Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

Manhunt Strategies

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By EpicSteve

When you're hiding during Manhunt, what are your strategies? Do you attempt to hide and rack up small points? Or do you purposely get yourself seen and try to escape? I don't seem to be doing too well during the defensive segment.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

Ah yes, Manhunt. Definitely my favorite mode. 

At the beginning of the match I usually run into the nearest hay pile to get an early lead. After getting a few points there, I join up with a group of people standing around and I morph. Usually it takes quite a few seconds before a pursuer gets to me. When they approach the circle, I drop a smoke bomb, stun them, and run away to join another group. I basically just repeat that process throughout the round.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By kingzetta

find a good hiding spot and stay there as long as possible. 
    trying to escape will either limit their points or gain them much more, depending on your escaping skills.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By EpicSteve
    @natetodamax said:
    " Ah yes, Manhunt. Definitely my favorite mode.  At the beginning of the match I usually run into the nearest hay pile to get an early lead. After getting a few points there, I join up with a group of people standing around and I morph. Usually it takes quite a few seconds before a pursuer gets to me. When they approach the circle, I drop a smoke bomb, stun them, and run away to join another group. I basically just repeat that process throughout the round. "
    I always get killed when I get stunned, but if I never go offensive I don't rack up enough points to win. It's like I'm fucked either way.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By natetodamax
    @EpicSteve said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " Ah yes, Manhunt. Definitely my favorite mode.  At the beginning of the match I usually run into the nearest hay pile to get an early lead. After getting a few points there, I join up with a group of people standing around and I morph. Usually it takes quite a few seconds before a pursuer gets to me. When they approach the circle, I drop a smoke bomb, stun them, and run away to join another group. I basically just repeat that process throughout the round. "
    I always get killed when I get stunned, but if I never go offensive I don't rack up enough points to win. It's like I'm fucked either way. "
    If you see more than 1 pursuer milling around your group, it would be wise to just drop the smoke bomb and get out of the area.
    project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By project343

Key abilities: morph (without blender) / disguise (with blender), and smoke bomb. When possible, stick with your group. 60 points every 3 seconds (multiplied by 4 for team score) is A LOT. Also, always go for a stun if a group member dies around you---assuming you can approve the target without being painfully obvious. If they catch you trying to stun, they might just stab you in the face.

Pay a lot of attention if:  
    - the persona is walking toward you directly 
    - the persona does not meld with a group the same way AI does (pay attention to how AI merges with groups--it's very distinctly AI-like)  

Smoke bomb if: 
    - the person uses Templar's Vision in your sight and enters your space; remember that it's always better to use it too early than too late 
    - the non-AI-like group merger would have gained focus/almost gained focus

Run if: 
    - the person is above you on a ledge; if they look ready to attack, that means they used Templar's Vision around a corner to spot you 

From what I understand, disguise is a wonderful tool once you get the blender perk. It wipes a lock--which is the most important thing to do when escaping. In my experience, smoke bomb is a much stronger tool than mute. Yes, mute is less obvious, but distant pursuers can be avoided. The pursuers who are right in your face will almost always successfully stab in an assassination/mute duel.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By ZombiePie

I'm a smoke bomb and stun fan.

ClamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By ClamFTW

If you're playing with friends, try to hide in a group, as you'll get more points for sticking together, at least early in the match.  Defense is all about keeping the score as close as possible until the round ends, then pour on the offense for an easy win

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Maybe you should take a little looksie here?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.