Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

Playing the multiplayer "right"

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cataphract1014

So, in my view there is the right way to play the multiplayer, aka act as NPCie as possible.  When I get into a game where the majority of the people are doing this, I find it a lot more fun.  It is harder to win because people aren't running around like idiots getting only 100 points per kill.  When there are people just treating the game like the single player, it gets a lot less enjoyable.

Also, what is the point of Player and Ranked if you can level up in both of them?

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Marcsman

I agree about trying to blend in makes it a better game experience. I don't know if running around is the "wrong" way to play though.
    Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @Marcsman said:
    " I agree about trying to blend in makes it a better game experience. I don't know if running around is the "wrong" way to play though. "
    I'm just saying I find it much more enjoyable when people are playing it sneaky.

I've also ran into people that can dodge assassinations like indefinitely.  A few days ago I was trying to kill this one guy that just kept dodging me and another person came and he was dodging both of us.  It was weird.
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Marcsman

Don't get me wrong. I do not like the runners either. But have you ever noticed they are always at the bottom of the scoreboard? I only run when my hud flashes red. Then it's time to roll. Still it's a great online game.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By drac96
    @Cataphract1014 said:

Also, what is the point of Player and Ranked if you can level up in both of them? "  

The only difference is that there are separate leader boards for both. So there really is no need for both. 
    Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Nadafinga
    @Cataphract1014 said:
    Also, what is the point of Player and Ranked if you can level up in both of them? "
    You can't play with people on your friends list in "Ranked" matches. "Player" matches allows you to play with friends.
    Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
    RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By RedEyesBlueBunny

i agree. but i do love when i can escape people who run at me like idiots

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Twitchey

This is why I play Wanted most of the time. If I see some dude running at me from a rooftop and I have three pursuers, I have a slight feeling that one is trying to kill me, so I just throw a knife when he gets close, and stun him.

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Aishan
    @Nadafinga: You can play with friends in Ranked modes too, just not Wanted. 

The game really is a lot more fun when people play it "right." I just love it when you manage to get that one "perfect" kill in the game, emerging from a crowd and getting that wonderful Incognito bonus and it's so annoying when your targets are running around the rooftops like a lunatic, leading to everyone chasing nothing but 100-point kills. Same applies to my team mates in Manhunt matches too. I usually only drop in with one other player, so we have to rely on the intelligence of our team mates to get the good scores. Unfortunately, quite a lot of the time they just run head-on into the enemy and "snipe" them with the Hidden Gun for that lousy basic kill. I have to find myself resisting a lock-on because I just know they wont use the indicator to get a nice clean kill.
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By SteamPunkJin

Games when all or most the people are playing it low key are without a doubt when the multi-player shines the brightest. Even getting taken out in these kind of matches is enjoyable because you can't deny the skill your Hunter used to bring you down. I've found myself increasingly drawn towards Manhunt as it seems to encourage this kind of playing more, also the 'Advanced' modes seem to (in general) bring along a higher caliber of player. 

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By Nadafinga

I must confess, I do my fair share of running around, but only when necessary. When I get into games with sprinters, it just makes smoke bomb stuns and escapes really easy when idiots are running around all the time. It's pretty satisfying having less kills than anyone else, but the most points, because I was getting tons of stuns and escapes, and a few meaningful 400-600 point kills.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Chaos_Bladez

I like when people are stupid, at least stupid on the ground. If they are running around on rooftops, it exposes you and them a lot more. 
    I love how being sneaky (how I play) works. If only the gun were nerfed... that's ruined so many of my sneaky kills because some loser 5 rooftops away can lock onto me.

Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Obsidian

I hate how much people talk about this game while I impatiently wait for it to be released on the PC.  The multiplayer sounds like so much fun when people aren't prancing about.

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 02sfraser

There is no right or wrong way to play but I find the most effective way is to get quality kills rather than a lot of poor kills.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By shirogane
    @Chaos_Bladez said:
    "I like when people are stupid, at least stupid on the ground. If they are running around on rooftops, it exposes you and them a lot more.  I love how being sneaky (how I play) works. If only the gun were nerfed... that's ruined so many of my sneaky kills because some loser 5 rooftops away can lock onto me."

What? How are they even doing that? You have to get so damn close to lock on, meaning they'd have been really close to you at some point. 

Agree about rooftops though, man, i hate it when people run on roofs, HATE IT!
    foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By foggel
    @02sfraser said:
    " There is no right or wrong way to play but I find the most effective way is to get quality kills rather than a lot of poor kills. "
    Right or wrong... the roof runners are ruining the experience. It's close to impossible to get incognito kills if your target runs on the roofs all the time :(
    Foxtrot0245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Foxtrot0245

Someone should start a "Let's all play AC:B the "right" way" board... I picked up the game a few days ago and it's soooo awesome when people play like they have some sense.
    KinjiroSSD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By KinjiroSSD

Roofers never win so it doesn't really bother me that much 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By jakob187

Don't tell me how to eat a Reese's, muthafucker! 

In all seriousness, yeah...it's kind of douchey to run around and act like a dick.  At the same time, a lot of the later skills you unlock really mean that there's little point to not running around...especially if you've figured out the cutoff point for getting out of Incognito or not. 

Personally, I think a board should be made more along the lines of "HEY, UBISOFT, FIX YOUR BROKEN ASS ANIMATION PRIORITIES AND GIVE PEOPLE MORE DEFENSE THAN A GODDAMN SMOKE BOMB!  TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THAT I AM A HUMAN FUCKING BEING AND I CAN INTELLIGENTLY TELL THAT THIS GUY OVER HERE IS MY ENEMY, BUT I CAN'T DO A FUCKING THING ABOUT IT AND WILL END UP DYING NINE TIME OUT OF TEN WHEN I SHOULD NOT!". 

I mean, I don't really have that problem much anymore...because I run around on the rooftops and assassinate from above. 

@KinjiroSSD: You've never played against me.
    tobygw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#20  Edited By tobygw

If the people doing this keep losing however, they will likely change their strategies. If their consistently winning then the game design is flawed.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By HadesTimes

I love playing like the NPCs and then watching everyone else run around all crazy.  Its so fun to jack someone when they are TOTALLY not expecting it.

hoseph1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hoseph1337

I don't like this much either, but I think Ubisoft put in checks and balances to prevent this. I was in a match where everyone was running and I was the only one acting like an NPC, and after 2 quality kills I was in first place, even though they each had six or seven kills apiece. One good kill can propel you to the top, and if more people realized this the game would be much better.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By natetodamax

I've been thinking about this lately. It's because people are impatient, and because moving slow in something like Wanted will get you killed over and over again. That's just how it works. Maybe everyone acted like NPCs during the first week of release, but then people realized that you get a lot more kills when moving fast around the map. 

One of the reasons why Manhunt is my favorite game mode is because being on the Hunted team means you have to act like an NPC and stay hidden.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#24  Edited By Jedted
    @natetodamax said:
    "It's because people are impatient."

That is just a simple fact of life really.  Most of the time i try to be steathly but a lot of the time i'll be slowly closing in on my target only to be killed by my persuer at the last second(either by air assassination or just having the bad luck to walk into them).  Of corse it'd be more fun and more challenging if everyone acted like an NPC(and stayed off of rooftops) but that would eventually get a tad boring, runners help to spice up the match a little bit. 
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By Tennmuerti

I find that the higher level people are in the game the less roofing is going on. (except on Monterigioni, fuck that map)

Which is nice. When a game breaks down into roof running everyone gets low points.
    Whenever I manage to get lead I make sure to stay far away from roofs, this draws everybody down, since leader has the most hunters and they in turn have their own hunters.

ClamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ClamFTW

There are few things more satisfying than gunning down a serial running roofer from long range, because you know that motherfucker just threw down his controller and said whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

EDIT - also if I'm in a game full of roof runners, I just blend / morph and chill back with a smokebomb at the ready - eventually they will run to you allowing for a bomb, stun, escape, which is worth about three of their crazed zombie sprint kills

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Twitchey

I recently reached level 50 and around 47 I realized one easy way to get past "runners" as I call them is kill a civilian, but try to do it discreetly. 
    Sadly this only works in Wanted.

InitialP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By InitialP

If you're going to kill a civilian to get another contract, be sure it's not the same character model as your target or else they might get extra points for a lure.  
    I spend about 95% of my time on the ground and usually only go on the roof for a pull down kill. The best way I've found to battle those pesky roofers is to try to intercept them. The most important thing to keep in mind: If you're behind your target, you will almost never catch up! If you do end up catching them, you'll probably get a measly 100 - 150 points. Most of the people that run around on the roofs follow a general pattern. If you can try to predict where they will end up, you can usually get an incognito on the roof or even an incognito pull-down. :D

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By jakob187
    @hoseph1337 said:
    " I don't like this much either, but I think Ubisoft put in checks and balances to prevent this. I was in a match where everyone was running and I was the only one acting like an NPC, and after 2 quality kills I was in first place, even though they each had six or seven kills apiece. One good kill can propel you to the top, and if more people realized this the game would be much better. "
    I can run on the rooftops and get two quality kills worth at least 700-900 points a piece.  Moreover, if you happen to have poison, you already have cheap-as-fuck kills worth shitloads of points available to you.
    Avatar image for skullcrushermountain
    SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have a new mode in the new DLC that does exactly this :)

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By OneManX

There have been plenty of times where I have won games and had a low amount of kills. Most of the points I get comes from getting a good streak going and getting a lot of stuns (I dont have poison and dont use the gun)

When you have people running around and being high profile it's easy to just pick them off and lure them in for easy stuns. Disguise/Smoke Bomb seems to be working like a charm for me, so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.