Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

Assassin's Creed is Bananas

anbumakura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

Edited By anbumakura

I finished Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood last night, and man, when people say it has a crazy ending, they are not kidding around.  I'm not going to go into spoilers here, but suffice it to say this series just gets crazier with each new game.  The first Assassin's Creed threw in the twist at the end with the Pieces of Eden and what they can do.  Assassin's Creed II upped the ante significantly with the revelation of Minerva and what all of Ezio's work ended up being for.  Somehow Brotherhood still manages to surpass that craziness with an ending that left me completely waiting for AC3 to come out.  I cannot wait!  Speaking of AC3, the one weird  thing I find about Brotherhood is its name.  Sure it's the continuing adventures of Ezio inside the Animus, but some serious stuff happens for Desmond too, at least as significant in advancing the Desmond story as the past two games were.  If they go and name the next game Assassin's Creed III, I think that might cause some issues.  Naming Brotherhood such makes it seem like it's just an unimportant spin-off that could be skipped.  If you went straight from AC2 to AC3, you would be missing huge story elements that you really need.  I don't know what they should do, but I think they need to come up with a more elegant naming scheme for the series from here out, or many people may overlook this crucial piece of the Assassin's Creed story.

anbumakura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By anbumakura

I finished Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood last night, and man, when people say it has a crazy ending, they are not kidding around.  I'm not going to go into spoilers here, but suffice it to say this series just gets crazier with each new game.  The first Assassin's Creed threw in the twist at the end with the Pieces of Eden and what they can do.  Assassin's Creed II upped the ante significantly with the revelation of Minerva and what all of Ezio's work ended up being for.  Somehow Brotherhood still manages to surpass that craziness with an ending that left me completely waiting for AC3 to come out.  I cannot wait!  Speaking of AC3, the one weird  thing I find about Brotherhood is its name.  Sure it's the continuing adventures of Ezio inside the Animus, but some serious stuff happens for Desmond too, at least as significant in advancing the Desmond story as the past two games were.  If they go and name the next game Assassin's Creed III, I think that might cause some issues.  Naming Brotherhood such makes it seem like it's just an unimportant spin-off that could be skipped.  If you went straight from AC2 to AC3, you would be missing huge story elements that you really need.  I don't know what they should do, but I think they need to come up with a more elegant naming scheme for the series from here out, or many people may overlook this crucial piece of the Assassin's Creed story.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

Man, what makes these games great is just the theories that people come up with to close the gaps. It makes me super excited.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By rjaylee
    @anbumakura: I think it's relatively well known and agreed that this should have been at the very least called Assassin's Creed 2: Brotherhood. Not many agree with me, but I think I wouldn't even have been THAT offended if it was called Assassin's Creed 3. It's a litrle too crazy because of the similarities to AC2, but the insanity of the story almost makes it seem like an AC3 to me.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @heatDrive88 said:

" @anbumakura: I think it's relatively well known and agreed that this should have been at the very least called Assassin's Creed 2: Brotherhood. Not many agree with me, but I think I wouldn't even have been THAT offended if it was called Assassin's Creed 3. It's a litrle too crazy because of the similarities to AC2, but the insanity of the story almost makes it seem like an AC3 to me. "

Well it is a full on sequel so I get where you're coming from. I was actually surprised by the quality of this game. Ubisoft can turn out some quality stuff within a year.
    rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By rjaylee
    @LiquidPrince: Well that's the thing - this game was built so heavily on AC2 from a technical perspective that it's rather crazy to call it AC3 on those terms, and it was largely a reason why they could turn it around so quickly in a year as well. 

But like we've all said, at the very least it should have had the '2' attached to it. Maybe that would have cleaned up some of the market confusion that this was simply an Assassin's Creed multiplayer game, rather than a game that was actually built as a fully-fledged singleplayer campaign with a multiplayer addition.
    anbumakura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By anbumakura
    @dudeglove

@anbumakura said:

" I finished Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood last night, and man, when people say it has a crazy ending, they are not kidding around.  I'm not going to go into spoilers here, but suffice it to say this series just gets crazier with each new game.  The first Assassin's Creed threw in the twist at the end with the Pieces of Eden and what they can do.  Assassin's Creed II upped the ante significantly with the revelation of Minerva and what all of Ezio's work ended up being for.  Somehow Brotherhood still manages to surpass that craziness with an ending that left me completely waiting for AC3 to come out.  I cannot wait!  Speaking of AC3, the one weird  thing I find about Brotherhood is its name.  Sure it's the continuing adventures of Ezio inside the Animus, but some serious stuff happens for Desmond too, at least as significant in advancing the Desmond story as the past two games were.  If they go and name the next game Assassin's Creed III, I think that might cause some issues.  Naming Brotherhood such makes it seem like it's just an unimportant spin-off that could be skipped.  If you went straight from AC2 to AC3, you would be missing huge story elements that you really need.  I don't know what they should do, but I think they need to come up with a more elegant naming scheme for the series from here out, or many people may overlook this crucial piece of the Assassin's Creed story. "

Not really that bananas. Instead of succumbing to the horrific trend of 'gritty realism/brownish FPSness', Assassin's Creed sticks to its nonsensical pseudo-scientific guns and emerges all the better for it. The plot might come off as wacky (well, it does), but it's consistent and at no point does it feel overcooked (which is where immersion really lies, not in much-vaunted realistic surroundings, but in a constant, strong narrative). It helped immensely that they fleshed out the characters outside the animus, as well as Ezio himself (see the Cristina side missions).

Oh and God forbid anyone should name a sequel to a game that doesn't have a number in it.
    I didn't mean bananas in a bad way at all. I love how crazy it is, it's one of my favorite thIngs about the series. I think you also missed my point about the name. I have nothIng against calling the game Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood except that it makes it seem like something inessential to the story when they inevitably call the next one Assassin's Creed III. I have absolutely nothing against game sequels without numbers.  I actually think it's a lot more interesting. 

@heatDrive88 that's about what I was thinking. It's an essential part of the overall story.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.