Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed II

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

The second installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise follows the life of Ezio Auditore da Firenze as he seeks revenge on those who betrayed his family.

Reasons for getting back in the Animus.

Ryan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Ryan_

since there is that rumor that in assassin's creed 2, their will be an "Altair" character in the french revolution ages, what do you think the reason will be for going back into the animus? i think it is gonna have something to do with that treasure thing, being moved, so they have to find the new location  

code305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By code305

I dont care if Altair is in the future all i want is the game to be good.lol

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Arkthemaniac

There won't be an Animus.

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By vivek

I just want more 3rd person free running, less repetion and more depth to the combat. The Animus was a great tool, though im betting this game will be a prequel

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By DualReaver

Well, it's that, or stare at a white wall.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Captain_Insano

because of that mess of writing on your wall at the end of the game. The chick (whose name I forget) will help you discover more about your 'family' and past incarnations. Your family has a long line of assassins with each generation following in their fathers footsteps until it is eventually revealed that YOUR father was an assassin (please no JFK references though) and then the ultimate game will be your character as an assassin in modern times.

You heard it here first

Also I would like assassinations to be more stealthy and less combat. Perhaps still find out about your target with some of the mini quests but then you get to chose what approach you take. You have to follow the character and work out their routine. You could sneak into their palace and murder them while they sleep. Or attack them stealthily during a masquerade ball or set up a more combat oriented ambush situation

VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VirtuaXav

I'd rather not have an animus at all...I think the storyline of the last game could've held up without it anyway.
    It just seems weird to me, switching back and forth from the past to what is supposed to be the present.

If they get rid of the animus that'd be sweet with me.

uberpwner93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By uberpwner93

It would be cool if it took place exactly where the first one left off and it would be about the protagonist trying to escape the scientists. Guns and free-running included. :)

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Icil

Why wouldn't Desmond get some of those freerunning skills by being in the Animus?

I always expected him to say 'fuck this' and climb his way out of the building.

I think AC2 should have some non-Animus action. Keep the Animus, but have it glitch out to where we start seeing dinosaurs and shit. Then you come back into the future and you have to run across rooftops to escape while helicopters chase you down.

That'd be cool.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pause422

No idea and no care since the first AC bored me within a half an hour.

Avatar image for toxicenchiliada
    toxicEnchiliada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By toxicEnchiliada

The main weapons were guns back then you guys do realize that which means Altair will probably have some gun weapons

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "There won't be an Animus."

Why wouldn't there be?

Anyway, no, it will not have anything to do with treasure. The French Revolution is an infamously bloody conflict and it's a perfect stage for an Assassin. I'm really looking forward to this!
    Cogito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cogito

They never said it would be 'completely' in the french revolution, some of it could be modern day and other parts could be reliving stuff in the animus, you know, recovering secrets from the past and present.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Demyx

I can't for the life of me remember what happens at the end of the game. But just any kind of action that isn't in the animus would be nice.

Ryan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ryan_
    Captain_Insano said:
    Also I would like assassinations to be more stealthy and less combat. Perhaps still find out about your target with some of the mini quests but then you get to chose what approach you take. You have to follow the character and work out their routine. You could sneak into their palace and murder them while they sleep. Or attack them stealthily during a masquerade ball or set up a more combat oriented ambush situation"
    i think if assassin's creed 2 turns into something like that. then it might as well just be another Hitman game. i think that in each game, desmond will use the animus to visit a time period closer and closer to the present until he becomes an assassin in world war 2
    Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Win
    Demyx said:
    "I can't for the life of me remember what happens at the end of the game. But just any kind of action that isn't in the animus would be nice."
    Don't worry, we all tried to forget the horrible ending :P

What happended at the end was :
    ********** SPOILERS ***********

After the final boss battle with Altair's master Desmond gets out of the Animus and the two scientists go to look for the treasure. Desmond then uses his Assassin's vision to look at the floor in the main lab and in the bedroom and he see's bloody writing everywhere.....*credits*

********** SPOILERS ***********
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    xavmeese said:
    "I'd rather not have an animus at all...I think the storyline of the last game could've held up without it anyway.
    It just seems weird to me, switching back and forth from the past to what is supposed to be the present.

If they get rid of the animus that'd be sweet with me."

The story wouldn't had made much sense without it exactly.
    Ryan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ryan_
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "xavmeese said:
    "I'd rather not have an animus at all...I think the storyline of the last game could've held up without it anyway.

If they get rid of the animus that'd be sweet with me."

The story wouldn't had made much sense without it exactly."
    i agree. if desmond was just randomly popping in and out of the third crusade, i would have had more questions than if it was because he got into a machine.
    Avatar image for demonicpoetgamer
    DemonicPoetGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DemonicPoetGamer

On that note I would say that this game will have to have the animus. Partly becuz it is called ASSASINS Creed

Avatar image for demonicpoetgamer
    DemonicPoetGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DemonicPoetGamer

Also I think they would like to show more of a history behind desmond. So we could get a clear picture of who his family was.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "There won't be an Animus."
    Yes there will be... How the hell else will it take place during the 18th century...? It'll probably be the Creed's version of the Animus however since they had Lucy Stillman working as a spy at Abstergo.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PureRok

Anyone who has beaten the first game knows there won't be an Animus. That's impossible. At least, it's impossible where he is. There's no reason to go into it again.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LiquidPrince
    PureRok said:
    "Anyone who has beaten the first game knows there won't be an Animus. That's impossible. At least, it's impossible where he is. There's no reason to go into it again."

Do you think the only people to have an Animus is Abstergo. In case you didn't realize, Lucy Stillman was from the Creed and one of the main engineers of the Animus. Surely she could create another version of it for the Creed.

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I personally enjoyed the switching back and forth between present and past, and I even liked the ending! I wouldn't be surprised if AC2 incorporated some actual gameplay into the present day situations of the game, whilst maintaining the past assassination missions.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PureRok
    LiquidPrince said:
    "PureRok said:
    "Anyone who has beaten the first game knows there won't be an Animus. That's impossible. At least, it's impossible where he is. There's no reason to go into it again."

Do you think the only people to have an Animus is Abstergo. In case you didn't realize, Lucy Stillman was from the Creed and one of the main engineers of the Animus. Surely she could create another version of it for the Creed.

"
    Maybe you should read what I said again.

"it's impossible where he is". Still, there's no reason to go back into the animus either way. Abstergo has what they were after, so the only thing to do is to stop them. Going back to the French Revolution or whatever isn't going to do that. You guys are taking a rumor way too seriously.
    Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Drebin_893

That wasn't funny in the slightest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.