Should I play Brotherhood before getting revelations?

#1 Posted by gonintendo (6 posts) -

I am just finishing number two up (idk why I stopped 2/3 of the way through. Thoroughly enjoying this game though.) and I don't know whether I should buy brotherhood before I get revelations. I have heard that the story stuff in brotherhood is not very important.

#2 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@gonintendo said:

I have heard that the story stuff in brotherhood is not very important.

What?

I'd probably argue that the ending of Brotherhood is pretty important.

#3 Posted by Shadow (4979 posts) -

it's...pretty damn important

#4 Edited by nohthink (1223 posts) -

@gonintendo: You should definitely play it. The gameplay wise, there's not much of "huge" difference but the story is actually pretty important. I would not go straight to Revelation, if I were you.

#5 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

it's pretty fuckin important 
it's a main game not a side story

#6 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2720 posts) -

Yes. For the love of fuck, yes.

#7 Posted by theoldhouse (439 posts) -

and not to mention dirt cheap. Get it then wait for a price drop on revelations ?

#8 Posted by Marz (5648 posts) -

Revelations is a direct sequel to Brotherhood (like brotherhood was for 2 )....   so yeah you will be missing out on a huge chunk of story if you skip it.

#9 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

Yep.

#10 Posted by probablytuna (3614 posts) -

You should not only because the story is pretty much directly related to Revelations, but it's also a damn good game. Probably my favourite Assassin's Creed game yet.

#11 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -

@BulletproofMonk said:

Yes. For the love of fuck, yes.

I love fuck. I also think you should play brotherhood first.

#12 Posted by gonintendo (6 posts) -

Wow, so it's pretty much unanimous lol. Thanks for the help!

#13 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

@gonintendo said:

I have heard that the story stuff in brotherhood is not very important.

Whoever told you this is lying, and probably beats kittens.

#14 Posted by gonintendo (6 posts) -

@mazik765: Actually, it's kittens and panda bears.

#15 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

@gonintendo said:

@mazik765: Actually, it's kittens and panda bears.

Point and case. In closing, you should not listen to his panda/kitten beating monster and play Brotherhood. My guess for revelations is that it picks up pretty immediately after the last event in Brotherhood and if you haven't played it you're just going to be thinking 'who did what to who know?'.

#16 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10910 posts) -

Yes. Even beyond story, it's fun. It's more Assassin's Creed.

Moderator Online
#17 Posted by morrelloman (608 posts) -

I would definitely o it, but I would wait before jumping into Revelations. 2 to brotherhood was pretty iterative.

#18 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

Unless stabbing dudes, shank style, like uh uh uh uh uh, is all you care about, then you should definitely play Brotherhood before you play Revelations (I'm assuming you played AC2)

#19 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Don't skip anything, so buy it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.