Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

Tired, but thought I'd make a thread before heading to bed.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

When you say Ubisoft, do you say you-be-soft, or oo-be-soft? Just wondering. Right now I'm listening to the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood soundtrack, my brother got me the game today 'cause my birthday's tomorrow. I'm turning 21, and for the last few years I haven't been as excited as I am now for one of my b-days. It may just be because I don't have a job right now, so I can't really buy anything on my own, and also in the past I never felt I needed anything, but now there are a lot more things I'm interested in; like Blade Runner, and Avatar, so I'm going to get the complete collectors edition of those movies on blu-ray, and the collectors edition for Dead Space 2 on PC.  

I have it on PS3 already; I know, may seem dumb to want the same game only on another system, but I like it that much. Anyways, as you can see, when it comes to birthday presents, I don't like to be surprised, so I already know what I'm getting. By the way, I've only played about an hour and a half to two hours of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and it's amazing so far. It's far better than the other two in my opinion, although there wasn't much to improve on other than the... oh man, I forgot the word. Oh well, sorry. Juuuuuust waiting for the free DLC to download and then I'll be off. 

If I think of that word I wanted to say, I'll have to edit this at a later time. 8:36 here in Bothell, WA. 69 percent complete; don't know why it's taking so long to download... How's everyone doing anyways? What games you playing? I can't believe I waited this long to play Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, it's unlike me to let this type of thing go on. I've been playing Starcraft 2 more recently, I watched some of the cut-scenes, and it made me want to play it through. I'm not a huge MP player whatsoever, so RTS multiplayer is out of the question, mostly because RTS' aren't my kind of thing.  

I like playing them, but I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't win a match against anyone and I'd probably get some flack for not doing so well. So I'd have to learn, but I'm fine with single player only. Love the immersion of games, not sure about immersion when it comes to Starcraft, but it's good nonetheless. Ughhhhh. Headache. And here is where I end this non blog of a should have been blog (right? Right?! Eh.). So here it goes to fill in the rest of the paragraph. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgoodbye for now community of giantbomb. 90 percent complete.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ajamafalous

The correct pronunciation is "you be soft".

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Agent47
    @ajamafalous: I never understood this whole "correct" stuff.Like who says it's correct?I could no it's correctly pronounced "oo-be-soft" wouldn't  really make it that more true.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Agent47 said:
    @ajamafalous: I never understood this whole "correct" stuff.Like who says it's correct?I could no it's correctly pronounced "oo-be-soft" wouldn't  really make it that more true.
    Ubisoft says so. Like, literally, confirmed by them, it is pronounced "you be soft". It's a combination of ubiquitous and software.
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By kingzetta
    @Agent47 said:
    Well the correct thing comes from people wanting to say the name correctly.
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NTM

Yeah, I used to say oo until I figured out it was you-be-soft. Everyone I know still says oo.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ajamafalous

@NTM said:

Yeah, I used to say oo until I figured out it was you-be-soft. Everyone I know still says oo.

I still kinda use them interchangeably (old habits die hard), but I'd say I use you be soft about 90% of the time. Occasionally I'll let an oo be soft slip.

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By sungahymn

You-be-soft. 

I really liked Brotherhood too. You'll have a lot of fun with it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NTM
    @sungahymn: Yeah, it is quite amazing. With each Assassin's Creed game to come, they keep getting better, which is almost kind of sad because I wish it was consistent throughout. I would be playing it right now; I would be playing it all day! But since it's my birthday, I have some other stuff to do.
    ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By ShaggE

I maintain that it's oo-be-soft. I'm calling them out on this one, and saying that the whole "ubiquitous software" thing is a damn dirty lie to get me to mispronounce their name. It's all lies, Jerry!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM
    @ShaggE: Yeah, that's cool. I think they should accept both if they don't already. It should never be that someone needs to correct another for saying one or the other.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.