Will the next AC be Assassin's Creed III?

#1 Posted by ParaParaKing (104 posts) -

Since Brotherhood continues the story of AC2, do you think the sequel to Brotherhood will be called Assassin's Creed III or have they already moved away from numbered games? 
Also what are your subtitle ideas for a sequel?

#2 Posted by Brendan (7510 posts) -

I don't know if it's what they'll do next, but I assume they will make an AC3 to complete the storyline.  Brotherhood is a continuation of Ezio's storyline, not Desmond's.
#3 Posted by InKtOiD (100 posts) -

Brotherhood is a continuation of both the storylines from AC2. The third game will be Assassin's Creed 3, and will contain a new ancestor of Desmond for you to complete the series, a lot of the game will also be set with Desmond filling the role of an assassin in present day, which will add a lot of new gameplay elements.

#4 Edited by Jeust (10334 posts) -

Ask Ubisoft. 
 
I think Brotherhood is a multiplayer filler, the next will be the singleplayer deal.

#5 Posted by narcosis219 (20 posts) -

You get to play as Desmond in AC:B, so i think it will advance the "modern" storyline.

#6 Posted by rjayb89 (7713 posts) -

This strikes me as a sort of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas to a Grand Theft Auto III.  Not exactly a full-on sequel of the game but one that uses a similar engine in the same universe.

#7 Posted by regularassmilk (1369 posts) -

I think it will be the story equivalent of further reading. It looks more like its focused on the multiplayer, and assuming since its subtitled and the protagonist is the same, its a few good reasons to assume that its just an inbetween and that an ACIII is on the way.

#8 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -

I think so. I'd like it to be anyway. Although I enjoy playing as Ezio in Italy I'd like to play in a different time period before AC is up. Not too sure how I'll take to playing mostly as Desmond though.

#9 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

I really hope they don't make AC3 entirely on Desmond's story. I don't mind if it's another side to the game, but I want some more cool historical settings. Colonial era Europe would be awesome. 

#10 Posted by Cazamalos (982 posts) -

i'm really scared of AC3, without Patrice i think the series could get stale and die , but yeah the next AC game will have a new ancestor for sure, what i'm really not sure if Desmond would be ready and turn to be the modern assassin in the next game

#11 Posted by OneAndOnlyBigE (436 posts) -

As others have said, the next game will almost certainly be AC3, much of it will be played as Desmond and will happen in present day, but I'd like to see what historical locale they take the series in the next installment.  I don't think the entire game will take place in modern times. 

#12 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Pretty sure, yes. 
#13 Posted by Sackmanjones (4609 posts) -

I'm almost positive it will be III.  I have a feeling they will do HUGE things to the single player but minor things for the multiplayer. So pretty much the opposite of AC:B.  At least I hope this is what it is because as much as the multiplayer looks fantastic, I come to AC for the story and singleplayer

#14 Posted by OldGuy (1431 posts) -
#15 Posted by Jimbo (9708 posts) -

It will be AC 3, but I don't think there's a hope in hell it will 'complete the story'.  
 
With Ubisoft bleeding money, basically saying 'fuck new IP' the other day, and with AC outselling anything else they make by about a factor of 3, they're gonna spin AC out for the forseeable future.  I wouldn't be surprised if they're planning on releasing an AC game every year, alternating between a numbered sequel and a Brotherhood style spin-off.

#16 Posted by onimonkii (2421 posts) -

A Lucy focused prequel, Assassin's Creed: Sisterhood

#17 Posted by NinjaHunter (972 posts) -
@onimonkii said:
" A Lucy focused prequel, Assassin's Creed: Sisterhood "
In which, she is desperately looking for the last remaining members of the Order of the Traveling Pants.
#18 Posted by Citizengamer (177 posts) -

I agree that it will probably still involve a Desmond ancestor, even if much of the action focuses on Desmond. The question is where and when ... the historical consultant for AC:B suggested that sometime during the French Revolution or perhaps the Napoleonic era might be fun for the game engine to render.

#19 Posted by MegaGoat (219 posts) -

The next game will be AC: Wrath of the Yearly Release

#20 Posted by Cybexx (1099 posts) -

I went to a Siggraph event earlier this year which covered the development of Assassin's Creed 2, the speaker was Partrick Plourde, the lead designer. It was really awesome and pretty crazy how they pulled it off in two years, essentially a lot of pre-production but absolutely no time to iterate on features. 
 
At this event he indicated that Assassin's Creed 3 would start after the one year development cycle on Brotherhood and that they would go back to two years. I guess that changed with the recent news of another game next year. I wonder if they created another massive team to pull this off, maybe next years title is a spin-off?
 
Personally I've wanted an almost Godfather II (the movie) style game since the beginning, with half the game taking place in the past and half with Desmond  parkouring around a near-future city.

#21 Posted by BBQBram (2164 posts) -

Remember how many Assassin tombs there were scattered on that map made from the Codex pages? There are so much potential settings for the next one. I hope they get crazy ambitious and let you play in a few historical settings before finishing things up as Desmond in the present.

#22 Posted by hexx462 (506 posts) -

I predict the end will reveal that Desmond is just a crazy homeless guy that has been ranting on the street corner about "Animuses" and "Sassins".

#23 Posted by wermax (30 posts) -

I hope that in AC 3 you'll play mainly as Desmond and revisit a japanese ancestor ( so you get to play as a ninja )

#24 Posted by LiquidPrince (15601 posts) -
@MegaGoat said:
" The next game will be AC: Wrath of the Yearly Release "
Except I have a feeling that they are planning this game to be released in 2012 so it can suit the storyline.
#25 Posted by MegaGoat (219 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" @MegaGoat said:
" The next game will be AC: Wrath of the Yearly Release "
Except I have a feeling that they are planning this game to be released in 2012 so it can suit the storyline. "
Maybe 3 will be, but Ubisoft have confirmed more AssCreed for next year
#26 Posted by LiquidPrince (15601 posts) -
@MegaGoat said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @MegaGoat said:
" The next game will be AC: Wrath of the Yearly Release "
Except I have a feeling that they are planning this game to be released in 2012 so it can suit the storyline. "
Maybe 3 will be, but Ubisoft have confirmed more AssCreed for next year "
If it is of the caliber of Brotherhood, then hit me.
#27 Posted by anbumakura (151 posts) -
@Brendan said: 

" I don't know if it's what they'll do next, but I assume they will make an AC3 to complete the storyline.  Brotherhood is a continuation of Ezio's storyline, not Desmond's. "

I don't know if you've beat it yet, but Brotherhood's importance to Desmond's story is huge.  I don't know how they could name the next one AC3 and treat this one like a spin-off with what they throw at you at the end.    
#28 Posted by LiquidPrince (15601 posts) -
@anbumakura said:
" @Brendan said: 

" I don't know if it's what they'll do next, but I assume they will make an AC3 to complete the storyline.  Brotherhood is a continuation of Ezio's storyline, not Desmond's. "

I don't know if you've beat it yet, but Brotherhood's importance to Desmond's story is huge.  I don't know how they could name the next one AC3 and treat this one like a spin-off with what they throw at you at the end.     "
The ending scares me...
#29 Edited by DystopiaX (5241 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:

" @anbumakura said:

" @Brendan said: 

" I don't know if it's what they'll do next, but I assume they will make an AC3 to complete the storyline.  Brotherhood is a continuation of Ezio's storyline, not Desmond's. "

I don't know if you've beat it yet, but Brotherhood's importance to Desmond's story is huge.  I don't know how they could name the next one AC3 and treat this one like a spin-off with what they throw at you at the end.     "
The ending scares me... "
Haven't seen it, but it has to be called AC3. Jeff/Ryan's idea that it has to be in the future makes a lot of sense except gameplay wise (again, this is all based off AC2 ending), so while they incorporate Brotherhood I think that AC3 will feel like a true installation in the series scope/scale wise. Basically, Brotherhood will be acknowledged, but the main story will be a continuation off of AC2 and what we learned from that ending.
#30 Posted by LiquidPrince (15601 posts) -
@DystopiaX:  Jeff said something else in the bombcast, almost jokingly, that I think is the direction they are actually headed. Can't say what hear, because of spoilers.
#31 Posted by Edwardryu (437 posts) -

AC brotherhood is side story for the whole AC. AC 3 will be final chapter to finish all journey. as a matter of fact, Ubisoft just confirmed last week. AC 3 will be released  someday in Q4 2011. after that, there will be no more AC.  
 
by the way, I can't really wait for PC version of AC brotherhood until Feb. 22, 2011. it's too long.I don't understand why it is delay. I don't want to play it with console. well, I don't have one. actually, i don't have time to play with console. always I am in the middle of business trip. so I have to use my laptop.

#32 Posted by MegaGoat (219 posts) -
@Edwardryu said:
" AC brotherhood is side story for the whole AC. AC 3 will be final chapter to finish all journey. as a matter of fact, Ubisoft just confirmed last week. AC 3 will be released  someday in Q4 2011. after that, there will be no more AC.   by the way, I can't really wait for PC version of AC brotherhood until Feb. 22, 2011. it's too long.I don't understand why it is delay. I don't want to play it with console. well, I don't have one. actually, i don't have time to play with console. always I am in the middle of business trip. so I have to use my laptop. "
Evidence...... Go
#33 Posted by Jemenez (274 posts) -

Well, What its looking like from Ubisoft, No.
 
 
I think that Assassin's creed 3 will be a little bit later, Based on what ubisoft is doing. They're going to make spin off games with different Assassins. I mean it's possible. Look at all the Assassins in Altair's tomb. 
 
 
Assassins creed 3 will end the story of Desmond.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.