ps3 matchmaking is BAD!

#1 Posted by Nate (702 posts) -

It's not just because of PSN's problems lately because I had trouble before too, but last night was ridiculous. I spent over 25 minutes trying to get into a multi-player match. Got in to two and got booted before it actually started. Seriously, is it this bad on 360 and PC as well?  I don't think it's just because there aren't people playing it much anymore; it seems like a lot of people still are. 

#2 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

LOL I actually also had problems getting to MP games too in the PS3

#3 Posted by Marcsman (3094 posts) -

It was a lot worse at launch
#4 Posted by Hexogen (766 posts) -

It's pretty bad on 360 too. If I party up with a friend before starting matchmaking or choose a specific gametype it gets a lot tougher to find a match. It hasn't ever taken 25 minutes, but I don't stay on the "Searching for Abstergo agents" screen that long. If it takes more than a few minutes, I back out and try again. I've found the most reliable way to get my friend and I into a game is to start matchmaking by myself and have my friend join my session in progress after I get put in a match. Though even that doesn't work 100% of the time.

Even once we get in a match it's not smooth sailing. My friend has had his Xbox totally lock up in the middle of AC:B matches, and I randomly get disconnected from the host (but my friend and most of the others stay in). We don't have these problems with any other games. I really like AC:B's multiplayer, but I don't know how much longer I'll be playing it. It's too much of a hassle to find and stay in a match. For me, it's kind of busted.

#5 Posted by Nate (702 posts) -
@Hexogen said:
It's pretty bad on 360 too. If I party up with a friend before starting matchmaking or choose a specific gametype it gets a lot tougher to find a match. It hasn't ever taken 25 minutes, but I don't stay on the "Searching for Abstergo agents" screen that long. If it takes more than a few minutes, I back out and try again. I've found the most reliable way to get my friend and I into a game is to start matchmaking by myself and have my friend join my session in progress after I get put in a match. Though even that doesn't work 100% of the time.Even once we get in a match it's not smooth sailing. My friend has had his Xbox totally lock up in the middle of AC:B matches, and I randomly get disconnected from the host (but my friend and most of the others stay in). We don't have these problems with any other games. I really like AC:B's multiplayer, but I don't know how much longer I'll be playing it. It's too much of a hassle to find and stay in a match. For me, it's kind of busted.
Yeah. It's a shame because it's really fun and innovative. I love there's a game out there that really rewards patience and subtlety to such an extent, but it is starting to get to the point where it's not worth the hassle.
Also, let's hope AC Revelation's matchmaking lives up to the promised improvement.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.