Cristina

#1 Posted by Angie_981 (118 posts) -

I can't help but wonder why ubisoft even bothered with the whole Cristina story...to just let her die like that..and give no hint about ezio's bloodline ..
#2 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

I figured Caterina Sforza would be the person to continue the line with Ezio. I mean, at the start of the game they hooked up, then she takes off sort of inexplicably. I smell DLC...or something to do with her.

#3 Posted by ChromaticPanther (66 posts) -
@Burns098356GX: 
Caterina Sforza never went back to Rome after she was imprisoned by the Borgia. She went back to Florence and lived a quiet life and then died of pneumonia 8 years later... I suppose that is enough time for her to have raised Ezio's children. Except in the game she tells Ezio their rendezvous was only to ensure his allegiance to Forli and the fact that when Desmond asks about her the English dude says she went back to Florence and died... I doubt she'll return to the series.
#4 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -
@ChromaticPanther: Ya but why have any of that in the game at all then? Just seemed fishy to me to bring back that character and have the connection between the two if there wasnt any intent on developing it further.
#5 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@Angie_981: It's to show Ezio has loved and lost. It adds to his grizzled nature.

@Burns098356GX: She had to come back. Her mouth was too awesomely foul to not use again.
#6 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

They said that there were repressed memories that Desmond might experince and never knew about. The Crisitinia mission were those repress memories that Desmond should have experinced in ACII.

#7 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

So is he seeing ladies that just remind him of Cristina? Or is is the environment that triggers the memories once he's ready to deal with them?

#8 Posted by OneAndOnlyBigE (447 posts) -
@MrKlorox: They just pop up randomly. 
#9 Posted by heatDrive88 (2403 posts) -

I don't know about you, but I saw her as a pretty throw-away character to begin with. Ezio always struck me as a man-slut who will pretty much bed any woman either way.

#10 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@OneAndOnlyBigE said:
" @MrKlorox: They just pop up randomly.  "
I meant how they explain it within the narrative.
#11 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" @OneAndOnlyBigE said:
I meant how they explain it within the narrative. "
It is either when you are past a percent completion, such has 25%, 50%, and 75%, they pop up in the map as a broken heart then you walk up to a lady who is not Christina and starts a memory sequence. Its either percent completed in the world or completing story missions that starts them
#12 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@Dany said:

" then you walk up to a lady who is not Christina and starts a memory sequence "

So there is a lady there that reminds Ezio of Cristina, and it's not just a hallucination of a person (similar to Desmond's "bleeding effect")?
#13 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" @Dany said:

" then you walk up to a lady who is not Christina and starts a memory sequence "

So there is a lady there that reminds Ezio of Cristina, and it's not just a hallucination of a person (similar to Desmond's "bleeding effect")? "
Yeah, the same lady every time
#14 Posted by Baillie (4281 posts) -
@MrKlorox: I was never too sure of the reasons for him to get these memory, either. When you go up to the woman, it is Cristina. I just think it was a bleeding effect... Or maybe just a hot girl? It never gets explained which I was a bit confused over. 

OH WELL.
#15 Posted by LiquidPrince (16170 posts) -
@OneAndOnlyBigE said:
No they don't. You have to complete certain milestones. Some are tied to the sequences, and some are tied side missions completed.
#16 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

It's a story about lost love, something I don't expect alot of ppl to understand here.

#17 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Also is it Desmond remembering Cristina? Or is it Desmond remembering Ezio remembering Cristina? Does Desmond feel Ezio's sorrow or just witness it?

Fucking Inception.

#18 Posted by christ0phe (946 posts) -
@heatDrive88: Well clearly they are trying to show you he is capable of love and affection.  Maybe this side has disappeared since the loss of Cristina.
#19 Posted by BBQBram (2291 posts) -

There is more emotional resonance in those sequences than in the rest of the entire story of Brotherhood. I for one loved them. I also think it's Ezio seeing a girl that reminds him of Cristina and thus having the repressed memory come up. I kind of makes sense that when following the genome's memory imprints chronologically the ones Ezio actively repressed from his consciousness won't appear, but later in his life Ezio can't help remembering those experiences, in an associative context. 

The whole thing reeks of synchronicity as well, just like the Minerva thing at the end of AC2. There's a lot of occult stuff in this story, but the bleeding effect and the self-fulfilling prophecy aspect of the story specifically bring Jungian themes to mind.

It's nice to see these games making me think about something else besides just stabbing dudes.

#20 Posted by Angie_981 (118 posts) -
@MrKlorox:
it depends on your sync with ezio the more sync you get the more cristina memories you unlock
#21 Posted by Angie_981 (118 posts) -
@Dany:
I knew that it had something to do with your sync and when you said "25%, 50%, and 75% it made me wonder..what happens when you reach 100% sync?does ANOTHER christina memory appear on the map?  
guys does anyone have 100% sync with Ezio?  my total sync is only in the 90%... 
although the little diamond on top of  the cristina memory on  DNA string is already full meaning the whole memory complete  ...I'm so hoping that there's something more to it , I just don't wanna think that they want to show us that ezio was capable of love and affection and lost love...how gay...
#22 Posted by dudeglove (8274 posts) -
@Angie_981 said:

" I can't help but wonder why ubisoft even bothered with the whole Cristina story...to just let her die like that..and give no hint about ezio's bloodline .. "

They flesh out Ezio's character significantly (why do you think Ezio has a beard of sorrow?), and give closure to certain events in ACII, such as what happens to the bodies of Ezio's brothers and father and the reason Pazzi whatshisface hates Ezio's guts.

If you unlocked the Firenze family tomb in Monteriggioni via uplay in ACII, as well as read all the codex pages, you get a pretty clear picture as to the link between Altair and the Firenzes.
#23 Posted by MachoFantastico (4889 posts) -

I actually enjoyed those segments, they were just another part of Ezio's story. I disagree that Ezio appeared to be the sort of dude that sleeps with every gal he meets, that's my opinion anyway. I get why some folks didn't really see the point of them, they were flawed and felt a tad rushed (as if they hadn't been implemented correctly) but I enjoyed the small side tale. 

#24 Posted by Angie_981 (118 posts) -
@TrueEnglishGent: I'm totally fine with ezio being a don giovanni.
@dudeglove:
I haven't been able to unlock ANYTHING on ugay,I have 90 units that I can't use,I can only update my profile, replay videos and check out hints walkthroughs and thats it,can't shop or share ,can anybody else do that?
I know that people have been unlocking the cripta auditore but ugay didn't let me back then either.  
I read all the codex and I know about the link from altair to ezio but I was wondering about the link from EZIO TO DESMOND... 
I think that AC :lost legacy might clarify the link between altair and ezio even more since ezio gets to travel to Masyaf and discover the origins of the assassins order...
#25 Posted by hermes (1606 posts) -

I liked those missions... They gave some personality and added tragedy to Ezio, who at that point is more like the average videogame badass...

#26 Posted by hermes (1606 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" @OneAndOnlyBigE said:
No they don't. You have to complete certain milestones. Some are tied to the sequences, and some are tied side missions completed. "

Do you know where I can find that information? Which side missions do I have to complete? 
I completed the game and I am about half way synch, yet there are 2 cristina missions I can't access.
#27 Posted by MancombSeepgood (347 posts) -
@BBQBram said:
" It's nice to see these games making me think about something else besides just stabbing dudes. "

That's what I love about this series. I personally think AC has one of the best stories going in video games right now.

In relation to the topic itself, I think the Cristina missions were great. They were sometimes a bit short and shallow but they showed that Ezio isn't all gruff like he seems to be. It almost humanizes him. I first saw him to be some sort of womanizer of sorts, but it turns out that he has actually been in love. It was nice...

As for the bloodline, I don't think it's really important how the bloodline gets continued. It obviously does, and that's all we really need to know.

#28 Posted by OneAndOnlyBigE (447 posts) -
@hermes: Likewise, I'm at 55% sync and would like to know at what point the other missions are unlocked, if anyone knows.
#29 Posted by Gabriel (4081 posts) -
@BBQBram said:
" There is more emotional resonance in those sequences than in the rest of the entire story of Brotherhood. I for one loved them. 
The most emotional part of those missions was where you had to cut down your family and bury them not really anything to do with Christina per say.
#30 Posted by austicious (7 posts) -
@hermes said:
"

I liked those missions... They gave some personality and added tragedy to Ezio, who at that point is more like the average videogame badass...

"
Definitely.  They added a lot to the otherwise vanilla character of Ezio.  

It's frustrating that in the final sequence, she dies so abruptly.  They did such a good job of fleshing out this side story, this last sequence feels like it was written by some random dude who had nothing to do with the story of the other memories prior.  It makes sense in the canon, but there' s no heart in that sequence.  Even gamplay-wise, it should have been the pinnacle of that side story, but no, you rush 4 baddies and slaughter them (pretty easily) and the story is over.   Bummer.
#31 Posted by Sean2206 (258 posts) -
These sequences seem to be used to show Ezio's more affectionate side as previous posters have said but also just how much he had to give up in his search for revenge. If I remember correctly some of these are based on scenes from the novelization of assassins creed 2. I'm pretty sure at least the Pazzi and Carnevale sequences were based on the scenes from the novel. Although the final sequence was not based on the book as in the book Ezio is simply told of Cristinaa's death rather than dieing in Ezio's arms. Ubisoft also stated at one point that fans thought Cristina was underused for someone so important to Ezio.  

@hermes:

The Cristina memories are unlocked at 15%, 30%, 45%, 60% and 75% synchronisation with Ezio.
#32 Posted by dragonzord (823 posts) -

I'd probably be more into it if it wasn't for the scene where she doesn't know it's him. 

Ever since AC2 really, the series is kind of hard not to laugh at. Look at Altair, he looks like a monk from a distance. Ezio looks like Ezio from 50 miles away, no one in Rome looks even REMOTELY similar to him.

#33 Posted by OneAndOnlyBigE (447 posts) -
@Sean2206: Thanks for the sync % info, very helpful.
#34 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

Cristina can't be desmond's ancestor, though. The moment Ezio busts a nut inside the girl who is Desmond's ancestor, is the moment the animus should theoretically stop being able to record Ezio's memories. 

Seeing how Desmond saw Ezio as an old man at the start of brotherhood, Ima guess he was still suave in his older years:P

#35 Posted by Sean2206 (258 posts) -

Sorry if I've missed something important here but why when the child is conceived would the animus stop showing Ezios memories ?
#36 Posted by Gaff (1882 posts) -
@Sean2206 The Animus reads data recorded in the DNA. Unless Ezio updates his DNA in his offspring, all data would be fixed up to the point of conception. It like trying to write something on an already written CD-R.

Also, yuck, I think I made myself sick.
#37 Posted by Sean2206 (258 posts) -

Oh I get it now thanks.
#38 Posted by Roger778 (960 posts) -

I loved the Cristina memories.  It showed that Ezio is not just the killer that he grows up to be, and I felt his pain when Cristina was killed by those bandits.

#39 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -

Oh damn you and your egregious spoilers!

#40 Posted by _SubZero_ (48 posts) -

Wait which Cristina are you guys talking about their is a dark haired one and a red haired one are they both the same people?

#41 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4284 posts) -

necropost

i finished those missions last night and you really do feel for Ezio...  its too bad that they didnt get back together and she just died like that

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.