Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

Multiplayer is broken.

puaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By puaru

So I've been playing the game for a week now, and my experience has went from loving it to death to just scratching my head and wondering what the hell Ubisoft was thinking. First of all, the matchmaking is totally broken if you try to play with a friend. It seriously takes me and a friend anywhere from 3-10 minutes to actually get into one, as the match making system likes to put us into two seperate games (even though we were in the same lobby), and it becomes even more frustrating when we try to add in another friend.

Secondly, the abilities ruin the game. That first night, release night, it was an absolute blast. Me and my friend were having a blast hunting people, trying to figure out who was real just based on behavior and such. Now that everyone has abilities, and those abilities recharge so damn fast, any crowd I morph just gets scouted out with a fast templar or a stupid firecracker. Sure, I can drop a smoke, but half the time they seem to be able to just leap through it regardless. I would love a game type that just took out all the perks and abilities, or if not that, make abilities like Templar Vision consist of a set amount of charges as opposed to having it on such a short cooldown. Another problem with these abilities is that higher level characters have such an overwhelming advantage over lower levels.  In Call of Duty, the game Ubisoft is clearly emulating, a lower level player can still do just fine against someone that is at whatever the max level is in that particular game. In this, when me (lvl 31) and my buddy (high 20's) play with our other friend who got the game a few days later, he is pretty much totally useless. He can't morph a crowd by himself, he can't reveal true targets with smoke or Templar Vision, all he can do is just chase.

Sorry to go on such a rant, but this is so infuriating for me, because the first two night I played I can't remember the last time I had so much fun, and now the game is quickly becoming very boring/frustrating.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By OmegaPirate

Sounds like it could do with a 'barebones' no abilities pure hide and kill mode - hopefully ubisoft can make a playlist or mode based around that - tis a shame because even though the concept of the multiplayer is not original in itself it seems to be the first implementation of the style that A) makes sense and B) actually works

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Cloudenvy

I love the multiplayer, the matchmaking has been slow at points but nothing frustrating for me. 

Sorry to hear that you don't like it.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Chop

I like the online when I can actually get into a match...

The matchmaking is severely broken for me. It takes me at least 20 minutes to find a game. It's fucking ridiculous that I can't play a significant portion of the game I payed for.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Arbie

I agree about the matchmaking. Me and my boyfriend gave up on trying to join a game together which was pretty disappointing. =[

As for lower levels not having as much of an advantage due to higher levels with ability perks; although I can understand your point I still feel they have a good enough shot at killing their targets. 

Oh, and I find smoke totally useless since like you say, people seem to be able to fly through it anyway!

eristocrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By eristocrat

I disagree with that lower level people are worthless against leveled up people, I'm level 18 and I score better in rounds than level 40 people do all the time.  Obviously there are some abilities that they have and I don't, but nothing that I find overwhelming as long as you're playing smart.

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OneAndOnlyBigE
    @Erzs said:
    " I agree about the matchmaking. Me and my boyfriend gave up on trying to join a game together which was pretty disappointing. =[  

Perhaps that says something about your relationship that you wanted to stab one another REALLY badly ;-)
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By scarace360

Seems ok.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Arbie
    @OneAndOnlyBigE: Oh ho! Looks like you worked out our true intents! =p However, it was alliance I was more inclined to try with him!
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Vorbis

I find it the other way round. At the start everyone was just sprinting around and jumping up buildings, not caring about being stealthy, they just wanted to kill anything even if it meant 100 per kill. At the higher levels it's rare to see someone doing anything other than walk, everyone is being methodical and trying to trick their followers. If anything the abilities have made the game better, yes maybe once a game someone will see through your morph, but there are still 3-4 who will kill a civilian. Also you don't need an abilitiy to hide in a crowd and get a 600pt kill as someone walks past, the reason low levels don't do so well is they don't know the game, it takes a while before you know when to attack and when to wait. 

But yeah matchmaking can be annoying sometimes.

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bwmcmaste
    @Eristocrat said:
    " I disagree with that lower level people are worthless against leveled up people, I'm level 18 and I score better in rounds than level 40 people do all the time.  Obviously there are some abilities that they have and I don't, but nothing that I find overwhelming as long as you're playing smart. "
    I absolutely concur with this. Once I attained the smoke bomb, there was no disadvantage to being a lower level than other players. 

The matchmaking and game joining system is definitely broken though, it is unfortunate that Ubi didn't include an autojoin or kick feature in the pre-game lobby. 
    02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By 02sfraser

Well so far I haven't experience any of those issues. I haven't tested playing with a friend to be fair but both myself and my flatmate are having a great time running around trying to assassinate people. High level or not. More game modes such as a no abilities mode would be good though. I'm looking forward to see how it will develop

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OneAndOnlyBigE
    @Erzs: Well shit, there goes my theory.  I haven't played any of the other modes besides Wanted.
    thecool84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thecool84

The multi-player is broken compared to Modern Warfare 2's highly polished MP. 

Troll Face jpg.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Marcsman

The Perks etc. are just fine. However 
    1. The matchmaking does suck. You should not have to wait 10 minutes for a match 
    2. The freezing on online play has gotten horrible 
    Other than those two gripes it is a GREAT game
    Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Arbie
    @OneAndOnlyBigE:  Wanted is probably be the best, followed by Manhunt, and lastly Alliance. I'm yet to play Advanced Wanted!
    bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bwmcmaste
    @swoxx said:
    " tl;dr "  
    Please don't post any more replies like this, it's deprecating to the other users on these forums.
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cloudenvy
    @Marcsman said:
     2. The freezing on online play has gotten horrible.  

I've never experienced that, and hopefully I won't.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.