Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

I'm playing the Multiplayer Beta - Let me tell you about it

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Grissefar

So far It's pretty fun even though I suck at it. I've just finished a couple of games and it's great to be stealthy. A surprise kill is worth over 300 points while a standard kill only gives you 100. There's a strange pace to the game that I don't understand yet. You want to close in on your target but you don't want to be noticed, but you don't want your stalker to catch you either. It also depends on the map. In Rome, everbody is running in the streets and on the roofs but at the indoor carnivale at the palace, people act more like NPC's. It's definately most fun when everybody is not running around like monkeys but instead try to blend into the crowd. It's feels good to be walking down the street, spot your target, walk calmly toward him and ice him before he even knew you were there. When running from your stalkers you can also earn points for escaping them by running out of his sight and hide in a haystack or a crowd.

On the graphics side it seem prettier and more detailed than AC 2.

It seems Ubisoft has learned a thing or two from MW2 because you can tweak your setup with 2 abilities, 2 perks, a killstreak and a deathstreak, which you unlock by leveling up. I have no idea what perks are but I can see the choices you have for Ability 1:  Disguise, Sprint Boost, Smoke Bomb, Hidden Gun, Morph and Poison. I can't see what's with Ability 2. Killstreaks seem boring: +100 points for a 3 kill streak and also a +300 points. There are also only 2 Deathstreaks: Extra sensitivity and Reset Cooldowns. I hope they add a little more than that in the full game. They've also learned from the points system of MW2. There's a ton of bonuses added to your kills and escapes depending on whether it was completely unnoticed, acrobatic, revenge kill etc.

TL;DR: Cool game bro.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

Doesn't the beta start on the 4th?

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Grissefar
    @Guywhodeletedhismessage said:
    " Isn't there an NDA? "
    Heck no.

@CL60 said:
    " Doesn't the beta start on the 4th? "
    Heck no.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CL60
    @Grissefar said:
    " @Guywhodeletedhismessage said:
    " Isn't there an NDA? "
    Heck no.

@CL60 said:
    Heck no. "
    A video just went up today that says "Multiplayer Beta starts Oct. 4th."
    Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Grissefar
    @CL60 said:
    " @Grissefar said:
    " @Guywhodeletedhismessage said:
    " Isn't there an NDA? "
    Heck no.

@CL60 said:
    Heck no. "
    A video just went up today that says "Multiplayer Beta starts Oct. 4th." "
    Don't believe everything you see in the new trailers.
    Dejkrigeren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Dejkrigeren

Is Jeff Bridges in it?

Mustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mustard

does-a dis game, ave the multi-playar?

allprox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By allprox

I just finished playing a few matches myself and I did okay, stabbed a few dudes like uh uh uh, but I don't think that it really works all that well. As the OP said it has a weird pace where all you want to do is chase your target but you don't want to stand out from the clones/crowd and you don't want your pursuer catching up with you. There are several characters to choose from before going into a match to have as your main dude (like the doctors with the nose masks and the courtesans and whoever else) and everyone of those character models is used as a basic NPC. So you end up with what looks like about a hundred identical looking people just walking around the street randomly killing each other. It's weird. But what I found is that even if you try to blend in with the crowd and remain inconspicuous, your pursuer will just creep up on you and kill you even if you are surrounded by people who look identical to you.

And this is where the flaw lies for me. Everyone is given a target to assassinate as soon as you spawn (sometimes multiple people have the same target iirc) and you are given a compass like thing pointing directly towards where they are, it expands and contracts depending on how close or far away they are and it will also tell you if they are above or below you. I think it removes any of the stealth aspects that you would otherwise try to use to avoid them because they always know where you are. What's the point of blending in with the crowd if the guy you are hiding from has an arrow pointing directly at you the entire time?

I was also annoyed  that I couldn't kill any of the other assassins that I saw running around. if I see some guy jumps off a roof and stabs a guy in the neck, I'm going to want to kill him as soon as possible aren't I. I could be next. I mean he just murdered somebody right in front of me and your gonna sit there and tell me that I can't stab him even a little bit. FUCK THAT.  And I don't know if it's because I couldn't pull it off or not but I wasn't able to kill my pursuer or defend from his attack even though it was obvious that it was him who was trying to killl me and what type of attack he was going to attempt. I was left helpless.

You can also get a weird AvP thing going on where you assassinate your target but by the time you've done that your pursuer has caught up and is ready to slice you up good and proper. It also seems easy enough to kill your target. All you have to do is run up and hit square and insta-death, as far as I could tell there isn't much you can do against your pursuer but just run away.

The premise is a neat idea but in its current implementation I don't think it works that well at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Dejkrigeren said:
    " Is Jeff Bridges in it? "
    I think this is the question we all want to know the answer to. 

A bunch of random ass civilians as Jeff Bridges would be awesome.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By mikemcn
    @InfamousBIG said:
    " @Dejkrigeren said:
    " Is Jeff Bridges in it? "
    I think this is the question we all want to know the answer to.  A bunch of random ass civilians as Jeff Bridges would be awesome. "
    Does it come with a Daft Punk CD?
    Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Damian
    This guy's videos of the beta: 

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sarkhan

I for one, love it. reached the max lvl cap for the beta last night(20 in beta, 50 in full game) and it get's more and more awsome the more you unlock. Yes, it is a strage pace to the game. If you'r used to the run and gun game(who arn't?) then it takes a few hours to get down to the rythem. There are many ppl who just run all over, trying to get the target as fast as possible. But those generaly go way low on the score list. 

And as many have raged on while playing, is that they cant do anything when they see the 1 who is gonna kill you miles away. Well, i raged abit myself in the starting hours, but then i found out how. Just target/lock to the guy, and when he gets close you just press the O button. ONLY when it appears over his head. Not before, nor after.  

And with the abilities you unlock, you can get more sneaky each lvl. I use morph and smokebomb. Morph for changing 3-5 guys in 6-8 feet radius to your skin. Then walk along or blend in chat,share bench, whatever. And if you still dont have the hang of stun(o button) then pop the smokebomb when your assassin get's close, and knock him down. 

I would love to wright alot about this beta and its sneaky tricks. But my english typing is awful so it wouldjust be a mess. 

But i'll close this by saying that i think this will be a awsome addition to the AC family and if you can learn the sneaky game, have patience and ge into the rythm, then you will love it :)
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Vorbis

I downloaded the beta after the live show on Friday and have to say it's alot of fun, it can be very tense. But there's a few issues I have with it that might stop me from picking it up at launch.

My biggest issue are runners, when someone just sprints at their target all the time it means everyone else starts to run, then the game turns into a mess and the worst part is they never get enough points for it but they still do it. I almost wish high profile kills gave no points unless detected first, having someone sprint at you while you're stalking your target is very annoying, the mode would be so much more fun without sprinters. Maybe they will disappear when people realise they keep losing. Constant climbers are just as bad.

Another issue is the radar, it gets bigger and bigger as you approach someone and goes full circle when you're very very close, by the time this happens there's very little guess work as to who your target is (unless they're stood next to a copy). Making the radar go wider before it's too obvious would lead to more mistaken civilian kills, as it stands that only happens due to abilities or bad targetting. I kind of hope there's a mode with smaller maps and no radar, would love that.

My last worry is that it won't stay popular long enough, it's not a mode that will attract the typical multiplayer crowd so how long will people stay interested? some other modes might be needed to keep people on it, co-op always brings in alot of people. But I guess all the unlocks will help along with online achievements/trophies, hoping there will be at least some character customization, stuff like colour and armour pieces, aslong as they also give the same treatment to the copies it shouldn't conflict with the gameplay.

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out anyway, it's early yet and seems fun. Oh yeah, pre-order bonus characters when there's only 9 available? dick move.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14  Edited By aurahack

Love the presentation.

Kind of hating everything else. Looks way not fun and totally not relating to anything I care about regarding the AC story.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.