No reviews are up for this game?

• 51 results
#1 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I've gone to gamespot, ign, here, joystiq and kotaku. I even went over to metacritic but no reviews are posted, why is that?

#2 Posted by DarkHeroZark (175 posts) -

Maybe Ubisoft forgot to send review copies, those jerks.

#3 Posted by Menito (23 posts) -

Very good question, ubisoft must not trust the quality to send out review copies. its why I didnt preorder, that and the lead develepoer leaving before it was finished! all bad signs but it might be good!

#4 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -

Perhaps they need to play around with the multiplayer?

#5 Posted by Timing (618 posts) -

I think the embargo is lifted in about 1 minute.

#6 Posted by yevinorion (691 posts) -

Wondering the same thing myself. There's only one from Game Informer on Metacritic and a google search reveals a 92% from some Italian magazine. Hopefully they start trickling in throughout the day. Not that it's really important what the score is, I just want to read about the game since i can't get my hands on it til tomorrow night.

#7 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@yevinorion said:
" Wondering the same thing myself. There's only one from Game Informer on Metacritic and a google search reveals a 92% from some Italian magazine. Hopefully they start trickling in throughout the day. Not that it's really important what the score is, I just want to read about the game since i can't get my hands on it til tomorrow night. "
I can't get a hold of until next tuesday :( 

@VWGTI said:
" Perhaps they need to play around with the multiplayer? "
I know gamespot rarely posts day one reviews and wait a day or so to se ehow the multiplayer actually stacks up in real life settings@Timing said:
" I think the embargo is lifted in about 1 minute. "
Great, can't wait!
#8 Posted by NTM (7263 posts) -

I was wondering the same thing. Then I thought to myself "Wait... is this game coming out today?." It kind of catches me off gaurd.
#9 Posted by Timing (618 posts) -
#10 Posted by oatz (1103 posts) -
#11 Edited by xMrSunshine (360 posts) -

http://www.destructoid.com/review-assassin-s-creed-brotherhood-187876.phtml

Destructoid has one.

#12 Edited by DarkHeroZark (175 posts) -

JoyStiq's is up. 4.5

#13 Posted by litrock (173 posts) -

Ryan Davis quick review: 
http://twitter.com/taswell/statuses/4580166151962624

embargo's up: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is motherfucking awesome. We've got a Quick Look coming soon, gotta play retail MP before review.

#14 Posted by Lukeweizer (2606 posts) -

Ryan just tweeted that it's "Motherfuckingawesome, have to play retail MP before review." So there.

#15 Edited by CharleyTony (923 posts) -

there was a review on destructoid but they never posted it on the site, I found it on their rss feed. It is now gone... 

The score was 95% and I could read the whole review, which was pretty long. I could not see who wrote the review but I guess is it safe to say that it wasn't Jim Sterling since he has always hated those games. 

edit: embargo is up now 
review on destructoid is up also 
I think that game critics could play the single player before the embargo, but the multi player was not available which would explain why some places wont post a review on launch day. They don't want to judge tu online portion from the beta only, which is normal.

#16 Posted by MattyFTM (14340 posts) -

With the game having such a multiplayer focus, most places will want to test the multiplayer out post-release.

#17 Posted by Walreese55 (499 posts) -
@CharleyTony said:
" there was a review on destructoid but they never posted it on the site, I found it on their rss feed. It is now gone...  The score was 95% and I could read the whole review, which was pretty long. I could not see who wrote the review but I guess is it safe to say that it wasn't Jim Sterling since he has always hated those games. "
I still remember when he gave Deadly Premonition a 10/10, only because he fucking hated Heavy Rain.
#18 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

well fuck, guess i posted this 20 minutes early

#19 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

Hm, maybe I should have picked it up yesterday.

#20 Posted by OneAndOnlyBigE (438 posts) -

Kotaku as well
 http://kotaku.com/5690186/review-assassins-creed-brotherhood-is-the-best-assassins-creed

#21 Posted by CharleyTony (923 posts) -
@brainboy77 said:
" @CharleyTony said:
" there was a review on destructoid but they never posted it on the site, I found it on their rss feed. It is now gone...  The score was 95% and I could read the whole review, which was pretty long. I could not see who wrote the review but I guess is it safe to say that it wasn't Jim Sterling since he has always hated those games. "
I still remember when he gave Deadly Premonition a 10/10, only because he fucking hated Heavy Rain. "
actually I have come to believe that he enjoyed Deadly Premonition ... ironically of course ...
#22 Posted by ch3burashka (5004 posts) -

Joystiq posted theirs ten minutes after you created the thread.  

The key word here is "patience".

#23 Posted by Yummylee (21242 posts) -

This game is having praise poured all over it. Might even get a 5 star from GB even, I think.

#24 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -

*head explodes from awesome*

Picking this up for sure! Awesome timing for the post by the way. :)

#25 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@OneAndOnlyBigE: ha, that is a great title. 

Gametrailers semeed really down on it but still gave it a 9
#26 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Fuck. I didn't intend to spend more money but looks like I have to.

#27 Edited by Yummylee (21242 posts) -
Gamespot's given it an 8.5; their Lowest scoring AC game over there. Contrasts with alot of other reviews saying that the assassin recruitment is meaningless. 

EDIT: Woops. Not counting that PSP one, which got like a 5.5 or something.
#28 Posted by ImHungry (376 posts) -

hmm seems like it's doing pretty well review wise, starting to think I should have bet more points on the 5 star call...

#29 Posted by Kelswitch (141 posts) -

Whoa fuck.. 
I just picked up NFS thinking I could skip AC for a week or 2... 
Back to the store tomorrow I guess.

#30 Posted by Rawrnosaurous (768 posts) -

The embargo just lifted and it's being hailed as the best game in the series so far.

#31 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -
@Azteck said:
" Fuck. I didn't intend to spend more money but looks like I have to. "
THIS.
#32 Posted by pbhawks45 (736 posts) -

I read a post from OXM UK a few weeks back. He didn't post an official review, but from the 30 (!!!!!!) hours he had played, he felt like it was the best open world game he'd ever played. 

#33 Posted by JeanLuc (3571 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" This game is having praise poured all over it. Might even get a 5 star from GB even, I think. "
That would cool, but sad at the same time because I bet it would get 4 stars on "I'm calling it".
Not that I don't want the game to be amazing or anything.
#34 Posted by mordukai (7133 posts) -
#35 Posted by KingPossum (236 posts) -

Target is having a Black Friday sale that includes Assassins Creed Brotherhood for either system at $39.99

#36 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -

Well, finally here's an excuse to buy all three games and play them start to finish. 

Yes, I'm ashamed of myself. :(

#37 Posted by hexx462 (506 posts) -

I dug the multi-player A LOT when I tried it at PAX but I never stick with MP in games for too long.  The praise about the single player is reassuring, as I was having second thoughts about my pre order. Sounds like I'll get my moneys worth on this one.

#38 Posted by NTM (7263 posts) -

Now there is. Kind of dissapointing.

#39 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@NTM said:
" Now there is. Kind of dissapointing. "
Ehm.. mind explaining how it's disappointing? It's getting 4/5 and above on almost every site..
#40 Posted by JerichoBlyth (1044 posts) -

Hmmm, this makes you wonder if they started on Brotherhood at the same time as ASS 2 and just kept development flowing rather than taking any breaks whatsoever...what they have achieved in the space of a year is beyond words...it's an achievement really.

P.S - I still hate ASS Creed games lol

#41 Posted by Jimbo (9772 posts) -

I loved both of the AC games and it's probably my favourite new console franchise of this gen, so I'm biased as fuck, but it's seriously impressive to me how well this is being received considering how pessimistic the initial consensus was about another AC game coming out so soon and having multiplayer and etc. etc.  It takes a lot to make people (especially gamers / game reviewers / me) admit that their first thoughts about a game might have been wrong, so well played Ubisofters.

#42 Posted by BBQBram (2200 posts) -

Ah, some confirmation of perceived awesome.

#43 Posted by OneAndOnlyBigE (438 posts) -
@NTM said:
" Now there is. Kind of dissapointing. "
I don't see how a metascore of 90 on Metacritic after 19 critic reviews is disappointing. 

Linky
#44 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -
@Jimbo: Agreed but will this game do well financially? The game seems to have the wrong image in peoples heads, oh its just a multiplayer spinoff. Which is accurate to a degree but it also has Desmond story arc progression which Ubi really need to beat into the consumer. People come to Creed for the crazy story not a newly added multiplayer mode.
#45 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Looks like I'll be getting this for sure now.

#46 Posted by AnAmericanPatriot (141 posts) -
@CrazyChris:  

DON'T BE ashamed! You're ABOUT TO play some motherfucking awesome ASS GAMES.  

First one IS A LITTLE shaky though, but the SECOND IS WORTH it.
#47 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

God damnit, why didn't Jim review it on Destructoid?

#48 Posted by T0mF5 (928 posts) -

I'm calling it a 5 star review by Ryan Davis.

#49 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
@Jimbo said:
It takes a lot to make people (especially gamers / game reviewers / me) admit that their first thoughts about a game might have been wrong, so well played Ubisofters. "
I don't think it takes very much to impress most reviewers, if you look at the other sorts of games that get the pass, but I have been impressed by how much Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 both convinced me that my personal impressions were fairly wrong.  ACB seems like the biggest test yet because I'm still very far from convinced.  It's not just that I don't think I want to play ACB's MP, I simply won't play much of it.  I don't get into MP games.  So the thing is, will ACB's single player get the pass for me, because it seems to me it really is very much an AC2 expansion.

Anyways, I don't intend to get the game day one, but after some decent price cuts, sure.
#50 Posted by Citizengamer (182 posts) -

Kotaku has weighed in and called it "The Best Assassin's Creed." Just one example of the praise. But it didn't matter for me, because I pre-ordered ...

Was very glad to read (and hear in the Quick Look) about chapters being replayable.

"The first Assassin's Creed was an interesting but repetitive experiment. Two years later, Assassin's Creed II was an improvement in almost all ways. One year later, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, woefully misunderstood prior to release, is arguably the best one yet. "
 http://kotaku.com/5690186/review-assassins-creed-brotherhood-is-the-best-assassins-creed

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.