Vita justified

#1 Edited by Totori (559 posts) -

AC game where you play as a female assassin in New Orleans. 

#2 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

needtobuyavita.wma

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (14777 posts) -

The AC series is becoming a little overbearing for me even with the AC3 refresh I feel myself filled with apathy towards the series right now.

#4 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -
@Demoskinos said:
The AC series is becoming a little overbearing for me even with the AC3 refresh I feel myself filled with apathy towards the series right now.
You'll be completely refreshed when you see more AC3
#5 Edited by emergency (1193 posts) -

Reality check.

It's being developed by Ubisoft Sofia who's game development history so far looks like.

  • Mac port of Rayman Raving Rabbids
  • Tech work (not design work) on TC's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
  • Chessmaster DS
  • PS3 Port of Prince of Persia Classic
  • Xbox 360 port of CSI 3 Dimensions of Murder
#6 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -
@emergency said:

Reality check.

It's being developed by Ubisoft Sofia who's game development history so far looks like.

  • Mac port of Rayman Raving Rabbids
  • Tech work (not design work) on TC's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
  • Chessmaster DS
  • PS3 Port of Prince of Persia Classic
  • Xbox 360 port of CSI 3 Dimensions of Murder
I'm sure parts of it are being made all of ubisoft, like all ubisoft games.
#7 Posted by believer258 (11808 posts) -

@emergency said:

Reality check.

It's being developed by Ubisoft Sofia who's game development history so far looks like.

  • Mac port of Rayman Raving Rabbids
  • Tech work (not design work) on TC's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
  • Chessmaster DS
  • PS3 Port of Prince of Persia Classic
  • Xbox 360 port of CSI 3 Dimensions of Murder

Who knows? Maybe Ubisoft Sofia has some crazy talented people just waiting to prove themselves on something that isn't a port.

Or maybe they're just being chosen to make a game solely with the purpose of a quick buck, I don't know.

#8 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

@Totori said:

@Demoskinos said:
The AC series is becoming a little overbearing for me even with the AC3 refresh I feel myself filled with apathy towards the series right now.
You'll be completely refreshed when you see more AC3

I got bored less than 2 hours into AC1, gave AC2 a shot and same result. Still no reason to buy a Vita, or better, not enough reasons to buy a Vita, not even close - for me.

#9 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -
@Contrarian said:

@Totori said:

@Demoskinos said:
The AC series is becoming a little overbearing for me even with the AC3 refresh I feel myself filled with apathy towards the series right now.
You'll be completely refreshed when you see more AC3

I got bored less than 2 hours into AC1, gave AC2 a shot and same result. Still no reason to buy a Vita, or better, not enough reasons to buy a Vita, not even close - for me.

Well that sucks because the assassin's creed games are the best thing to happen to this generation.
#10 Posted by Hunter5024 (5635 posts) -

Although I've been a little wary of the numerous spin off games surrounding the assassins creed franchise, this one actually sounds pretty interesting. I'd love to see some New Orleans in the 1700s, and I've always wanted a female assassin. Although the lack of Desmond is kind of annoying, and if New Orleans ends up being in the main game then I'll pretty much lose interest in this one. Good to see the Vita get a game though.

#11 Posted by Demoskinos (14777 posts) -

@Totori: Can't say I agree with that. Among new IP's I'd put Bioshock at the top of my list for best new IP's to come out of the generation.

#12 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -
@Demoskinos said:

@Totori: Can't say I agree with that. Among new IP's I'd put Bioshock at the top of my list for best new IP's to come out of the generation.

I didn't like bioshock, but infinite looks good
#13 Posted by Nilazz (613 posts) -

If there is no Desmond, are we going to see a new female protagonist in the year 2012?

#14 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Love the look of the character and the setting. Definitely looking forward to getting this already. Pretty cool that they're finally putting in a female player character, it's been something I thought they'd get around to eventually.

#15 Posted by ozzdog12 (859 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@Totori: Can't say I agree with that. Among new IP's I'd put Bioshock at the top of my list for best new IP's to come out of the generation.

100% True

#16 Posted by Calavero (86 posts) -

Well, this does it. If they release more info on this one and it looks good, I'm definately buying a Vita. The only question would be how long should I wait for the price drop.

#17 Posted by Demoskinos (14777 posts) -

@Nilazz: Or ya know... Desmond has a female ancestor...

#18 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -
@Calavero said:

Well, this does it. If they release more info on this one and it looks good, I'm definately buying a Vita. The only question would be how long should I wait for the price drop.

if it does not happen at E3 it's not happening this year.
#19 Posted by Masha2932 (1241 posts) -

I'm still waiting for a price drop. The Vita is too expensive at its current price.

#20 Posted by Bulby33 (589 posts) -

I don't know, there hasn't really been a good handheld Assassin's Creed game yet. But you never know. I'm hoping it's solid.

#21 Posted by deskp (448 posts) -

... but this game should just be on some download service! no need for this to be a vita game really.

I'm anoyed I'll propably miss out on a good AC game cause I don't have a vita.

#22 Posted by iAmJohn (6117 posts) -

Here are the three points from that NeoGAF thread that really caught my eye:

  • "the game has been released as a propaganda tool by Abstergo,who want players to experience a gray area of the Assassin/Templar conflict as an assassin rather than a templar"
  • Someone else is using the Animus
  • Seems Aveline and Connor will meet in Liberation

Think about this for a second, guys. The game is going to involve an assassin character that interacts with the new main character of the franchise and will involve a story that muddies up the assassin's reputation and shows sympathies towards the Templars, because in actuality it's another person in the animus because the game itself is meant to be Abstergo propaganda. How fucking crazy is this?

I might need to go buy a Vita.

#23 Posted by huntad (1931 posts) -

@emergency: Chessmaster DS was the shit!

#24 Posted by BlackLagoon (1410 posts) -

@emergency said:

Reality check.

It's being developed by Ubisoft Sofia who's game development history so far looks like.

  • Tech work (not design work) on TC's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars

Dunno where that's coming from, but it was designed by X-Com creator Julian Gollop, who's been a full time employee of the studio for years. In a recent interview it was mentioned he was working on an unannounced game that's "part of a major Ubisoft franchise" at its Sofia studio, so the game has a wee bit more pedigree than your list would suggest.

#25 Posted by BlackLagoon (1410 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@Nilazz: Or ya know... Desmond has a female ancestor...

That would create a bit of an issue with the franchise's whole "genetic memory" conceit though, since IIRC Ezio got his assassin's lineage from his father's side, which means the memories would be in his Y-chromosome, which only men carry.

For there to be a female ancestor, Desmond would have had to have gotten a separate assassin's lineage from his mother, with at least 50% of those ancestors being female.

#26 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

@Totori said:

@Contrarian said:

@Totori said:

@Demoskinos said:
The AC series is becoming a little overbearing for me even with the AC3 refresh I feel myself filled with apathy towards the series right now.
You'll be completely refreshed when you see more AC3

I got bored less than 2 hours into AC1, gave AC2 a shot and same result. Still no reason to buy a Vita, or better, not enough reasons to buy a Vita, not even close - for me.

Well that sucks because the assassin's creed games are the best thing to happen to this generation.

No. Not at all.

#27 Edited by xyzygy (9949 posts) -

This is pretty stupid.

"Hey, let's put out an exclusive game with an exclusive storyline that has the exact same controls as a console game on a portable that almost no-one owns, and expect it to be a system seller when we could actually just release the game on consoles and have a better effect!"

-.-

The AC franchise just does not fit portable well. They are too caught up in their own universe, they're too deep and there are too many mechanics going on to warrant portable releases. I like to think of it like this: if you're sitting at home with a portable system plugged into a wall playing a game that could be just as easily be played on a controller with a much larger television screen and the comfort of your seating arrangement as opposed to sitting by the wall/charger looking down at a portable then that game should not have been released for portables.

Long story short: portables are meant for shorter, more accessible, burst gaming. Pretty much the exact opposite of what Assassin's Creed is.

#28 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

@Totori said:

@Contrarian said:

@Totori said:

@Demoskinos said:
The AC series is becoming a little overbearing for me even with the AC3 refresh I feel myself filled with apathy towards the series right now.
You'll be completely refreshed when you see more AC3

I got bored less than 2 hours into AC1, gave AC2 a shot and same result. Still no reason to buy a Vita, or better, not enough reasons to buy a Vita, not even close - for me.

Well that sucks because the assassin's creed games are the best thing to happen to this generation.

No. Not at all.

It is all subjective isn't it. If you think AC is the best, then you are right. I think it was boring and I am right. When we talk some good JRPG, especially SRPG like Jeanne D'Arc or Final Fantasy Tactics, then I am interested.

#29 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

@Contrarian said:

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

@Totori said:

@Contrarian said:

@Totori said:

@Demoskinos said:
The AC series is becoming a little overbearing for me even with the AC3 refresh I feel myself filled with apathy towards the series right now.
You'll be completely refreshed when you see more AC3

I got bored less than 2 hours into AC1, gave AC2 a shot and same result. Still no reason to buy a Vita, or better, not enough reasons to buy a Vita, not even close - for me.

Well that sucks because the assassin's creed games are the best thing to happen to this generation.

No. Not at all.

It is all subjective isn't it. If you think AC is the best, then you are right. I think it was boring and I am right. When we talk some good JRPG, especially SRPG like Jeanne D'Arc or Final Fantasy Tactics, then I am interested.

It may be subjective, but it's also very far fetched to claim Assassins Creed as the "best thing to happen this generation."

#30 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -
@iAmJohn said:

Here are the three points from that NeoGAF thread that really caught my eye:

  • "the game has been released as a propaganda tool by Abstergo,who want players to experience a gray area of the Assassin/Templar conflict as an assassin rather than a templar"
  • Someone else is using the Animus
  • Seems Aveline and Connor will meet in Liberation

Think about this for a second, guys. The game is going to involve an assassin character that interacts with the new main character of the franchise and will involve a story that muddies up the assassin's reputation and shows sympathies towards the Templars, because in actuality it's another person in the animus because the game itself is meant to be Abstergo propaganda. How fucking crazy is this?

I might need to go buy a Vita.

Yeah that sounds fucking nuts. I need to see it.
#31 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -
@xyzygy: Well you at the PSP it has like 100, 90 hour long JRPGs that are great. I wouldn't want to sacrifice any of those just because long games are not suppose to be on a handheld. I don't think it's stupid at all to put game people actually want to play on handhelds, instead of a new version of angry birds
#32 Edited by freewilly5 (64 posts) -

Yet another Assassin's Creed spin-off? MUST BUY VITA!!!!

You might as well say Kingdom Hearts 3D = 3DS justified

#33 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -
@freewilly5 said:

Yet another Assassin's Creed spin-off? MUST BUY VITA!!!!

You might as well say Kingdom Hearts 3D = 3DS justified

I'm sure some people are saying that.
#34 Posted by advocatefish (355 posts) -

@huntad: Wait, really?

Also this is one of the few Vita games I'm looking forward to. Super excited.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.