Does anyone understand the multiplayer for this?

#1 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

After going through the tutorial, reading the manual and fumbling around a bit I still have no idea what the hell I'm supposed to be doing or the goal in multiplayer is for this. Has anyone else had a hard time trying to get into it?

#2 Posted by Aetheldod (3579 posts) -

You kill people? D: honestly I cant say ... I stopped playing AC games at 2

#3 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19334 posts) -

I'd want to help, but I haven't touched Assassin's Creed III: Liberation yet. Is it not the standard AC multiplayer?

Ah, apparently it isn't. Weird.

#4 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

@Aetheldod said:

You kill people? D: honestly I cant say ... I stopped playing AC games at 2

It's not your traditional AC multiplayer. It's like a top down location strategy game.

#5 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Yeah I have no clue why the hell they didn't just do the standard AC multiplayer. Even if you have to lower it to like 4 player free for all modes or another downsizing measure anything is better than what it currently is. I can't imagine anyone enjoying what's in there now.

#6 Edited by Kidavenger (3546 posts) -

The "multiplayer" in this game is somehow stupider than even the worst facebook/mobile games, I'm amazed it made it into the finished product.

They make it seem like it's a world conquest type strategy game but it's really just a glorified clickfest, and goddamn are people clicking, it's baffling.

The worst part is everyone that plays it is playing the same side (assassin's) and there is no reward for winning, so a game that should take 7 days to play out finishes every 16 hours and for whatever reason everyone gets right back on and does the same thing all over again.

Stupid game for stupid people I guess....

#7 Edited by grimmspectre18 (70 posts) -

@aetheldod: If you enjoyed 2, Brotherhood holds up I eventually grew to like Revelations but that was after playing 3 and missing having a personable character. I'll keep buying and playing them though hoping to recapture that really good feeling I got from 2. Hell that game got me to buy "The Saboteur" on the off chance it was remotely similar.

#8 Edited by ahgunsillyo (450 posts) -

@msavo: I've played a bit of it and... I maybe have the vaguest sense of what's going on? I spent the past few times I've booted up the game sending every one of my units to the place in, I think, South America to go on a mission to raise one of their stats, after which they are unavailable for 8 hours. During this time, I quite literally can't do anything productive for the game, so I went back to playing the single player.

I get that you're supposed to attack the nodes that the enemy controls and defend your team's nodes against the enemy, but the game fails to give you any sense that what you are doing (which, to be fair, is just tapping icons on the screen and waiting for timers to expire so you can tap on more icons) is in any way having an effect on the current round, let alone furthering your team's cause.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.