the Doctor J collectible (above). 

It is unknown at this time if either Jack-in-the-Box plays a cute tune or possesses the same explosive fun factor as most jack-in-the-boxes tend to have. But I want one regardless. I think I'm sick.

#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

Plush animals or well-made cloth maps are all a publisher really needs to do to get us talking about a collector's edition bundle, but Ubisoft has raised the bar with its Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood offering. Not only will the bundle include a map (!), it will also include an AC-themed jack-in-the-box (!!). Kick that around in your head for a moment.

Done? Earlier this morning, Ubisoft announced its AC: Brotherhood collector's edition pack, a $99 offering that includes a host of exclusive content that one would otherwise be without if they purchased the vanilla version of the multiplayer-focused romp. The collector's edition ships on the same day as the other retail versions and will come in two flavors, Xbox 360 and PS3. Supplies, of course, are limited. 

So, what else in the pack? Here's a handy-bulleted list.
  • A copy of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
  • Two in-game single-player maps
  • A "hard copy" map of Rome
  • An art book
  • A bonus disc that includes trailers, the game's soundtrack, and a making-of video.

Unfortunately, there will be two different jack-in-the-boxes across a gaggle of different retailers. GameStop is the only place where you'll be able to score the Harlequin (below). Every other "participating retailer" will have bundles containing the Doctor J collectible (above). 

It is unknown at this time if either Jack-in-the-Box plays a cute tune or possesses the same explosive fun factor as most jack-in-the-boxes tend to have. But I want one regardless. I think I'm sick.

#2 Posted by G0rd0nFr33m4n (762 posts) -

jack in box .... win ? maybe .. ? hmmm

#3 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5256 posts) -

Man I would much rather have the doctor JitB.

#4 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

Yep, a waste of money.

#5 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4973 posts) -

Now I feel like eating some fucking Jack in the Box...

#6 Posted by Omega (835 posts) -

That looks pretty cool. but i don't think i'll pay the extra money for it

#7 Posted by BulletStorm (487 posts) -

Dumb.

#8 Posted by Brenderous (1101 posts) -

aww fuck.

#9 Posted by Ashenn (47 posts) -

I like the  PS3 one better the creepy little fellow looks so jolly :) 
Also why they have to ruin the artwork on the disks on the 360 ones?

#10 Edited by snetErz (120 posts) -

Interesting collection, but I still don't buy those collectors editions. Waste of money, but to each their own.

#11 Posted by ZeroCast (1869 posts) -

#12 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -

Why must I have such an unhealthy fancy of jack in the boxes?!

#13 Posted by Slique (129 posts) -

I must have it.

#14 Posted by War_Wolf (3 posts) -

Seems a little overpriced for me.

#15 Posted by EvolutionX0 (413 posts) -

looks great..but i just stick with the game itself.

#16 Posted by LiquidPrince (15950 posts) -

Amazing, but I'm picking this up for PS3, but the 360 jack in the box looks cooler. Maybe I should pick it up for both consoles?

#17 Posted by Xolare (1284 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" Amazing, but I'm picking this up for PS3, but the 360 jack in the box looks cooler. Maybe I should pick it up for both consoles? "
No one seems to be able to read.
#18 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -

i already know a few people getting this. if I was a fan of AC i would be too

#19 Posted by pyroisgod (68 posts) -

Man. This looks awesome. Too bad I don't have to drop $99 for it.

#20 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

Mmm nice idea...I like the Doctor jack in the box myself as its mask looks like the one I bought in Venice.

#21 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I think I might get this for hte Jack in the Box, Sure Brotherhood looks great but my nieice is going to love it.

#22 Posted by Landon (4143 posts) -

Way too much. Looks like a $80 value, not freaking $99.

#23 Posted by guiseppe (2841 posts) -

Awesome. Too bad I probably won't be getting this, since it's multiplayer-focused.

#24 Posted by FritzDude (2263 posts) -

I want a hidden blade and a cape!

#25 Posted by SubwayD (501 posts) -

Pfffrt. No thanks to both a game and the price inflating toot.

Daily contribution to the negativity of the internet. :)

#26 Posted by wrecks (2260 posts) -

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me 30 times...... never again.

#27 Posted by Yummylee (21672 posts) -

That Jack in the box easily warranties a preorder for the limited edition off moi!

#28 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

If all the other things in the box are in correct size the jack in a box will actaully be quite small.

#29 Posted by LiquidPrince (15950 posts) -
@Xolare said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" Amazing, but I'm picking this up for PS3, but the 360 jack in the box looks cooler. Maybe I should pick it up for both consoles? "
No one seems to be able to read. "
Excuse me for misreading.
#30 Posted by DrBeardface (253 posts) -

If anybody gets a Doctor Jack in the box and decides it's too risky to have in the house (because, as everyone knows, they could come to life), just send it over to me, I'll take care of it.

#31 Posted by radioactivez0r (848 posts) -

I have no doubt it won't take a lot of work to find one of these in the spring on clearance.   GOW3 Ultimate was selling for stupid cheap within 3 months or so.

#32 Posted by MiniPato (2741 posts) -

I'm still not convinced that Brotherhood is a legitimate sequel that warrants my $60. But that Jack in the Box looks nice. I also hate it when they include trailers on a bonus disc just to try and pad it out with content. We have internet now, we can watch trailers on youtube or gametrailers.

#33 Posted by DallasTheGamer (154 posts) -

Looks pretty cool actually. But I don't think I will get it. I'm not that much of a Assassins Creed fan.

#34 Edited by AnEternalEnigma (283 posts) -

Anybody who buys stuff like this is a tool.

Usually I see two sides to every argument, but in this case, no. I'm right.

#35 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -
@AnEternalEnigma said:
" Anybody who buys stuff like this is a tool.  Usually I see two sides to every argument, but in this case, no. I'm right. "
Those things could potentially be sold for a higher price later on.
#36 Posted by eloj (497 posts) -

Limited and Collector's editions should always include a free pass to all present and future DLC.

#37 Posted by Bandit_Fox (143 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Can you give an example of when that has happened for video game swag? I'd love to know who's buying this stuff, how much of a margin they're getting off the original (if you were to count the price as original base unit cost plus whatever the collectors fee mark up is) and how well the price matures over time. 

I'm genuinely asking.
#38 Posted by kmerhi (8 posts) -

Jack in the Box for the win - I'm sold.

#39 Posted by m4milo (2 posts) -

I don't understand the appeal for Collector's Editions.

#40 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -
@Bandit_Fox: I'm not quite sure, but usually these kinds of swag lower in price instead of becoming more valuable over time (Master Chief helmet, for example).  But I think there have been a few exceptions in the past.  Not sure if this could be one of them, but that GameStop exclusive jack-in-the box seems that it could sell pretty well on Ebay a few weeks after the release of the game.
#41 Posted by paulwade1984 (478 posts) -

wow. You would have to be a bit of a complete tool to pay $99 for that. Its cardboard junk and making of video's that will be on youtube within minutes.

#42 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

If that is a good quality jack in the box I am definitely down. 

#43 Posted by Jimbo (9815 posts) -

Needs fake wristblades.  Or real wristblades.

#44 Posted by Evilsbane (4619 posts) -

*Eyes go big and round* OOOOHHHH ME WANT the Doctor J!!! But 100 bucks......MMMmmmm DAMMIT my love of money overpowers my love of AC...

#45 Posted by Toxin066 (3288 posts) -

A Jack-in-the-Box? I'm tilting between "sold! and "fuck that."

#46 Edited by Fezz (442 posts) -

That's awesome

#47 Posted by sandweed (157 posts) -

I have way to many collectors editions of whatever, I guess it's the danger of working for a distributor, I usually get them for normal retail price and I'm a sucker for shit like this.

#48 Posted by Kbohls (78 posts) -

Anyone here think that in 10 years time we will all look back on this era of motion controls and collectors editions for everything and think, "What the hell were we thinking?"

Sadly, probably not...

#49 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

That Jack-In-The-Box is pretty awesome, especially the Doctor. 

All-in-all, a pretty nice deal for $99.

#50 Posted by wh1terav3n (659 posts) -

Jack-in-the-box was a good idea. Will I buy this? no.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.