Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed II

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

The second installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise follows the life of Ezio Auditore da Firenze as he seeks revenge on those who betrayed his family.

Protest for real italian dubbers in AC2 voiceovers!

• 73 results
    JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By JudgeDread

dubbing is evil, especially since it delays a lot of games for us english-literate scandinavians

ban all dubbing!!!
    NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By NoXious

I sense a small hint of nationalism, and very little realism. Do you honestly expect them to do dubbings that will only apply to about 5% of their fanbase - when the other 95% could care less/like the current dubbings? To top it off, that 5% fanbase already gets it's own localization!
    I'm happy that most developers ignore the dutch audience and just give us english, I hate Hate HATE! dutch dubs.

Good luck to you and your cause however :)

xdiesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By xdiesp

Americans who like the real deal rather than imitations do still exist... maybe not as many...

joshy9411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By joshy9411

let me put it this way....if a game is made with americans as a target audience then by god thats who their gonna target! im australian, and as far as real australian voice acting in games i have yet to be impressed (have you heard the "aussie" in red faction guerilla? its absolutely pathetic!) these people are not going to pay another set of actors just to have authentic italian voices in their game, its not economicaly practical....theres my 2 cents.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Systech

Italian voice overs or gtfo, Ubisoft. jk. I'm not too concerned or surprised, but I didn't think the voicework in the first game was that good, so I will most assuredly agree with you. I would rather have the real thing any day.

Giuseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Giuseppe

Out of curiosity isn't American Italian more Southern Italian dialect? Like, To be honest my family comes from Florence and Trentino, but I keep hearing from my grandfather that his Italian was very different from other Italian in America. Just asking you seeing how you're living in Italy so you might know.

jedski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By jedski

I have to agree, although I don't speak brilliant Italian I find American  takes on Italian to be pretty sad to be honest. The actor/film look cheap and ignorant...
    My 5 cents I guess...

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By torus
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " it doesnt feel right when a game is taking place in YOUR country and you hear AI of your same nationality speaking the language wrong

as an arab there are tons of american games taking place in the middle east/the holy land, and i like to hear the arabs in the game speak the language right, as i said they did that in the first AC.
    i also speak hebrew but  there arent really that many games concerning israel..

it might not matter to you if you're american since the games are mainly english spoken but it matters to the other continents :D .
    "
    If you remember the game Splinter Cell: Chaos theory, it had real Hebrew and Arabic voices in the Jerusalem level.
    BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59  Edited By BigBoss1911
    @jedski said:
    " I have to agree, although I don't speak brilliant Italian I find American  takes on Italian to be pretty sad to be honest. The actor/film look cheap and ignorant... My 5 cents I guess... "
    Was that necessary?
    jedski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By jedski

Excuse me? 
    I'm just commenting on the stereo typical usage in films. 
    Am I off the mark?Well,  I guess I am

Ok I just read my post. By "American" I mean 'Hollywood"  

aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By aaox
    @Weltal: I know, right? I happen to like the Animus' "Everyone talks like Mario" option. Damn the haters. That thing told me about birds! BIRDS!
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#62  Edited By Griddler

This is hardly the first time stuff like this has happened... I hear Americans doing their shitty, stereotypical impression of what Englishmen sound like and yeah it's annoying as all hell but I'm not going to start a petition about it.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@Will1Lucky said:
    " Actually I would like to say this is incorrect. in AC1 it's explained the language is altered for him so therefore in AC2 the same explanation applies meaning using the current set of voices is actually correct. "
    Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481
    deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This I don't really think will be that much of a problem.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @Keyser_Soze said:
    " Whatsa matta wich yuu! Eh, whatsa matta wich yuu! Why it offend you so much? Wut you don't like Italian-American accents, getout of 'ere. Take a fucking hike. "
    Why you gotta break mah balls about this?!
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Milkman

These boycotts are really getting lazy...

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

This is a fucking joke right?

Ujio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

#68  Edited By Ujio
    @Alexander said:

" Hey Altiar spoke with an American accent and it sounded ridiculous in the medieval context."

True that! Ugh! The voice actor that played Altair in the first game was absolutely horrible! They must have picked him from the "Paul Walker School Acting." Dull, monotone, boring, no inflection or emotional input at ALL during the delivery of his lines! Jesus...that's what really killed the tone of the first game for me personally. Yeah it was repetitive and all that, but damn, when the voice acting for your main character has all the range of a cancerous sore on my dog's testicles that's what really kills it for me.
    delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#69  Edited By delta_ass

The Animus was programmed to use Italian American speech codecs?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By LiquidPrince

Oh my god people should shut up. These complaints are so unnecessary. Like when people were complaining that the Prince of Persia didn't have a Persian accent... I guarantee most people don't even know what a Persian person raised with english as one of their main languages would sound like. Altair's voice made sense in the first one because it was Animus 1.0. Now that they have addressed the complaints somewhat people are still complaining. He's not Italian enough... It's a game.

Boyling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#71  Edited By Boyling

It's probably pretty challenging to find actors with flawless Italian who also can act in English. Most of the dialogue in AC2 seems to be in English. I'm sure they had this fantasy of having a huge cast of great actors who could do justice to both languages, but I suppose they had to make some sacrifices. In my opinion I think they made the better choice, since most people who play the game will know English and not more than a handful of Italian words.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

It's funny as shit cause in the game they purposely have a character say "It's a mi...Mario!"

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
    MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#73  Edited By MasturbatingBear

this is starting to get fucking ridiculous

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Linkyshinks

I hate the lack of authenticity in the voice acting, and it's depiction of historical figures. They've made Medici and Leonardo far removed from what historical texts tell us. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.