Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed II

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

The second installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise follows the life of Ezio Auditore da Firenze as he seeks revenge on those who betrayed his family.

Can you run it? says I can...I can't.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So I am trying to play Assassin's Creed 2 on PC and Can you Run it says this - 

Congratulations, your system passes the Recommended requirements! You should have a great experience running this product.  

CPU
    Recommended:  Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better
    You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
    PASS
    RAM
    Recommended:  1.5 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista - Windows 7
    You Have: 3.0 GB
    PASS
    OS
    Recommended:  Windows XP (32 and 64 bit) / Windows Vista (32 and 64 bit) / Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)
    You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
    PASS
    Video Card
    Recommended:  NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or ATI Radeon HD 4700 or better
    You Have: GeForce GTS 250
    PASS
    Features: Recommended attributes of your Video Card
    RequiredYou Have
    Video RAM512 MB1.0 GB
    Hardware T&LYesYes
    Pixel Shader version3.03.0
    Vertex Shader version3.03.0
    DirectX version
    Recommended:  DirectX 9.0
    You Have: 9.0c
    PASS
    Sound Card
    Recommended:  Yes
    You Have: SB 5.1
    PASS
    Free Disk Space
    Recommended:  8 GB
    You Have: 132.8 GB
    PASS

However, it is running terrible and the framerate makes the game unplayable. 

What should I do? 

I would play this on my better PC but I can't at the moment and have no choice but to use this one for a while, why would it say it will work when it is not?
    sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Don't use canyourunit, it's super inaccurate.

I'm mainly saying that because your specs are pretty low that it wouldn't run it well anyway.

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By harris

From skimming your specs it seems like your PC should be able to handle it, perhaps try updating your video card and sound card drivers?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @sodiumCyclops said:
    " Don't use canyourunit, it's super inaccurate.  I'm mainly saying that because your specs are pretty low that it wouldn't run it well anyway. "
    It is past recommend it, not minimum though.
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By shirogane

Lower settings? Though i assume you've already done that... 

Only thing i see there that could be causing these issues is the CPU, or maybe something else on your PC is causing the issues. 

Try lowering all settings first, including resolution, shaders, shadows, textures, everything. Though most of the graphics settings should be fine judging by what you have, mainly anything that requires processor it seems.
    sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By sodiumCyclops
    @NekuSakuraba: that site is about as reliable as the recommended specs on the back of PC game boxes.
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shirogane
    @sodiumCyclops said:
    " @NekuSakuraba: that site is about as reliable as the recommended specs on the back of PC game boxes. "

Well, that's can be either real accurate, or mean nothing at all, depending on who made the game. In this case, i might go with the latter though... 
    But still, those specs look fine for AC2.
    Australia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Australia

If you have a better PC that you can't play it on yet but will have the ability to in the future, just wait dude. 

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Australia said:
    " If you have a better PC that you can't play it on yet but will have the ability to in the future, just wait dude.  "
    I can't wait! I just spent $60 on the game, I was hoping that I didn't have to wait. D:
    Australia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Australia

Well that is a fair point. But I guess it is just a matter of personal preference. I would rather wait and have a good experience then suffer through a lesser quality play through. 

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Shirogane

Only thing i see there that could be causing these issues is the CPU, or maybe something else on your PC is causing the issues. 

Try lowering all settings first, including resolution, shaders, shadows, textures, everything. Though most of the graphics settings should be fine judging by what you have, mainly anything that requires processor it seems.
    What setting would you say?
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Usually ignore the can you run it program, it doesn't mean anything. Alot of ppl with really shitty pc's tries to use that as an excuse that they meet the minium requirements, so don't use it. Maybe overclock your cpu a bit, get a cpu cooler. The game is graphically intensive though, I don't think your videocard can really run it over 30 frames at all times.

I do have theories on the game though. With my slower videocard everything ran well, it's just the frames were a bit lower. With my gtx460 it seems to stutter when I turn the camera around. It probally is one of those games that requires a quad core.  

Besides that, I think if I installed this game to my SSD drive, it's still going to run very fast because maybe some of the stuttering is cased by the level streaming.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By shirogane
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @Shirogane

What setting would you say? "

I'd try dropping everything to lowest. If it runs well, then you can start pushing stuff up that you actually care about and get it as high as you can without losing too much perfomance. 
    If it doesn't run well on lowest...might try updating drivers or the game? Or check some other forums about the game, might have issues with specific hardware you've got.
    Prolix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Prolix

Can you run it, is a fine site.  If you read the words and understand how to use the tool.  It says itself it's final analysis still may not work.  Think of it as a resouscitattion.  If its way off, then you can't, if its close or green.  Do you own research into it and find out properly.  

Obviously, don't completely rely on the site.  You should be checking and double checking the facts, regardless.  But its a great way to get a quick look into your specs.   If you use it often.

I would recommend that you test a handful of games first.  To give you a good idea of how it will read your rig.  Test games you know you can run and others that you can't.  Then you'll have a idea of where you are.  And don't discount it if it reads something that you can run as something you can't.  The meter is still set based on specific parameters, that will give you a solid reflection of your specs.   You just have to pay attention.  

The more you use it, the more accurate the information will be to you.  You have to learn how to ride a bike.  Before you can steal childminders teeth by bashing them in the jaws with a crow bar. 

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By shirogane
    @Prolix said:
    "Can you run it, is a fine site.  If you read the words and understand how to use the tool.  It says itself it's final analysis still may not work.  Think of it as a resouscitattion.  If its way off, then you can't, if its close or green.  Do you own research into it and find out properly.    Obviously, don't completely rely on the site.  You should be checking and double checking the facts, regardless.  But its a great way to get a quick look into your specs.   If you use it often. I would recommend that you test a handful of games first.  To give you a good idea of how it will read your rig.  Test games you know you can run and others that you can't.  Then you'll have a idea of where you are.  And don't discount it if it reads something that you can run as something you can't.  The meter is still set based on specific parameters, that will give you a solid reflection of your specs.   You just have to pay attention.    The more you use it, the more accurate the information will be to you.  You have to learn how to ride a bike.  Before you can steal childminders teeth by bashing them in the jaws with a crow bar.  "

Somehow, i feel "stabbing dudes in the neck" would've been a better fit. 

While i'm back here. There are/were some problems with AC2 running badly on PCs that should've been fine, not sure if they're fixed yet...
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    "

Usually ignore the can you run it program, it doesn't mean anything. Alot of ppl with really shitty pc's tries to use that as an excuse that they meet the minium requirements, so don't use it. Maybe overclock your cpu a bit, get a cpu cooler. The game is graphically intensive though, I don't think your videocard can really run it over 30 frames at all times.

I do have theories on the game though. With my slower videocard everything ran well, it's just the frames were a bit lower. With my gtx460 it seems to stutter when I turn the camera around. It probally is one of those games that requires a quad core.  

Besides that, I think if I installed this game to my SSD drive, it's still going to run very fast because maybe some of the stuttering is cased by the level streaming.

"
    Well that is one big problem, the game stutter's like fucking crazy when I move the camera. A huge problem.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I built a new rig and this was the second game I installed. On my i7, the funniest thing happened, there wasn't any stuttering at all. So I think it might be cpu related. I was looking at the hyperthread and how many was being used, all the threads was being used by this game and there are those out there with the misconception that quad cores or hyperthreads aren't being used. I always knew it would be, that also means I can finally play gta4 and red faction guerilla without problems since open world games utilize more cores.  

Well I thought you would want to know the answer of why it stuttered, i'm using the same gpu and everything runs like flawless now. i 

Okay I just played a bit of gta4, I haven't ran the benchmark before, I did now and it said 60 frames per second averagely. Lol, I use to average like 24 frames, now it's like so much more. I think it's a cpu problem, even though you are using quad, and i7 is really working well for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.