Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

How do I use the apple?

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AuthenticM

How do I use the apple of Eden? The game tells me to hold square to use it. When I do it releases some kind of yellow shockwave that doesn't seem do to anything. It seems to be killing people at random. I currently need to kill 5 guards and I cannot get the last one to die. What the fuck? Couldn't they have bothered to fucking explain how it worked? Christ. Please help.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

Hold the button down until all of your health dissipates, and everyone around you will drop dead. It's not rocket science (but it is ancient magic).

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By LordXavierBritish

I didn't even know you Apple was an item you could use in game. 

Great.

NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By NickLott

The apple will also make enemies start attacking each other.  

This was probably the worst part of of the game. It was meant to be empowering but I just felt like I had handcuffs on.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By AuthenticM
    @TooWalrus: Ok I figured it out. At the start of the charge the apple emits a yellow shockwave that, when released, will make the guards attack each other. However, if you hold down the button a little longer, a white shockwave is emitted that kills guards. :sigh: 

The game could have explained it better.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Dany
    @AuthenticM
    @TooWalrus: Ok I figured it out. At the start of the charge the apple emits a yellow shockwave that, when released, will make the guards attack each other. However, if you hold down the button a little longer, a white shockwave is emitted that kills guards. :sigh: 

The game could have explained it better.
    Yeah, that part kinda sucks, would have preferred to use weapons but that would have defeated the purpose of usings it's awesome power
    Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Jedted
    @AuthenticM said:
    "The game could have explained it better. "

They do, in the in-game manual.  Although i must've spent an hour on that first mission where you need to kill the guards before i actually read it and figured out the 2nd wave thing. 

That whole section is pretty silly but it's fun when you turn on the 'buns of steel' cheat which enables you to just keep spamming it. :) 
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Bouke

I think it says "use apple" with the key assigned to it on screen, doesn't it?  

Ohw right; i was just gathering all the guards arround me then use the apple and keep holding the button until you have no health left (i think it stops) Ezio drops to the ground most of the guards get killed and when you get up; run around until your health replenishes. Then just do it again; pretty straight forward. 

Is the title a spoiler?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.