Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

Joining a game

Avatar image for thedeadcomedian
    TheDeadComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TheDeadComedian

Yesterday i got in like 8 back to back games with friends, but I can't seem to start any games now. It keeps saying waiting for Abstergo agents when we already have enough, and then people drop out. Is this happening to anyone else?

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DougQuaid

Are you using the quick play option or searching for a specific game type?  I haven't had any problems with the game not being able to start, but it does seem to take a bit to get a match going.

TheDeadComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheDeadComedian
    @DougQuaid: I search for wanted. I like free for all, but I've done both ranked and player. I've been on the dame loading screen for 10 minutes now with people dropping in and out
    Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Arbie

I had it for awhile. Then the server wasn't working and now that it is again I'm not having too many problems. I'm searching for a specific game type (manhunt) atm.

TheDeadComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheDeadComedian

Stil no join, this is ridiculous

OldMainstream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By OldMainstream

Same here. I consistently have the game hanging on "waiting for abstergo agents" for several minutes at a time. I hope this is something that Ubi is noticing and is able to fix, either through their servers or a patch to the game.

blake_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By blake_brown

yeah, for the last two days i have not been able to join a game.  i get to the "waiting for abstergo agents" screen and that's it.

punchkick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By punchkick

I know this thread is a couple days old, but I'm still seeing this problem (hanging at "Waiting for Abstergo Agents" and never starting the game)  Anyone else having problems, or know what the issue is?

CptPanda29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CptPanda29

Generally if it doesn't choose a map after 6 join, it isn't going to work. Just go back to the menu and try again.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Sackmanjones

Dont ask me what time zone but they said this morning around 7 they were doing sever maintenence to fix all this stuff

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#11  Edited By TheMasterDS

So that Multiplayer Beta then? I guess it was just a glorified demo, and didn't help them sort out their shit. It's a shame, because I do think the game is cool, but it needs to be better about getting me into a game. 

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bwmcmaste
    @punchkick said:
    " I know this thread is a couple days old, but I'm still seeing this problem (hanging at "Waiting for Abstergo Agents" and never starting the game)  Anyone else having problems, or know what the issue is? "
    This is a problem that is endemic to the multiplayer mode of AC:BH, it's not something that you can really "do" anything about though. However, I have noticed that if someone goes "AFK", this generally clogs the game up: since the person isn't joining the game, it will just sit there until they volunteer to leave (since there's no autostart or kick option). It's possible that when you are selecting the "Quick Start" option (as I do) you're actually just perpetually rejoining this same game (with the absent jackass who didn't exit the game). 

That's my theory, but it's likely only one issue amongst the many that appear to have materialized with the game's multiplayer mode.
    DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By DukeTogo

The MP portion of the game has way too many vague mechanics IMO.  A little more information on the joining process, the difference between ranked, player match and quick match, and some of the actual game mechanics like stun and how sometimes a dude leaps at me horizontally from 50 feet away when I have to be up someone's ass to kill them.

The method of being targeted is bullshit as well.  I can understand being hunted by one or more when you're in the top 3, but having multiple people on me when I'm fucking dead last is adding insult to injury.  It must be purely random how it works since I've been number 1 with no one targeting me and number 8 with 3.  The fact that you also get a hunter assigned to you that is right next to you is just as lame.  I can see how just making everything in terms of targeting random makes it easier to balance and harder to exploit, but it also feels like it's a lazy move and ends up making the multiplayer much more based on luck than any kind of skill.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#14  Edited By Timing

So what often happens to me when I try to play this with a friend, is during the searching process we get either get split into separate games, or only he gets in and I'm stuck in the waiting screen for all eternity. This... kind of defeats the purpose of creating a group, doesn't it? And also, it sucks.

Anyway, I was looking forward to partaking in tonight's TNT, but with these problems I'd probably slow everything down terribly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.