So how is this game?

#1 Posted by pompouspizza (294 posts) -

it's on it's way to me, just wondering if it's as good as it looks?.

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@pompouspizza said:

it's on it's way to me, just wondering if it's as good as it looks?.

Its Assassins Creed. If you liked the others so far *maybe 3 hours in* Its not really different. 
#3 Posted by pompouspizza (294 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man: From what you have played does it feel dumbed down or restricted on a handheld?.

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@pompouspizza said:

@The_Laughing_Man: From what you have played does it feel dumbed down or restricted on a handheld?.

Sadly i only got to play it on a display at gamestop. *Waiting for AC3 to come out) And really did not get a feel for it. *Three  hours in as in the demo I played was supposedly 3 hours into the game) 
#5 Posted by bibamatt (1090 posts) -

@pompouspizza said:

The IGN review (the only one I've seen so far, says "Assassin's Creed III: Liberation is a simplified version of the Assassin's Creed franchise. The moves and kills you'd expect are here, but the story is boiled down to be easy to jump in and out of. That takes away some of the excitement in playing through it." Still, a fairly good score! http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/30/assassins-creed-iii-liberation-review

#6 Posted by rolanthas (256 posts) -

Frame rate is horrible. Combat and freerunning seems vastly improved. I'm roughly 1 hour in so far. Maybe because it's a portable title, but the story is progressing at a break neck pace, which I kinda like.

Better than I expected gameplay-wise though. We'll see.

#7 Posted by Mcfart (1728 posts) -

@rolanthas said:

Frame rate is horrible. Combat and freerunning seems vastly improved. I'm roughly 1 hour in so far. Maybe because it's a portable title, but the story is progressing at a break neck pace, which I kinda like.

Did you update your game? How bad is the frame rate? If it's noticeibly bad, then I won't buy.

#8 Posted by Gonmog (602 posts) -

I liked the IGN review. Made it seem as just the game i would like to play.

#9 Posted by rolanthas (256 posts) -

@Mcfart said:

@rolanthas said:

Did you update your game? How bad is the frame rate? If it's noticeibly bad, then I won't buy.

Of course, even before booting it up. Yes, it's noticeably bad I'm afraid, and the game has its share of graphical / model glitches ( NPC models changing in plain view, T poses etc ).

#10 Posted by BlackLagoon (1460 posts) -

Played a little bit of it, and I'm liking it. The cut scenes, graphics, etc. are a bit less elaborate, but it's very much a portable Assassin's Creed with some nice little touches of its own (being able reset to checkpoint when you fail 100% synch is a godsend for completionists). If that's what you want, it certainly delivers.

#11 Posted by rolanthas (256 posts) -

@BlackLagoon: oh yes, checkpoints are very well done. they're frequent enough that I can leave the game at almost any point and not have to replay a huge chunk to get back, and they reload quite fast for full synch replays. It's a bit maddening why they didn't work on improving the fps, or at least stabilize it, since the rest of the game seems very well done so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.