So what do you guys love and hate about the online.

• 81 results
#1 Posted by falserelic (4955 posts) -

I'm just curious too know please share your thoughts.I heard that the online can be very annoying to play.I haven't played the online yet .I've been busy playing the aswome single player.Once I play the online I'll share my thoughts of what I like and don't like about it.

#2 Posted by RavenX302 (258 posts) -

At this moment, it really ticks me off is when I try to run from someone about to kill me and they can seem to activate a kill from about 7 feet away. I seen someone counter a kill though...is that some kind of perk or ability you get later?

#3 Posted by falserelic (4955 posts) -
@RavenX302: Well I heard you can unlock perks and abilities the more you level up your character. 
#4 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I hate when I'm seemingly 5 feet away from the guy chasing me and then I just stop and am unable to move while the guy warps over to me and stabs me. They need to reduce the distance that you can stab dudes.

#5 Edited by KamikazeCaterpillar (1179 posts) -

The only things that have bothered me thus far are: people who just run around the map the whole time, when the game gets stuck trying to give me a contract and I am left with nothing to do for the last 3-4 minutes of a match, and of course the unavoidable rage-quitters. 
edit: Oh, and Alliance mode...it is terrible.

#6 Posted by Mr_Faraday (241 posts) -

I hate people who dont realize that running doesnt help anything. The only time you should be running is if you see a guy trying to kill you and you either try to excape or make sure that when they kill you its no more then 150 points that they get. Also im still waiting for people to realize that the gun is useless.
#7 Posted by BionicMonster (1030 posts) -

I love everything about it so far except for a few times when I had no contract and no pursuers.

#8 Posted by trophyhunter (5804 posts) -

I love everything about it  
I've played 18 hours it so far and am level 30

#9 Posted by Ares42 (2448 posts) -

What I love about it, it's fucking exciting, period. 

What I hate about it, there's so much luck involved. Ever had a streak of targets being killed before you reach them ? or getting killed 5 seconds after you spawn ? Can't really think of a good alternative at the moment, but the constrictive ruleset can really mess you up if you have bad luck.

#10 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -

The multiplayer for this game is awesome.  

In fact, I think the only thing I dislike is that someone always chooses the Doctor before me! =[

#11 Posted by Vorbis (2748 posts) -

Love it, especially flat maps with lots of npcs. Games at its best when people are behaving like the npcs.

Hate sprinters, you get 150 a kill and turn the game into a fleeing match, stop it.

#12 Posted by ChromaticPanther (66 posts) -

Love everything, only got stuck without a contract once, still placed second from stuns and escapes, hahah. People that sprint around are dumb and so are people that use the gun too much, but I got no problem with that because if they want to lower their scores that is just fine with me. If you have a sprinter as your target just anticipate where he is going to be and cut him off, you can still easily get 300 or 400 point kill off of them. Or just shoot them if you're impatient, its really the only good way to use the pistol.
Also the assassination distance seems fine to me, if they run towards you before you see them they should be able to leap you. You just have to watch your back better and run before they get within five feet...

#13 Posted by ProfessorEss (7130 posts) -

I hate that the single player is so good and so substantial that I'll be surprised if I even get to the multiplayer.

#14 Posted by hexx462 (506 posts) -

There are issues with matches sometimes taking too long and having a lack of a target sometimes. Other than that I am in love with it, it's been a long time since I was excited about multiplayer in a game. The best part about it is the intensity of stalking your prey or fleeing from a pursuer. It's nice to play something that requires planning and a degree of patience as opposed to just shooting at everything that moves. That isn't a knock against shooters at all, more of a praise for it being fresh and a change of pace.

#15 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

I hated the fact that I didn't know what the hell I was doing the first game I played. But now I understand, and I don't hate anything anymore.

#16 Posted by litrock (173 posts) -

Anyone who tries to play the game by running around like a fool and climbing on stuff.  Because you'll invariably get them as your target and have to go up after them and expose yourself and look like a tool.

#17 Posted by Eristocrat (439 posts) -

I really like how the game puts emphasis on trying to remain hidden while hunting.  I don't like the modes that aren't wanted and assassination conga lines.

#18 Edited by OneAndOnlyBigE (436 posts) -
@Eristocrat said:

" I really like how the game puts emphasis on trying to remain hidden while hunting.  I don't like the modes that aren't wanted and assassination conga lines. "

a.k.a. Mount Doom
#19 Posted by GetEveryone (4454 posts) -

Christ, I want this game.

#20 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

They need to give you a better way to counter your pursuer.  There has been times where I've literally watched someone walk up to me and stab me and there was nothing I could do about it.  If I know that he is coming after me I should be able to lock on to him and kill his bitch ass.  Without the use of equipment or a perk.  The whole point is to be stabbing fools without being noticed and if these people can just run up in front of you and stab you it really defeats the purpose.

#21 Posted by MightyMayorMike (422 posts) -

I'm actually loving the online so far. I tend to sneak around instead of running and do pretty well. I like having to constantly think about your plan of attack at the same time as your plan of escape.

I wonder if the skills will eventually unbalance the game, though. Little worried as it's the first time their doing this. Also, it's kind of annoying when you're playing with players who seem to just constantly run around and climb on things, making it more of a hectic, low-point melee all around.

#22 Posted by spankingaddict (2647 posts) -

I hate that i suck at it :)

Other than that it's a pretty good online game,imo...

#23 Posted by OneAndOnlyBigE (436 posts) -
@fwylo said:
" They need to give you a better way to counter your pursuer.  There has been times where I've literally watched someone walk up to me and stab me and there was nothing I could do about it.  If I know that he is coming after me I should be able to lock on to him and kill his bitch ass.  Without the use of equipment or a perk.  The whole point is to be stabbing fools without being noticed and if these people can just run up in front of you and stab you it really defeats the purpose. "
This is my biggest complaint thus far.  When someone is sprinting RIGHT AT ME there should be something a little more substantial then the quick "Stun" option with the B button, which sometimes doesn't do anything.  Giving the person being pursued slightly better defenses would really increase the impetus on stealth and blending.
#24 Posted by bwmcmaste (830 posts) -
@OneAndOnlyBigE said:

This is my biggest complaint thus far.  When someone is sprinting RIGHT AT ME there should be something a little more substantial then the quick "Stun" option with the B button, which sometimes doesn't do anything.  Giving the person being pursued slightly better defenses would really increase the impetus on stealth and blending. "
I agree with this wholeheartedly. Furthermore, there needs to be an autojoin, or a command to kick players in the pre-game lobby. Some rotten bastard went AFK last night (so the game wouldn't start) and it kept bringing me back to that game when I tried to join a new one.  

Otherwise, I find the online mode to be inspired and thoroughly enjoyable in all other respects.
#25 Posted by Ares42 (2448 posts) -
Seeing a few people having some misconceptions about running :P There is no penalty to running unless your target is in line of sight, actually it's to your advantage to run. Not only do you close the gap to your target more quickly, but also in most cases it's just as easy for a pursuer to pick you out of a crowd unless you're actively trying to confuse him. And if you're not already running when your pursuer is close in most cases you're dead. Just look at it from the pursuing perspective. Who's easier to kill? the runner or the guy just walking around ?

The game is clearly designed with a "run until you can see your target, then sneak up on him" philosophy. Gotta remember, it's all about being spotted by your target, nothing else.
#26 Posted by trophyhunter (5804 posts) -
@fwylo said:
" They need to give you a better way to counter your pursuer.  There has been times where I've literally watched someone walk up to me and stab me and there was nothing I could do about it.  If I know that he is coming after me I should be able to lock on to him and kill his bitch ass.  Without the use of equipment or a perk.  The whole point is to be stabbing fools without being noticed and if these people can just run up in front of you and stab you it really defeats the purpose. "
It's called opening your damn eyes and being on guard.
#27 Posted by Captain_Insano (1514 posts) -

Love sneaking around, the tense nature of the game makes it really fantastic. 

Hate the fact that if you see your pursuer being dodgy (but not in a way that the game initiates a pursuit) that there is little you can do about it. Would be nice if a button could be mapped in a similar way to the 'lock target' button so that if you see your target, you can initiate an escape sequence without just having to randomly sprint away. Or by doing that, you are able to essentially assassinate them also or 'stun' them in the way that kills work. This would further reward players who are stealthy that you have NO idea are coming. I'm down with getting killed that way.

#28 Posted by AlexW00d (6065 posts) -

I hate the fact that it isn't the single player campaign. 
Also the people moaning about distance issues probably just have bad connections.

#29 Edited by bwmcmaste (830 posts) -
@trophyhunter said:

It's called opening your damn eyes and being on guard. "

I don't think you read his whole post. The problem isn't perception, it's the fact that there is nothing you can do about a pursuer who you see running directly to your front (save for the ineffective counter/stun move) without resorting to using a smoke bomb or something similar. It stands to reason that a super elite assassin aught to be able to defend himself against such a direct and telegraphed confrontation, rather than fleeing like a little girl.
#30 Posted by trophyhunter (5804 posts) -
@bwmcmaste said:
" @trophyhunter said:

It's called opening your damn eyes and being on guard. "

I don't think you read his whole post. The problem isn't perception, it's the fact that there is nothing you can do about a pursuer who you see running directly to your front (save for the ineffective counter/stun move) without resorting to using a smoke bomb or something similar. It stands to reason that a super elite assassin aught to be able to defend himself against such a direct and telegraphed confrontation, rather than fleeing like a little girl. "

Well that's the reason smoke bomb exists.
You smoke bomb them then punch them in the face.
#31 Posted by trophyhunter (5804 posts) -
@AlexW00d said:
" I hate the fact that it isn't the single player campaign. Also the people moaning about distance issues probably just have bad connections. "
Actually I would love it if you could unlock all the online characters as costumes for Ezio.
#32 Posted by AlexW00d (6065 posts) -
@trophyhunter: That would be kinda cool, but would fuck the game up if you hadn't killed the character they were based on before obtaining it. Imagine killing the weird armed guy with his own weird arm.
#33 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (999 posts) -

I love the game, but the balance of getting away from getting killed is whacked. I pretty much have to lure people with disguise changes or smoke bombs. But overall, it's great for those with patience.

#34 Posted by Baillie (3955 posts) -

I have no idea how to play it, that's my trouble. It's a cool concept, but I can't quite get to grips with getting pursued. I am quite good at noticing someone coming after me, but why do I have to run away like a bitch? Can't I run up and smack that bitch? I once saw a 'stun' appear. I pressed it, nothing happened. I just can't figure it out. I also get annoyed when I am next to my target and for some reason, someone else kills them, like accidentally or just out of idiocy, lol. That's not such a big deal though. 

I also hate when I have 4 pursuers on me. :(

#35 Posted by Special_K (100 posts) -

I like just about everything about it, I dislike the problems I've been having with matchmaking. It takes forever to connect, I sometimes have to back out and restart the search several times to get one to load.

#36 Edited by DeShawn2ks (1043 posts) -

I love the tension that the online has. Trying to hunt down someone without them seeing you for more points and being hunted at the same time. Plus the better you do the harder it gets a swear one time I had 3 pursuers on me. What I don't like about the game is before the match starts there always seems like one or two people who won't hit the dang button so the match doesn't start for a few minutes. I also don't like when I am in a match with people who don't do anything but run around and climb on shit and no one is chasing them. That makes the game not feel as fun. Because in those instances you have to chase down your target and also climb up stuff which gives you away to your pursuers. You want to run around and do dumb stuff there are plenty of FPS's out there that will reward you with doing exactly that. I can't wait until those type of people get bored of just running around and not accomplishing anything. Then only people who are left playing the game are the ones that are really into the gameplay.

#37 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -
@trophyhunter haha uh no it isn't. It's called even if you see a guy coming up to you. You can't do anything about it if you are on cooldown. Even if you try and run away he is going to jump 20 feet and stab you anyways.

If some dude gives himself away coming after me I should be able to kill his ass for it.
#38 Posted by trophyhunter (5804 posts) -
@fwylo said:
" @trophyhunter haha uh no it isn't. It's called even if you see a guy coming up to you. You can't do anything about it if you are on cooldown. Even if you try and run away he is going to jump 20 feet and stab you anyways. If some dude gives himself away coming after me I should be able to kill his ass for it. "
you must have a shitty connection
#39 Posted by Marcsman (2895 posts) -

The game is great. Matchmaking totally sucks.
#40 Posted by Kazona (3055 posts) -

I hate it when others kill my target. 

#41 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -
@trophyhunter ...
#42 Posted by Akrid (1346 posts) -
@OneAndOnlyBigE said:
" @fwylo said:
This is my biggest complaint thus far.  When someone is sprinting RIGHT AT ME there should be something a little more substantial then the quick "Stun" option with the B button, which sometimes doesn't do anything.  Giving the person being pursued slightly better defenses would really increase the impetus on stealth and blending. "
You're supposed to run. If you were on equal footing with the hunters everyone would just run at each other and see who could hit their respective buttons fastest. When a dude is approaching, you have to exercise your fight or flight reflex, which I think really sets the game apart. I also think the game does a great job in determining when a stun should work or not.

My biggest complaint is when I'm setting up an elaborate quality kill and some guy runs to kill my target and gets 100 points as opposed to my 1000.
#43 Posted by trophyhunter (5804 posts) -
@fwylo said:
" @trophyhunter ... "
well it is a possibility, also you people have to get over this "running away is for pussys" thing
because it's part of how you play the game. You people are probably the same people that throw a board game across the room, when you losing.
Or maybe your transferring online shooter mentality into game that's not an online shooter. I don't know and frankly I don't care. I'm level 40 and it's kicking ass.
Wait till you get poison, it'll change your life.
#44 Posted by Azteck (7447 posts) -

I love it. It's so different from other things. I love it when your contract run past you, kill your peruser, and all you have to do is turn around and stab the fool, and be on your way. Win-win situation.

#45 Posted by Azteck (7447 posts) -
@trophyhunter said:
" @fwylo said:
" @trophyhunter ... "
well it is a possibility, also you people have to get over this "running away is for pussys" thingbecause it's part of how you play the game. You people are probably the same people that throw a board game across the room, when you losing. Or maybe your transferring online shooter mentality into game that's not an online shooter. I don't know and frankly I don't care. I'm level 40 and it's kicking ass. Wait till you get poison, it'll change your life. "
Been wondering about that. What does poison do exactly?
#46 Posted by trophyhunter (5804 posts) -
@Azteck said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @fwylo said:
" @trophyhunter ... "
well it is a possibility, also you people have to get over this "running away is for pussys" thingbecause it's part of how you play the game. You people are probably the same people that throw a board game across the room, when you losing. Or maybe your transferring online shooter mentality into game that's not an online shooter. I don't know and frankly I don't care. I'm level 40 and it's kicking ass. Wait till you get poison, it'll change your life. "
Been wondering about that. What does poison do exactly? "
You can kill your target without showing yourself as an assassin.  If you can sneak up on a guy and poison them, you'll get 1000 points for one kill.
But it has like a two minute cooldown, so you can't use it a whole lot. 
Basically you can walk over to your target and instead of killing them and reveling yourself as a player, you just walk pass them and poison them.
Three seconds later they fall over dead and not even knowing when it happened to them. It's orgasmic
#47 Posted by Azteck (7447 posts) -
@trophyhunter said:
" @Azteck said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @fwylo said:
" @trophyhunter ... "
Been wondering about that. What does poison do exactly? "
You can kill your target without showing yourself as an assassin.  If you can sneak up on a guy and poison them, you'll get 1000 points for one kill. But it has like a two minute cooldown, so you can't use it a whole lot.  Basically you can walk over to your target and instead of killing them and reveling yourself as a player, you just walk pass them and poison them. Three seconds later they fall over dead and not even knowing when it happened to them. It's orgasmic "
Oh my god that sounds like the best thing ever. I can't wait to unlock that
#48 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Akrid said:
" @OneAndOnlyBigE said:
" @fwylo said:
You're supposed to run. If you were on equal footing with the hunters everyone would just run at each other and see who could hit their respective buttons fastest. When a dude is approaching, you have to exercise your fight or flight reflex, which I think really sets the game apart. I also think the game does a great job in determining when a stun should work or not.  My biggest complaint is when I'm setting up an elaborate quality kill and some guy runs to kill my target and gets 100 points as opposed to my 1000. "
Well running doesn't always work when the person running at you just warps 5 feet and stabs you(While he is warping you are unable to move)
#49 Posted by Akrid (1346 posts) -
@CL60:  That is frustrating but I think it's necessary. Two things:

First, In chases it's really important. The alternative is getting within a foot of your target, which is unfair since you'd have to shadow you're targets movements more then perfectly to get a kill.

Second, It's also unfair for a hunter to do the work to find you in a crowd and be robbed of a decent kill because you can run away too easily. In a situation like that, the hunter already earned the points by getting pretty damn close to you in the first place.
#50 Edited by swamplord666 (1752 posts) -
@RavenX302 said:

" At this moment, it really ticks me off is when I try to run from someone about to kill me and they can seem to activate a kill from about 7 feet away.

Bingo. This needs to be tweaked. 
Also best moments so far were my targets leaping off a building towards me and rolling into my blade. :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.