X-Com creator almost certainly working on this

#1 Posted by BlackLagoon (1383 posts) -

I posted this in another thread with all the nonsense that Ubisoft Sofia only did technical work on Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, but I think it deserves it's own thread:

Julian Gollop, creator of the X-Com games, has been working at Ubisoft Sofia as a designer for several years, and in a January interview with Edge Magazine it was stated that he was currently working on an unannounced game that's "part of a major Ubisoft franchise" at its Sofia studio. So, unless Sofia has its hands on a second major franchise, it would seem likely that he's a designer on this. Granted, it's rather different from what he's known for, but still, he's a smart guy and should bring some interesting new ideas to the formula.

#2 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2945 posts) -

Julian Gollop was in fact the creative director of this game, his last at Ubisoft now that he's making a new Chaos.

#3 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

Huh that's pretty cool, never realized that.

Now I'll be extra scrutinous as I work my way through it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.