AC3: Is is possible to liberate entire cities?

#1 Posted by sthusby (382 posts) -

I'm wondering if it is possbile to liberate all burrows in a city? In both Boston and NY, I've only liberated two thirds of the city, and the mission marker for the third one has dissappeared. Is this Ubisoft's way of saying that there has to be a struggle, or is it just a bug? Thanks for the help.

#2 Edited by Ubersmake (754 posts) -

Yes. It's possible. The Assassin Contact marker only shows up permanently when you've uncovered that part of the map, so it appearing and disappearing is possibly a bug. If you're talking about the actual mission markers, I've had them disappear on me before. But the tasks to accomplish what you need to free that part of the city still randomly spawn.

#3 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

Some of the markers need to be found by exploring, they don't just show up on the map.

#4 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

In New York the liberation of the Northern part the markers go away because of a bug. You can still complete it, I had this happen earlier.

#5 Posted by sthusby (382 posts) -

@ChadMasterFlash: I've liberated northern NY. I've not yet liberated southern Boston and western NY. No matter how long I run around, no missons show up. And the markers for the Liberations Contracts have dissappeared. Really annoying. Maybe I have to progress further into the story before I'm allowed to have a full roster of assassins? I have four at the moment.

#6 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

@sthusby: If you're in NY you're far enough to get all the assassin's.

#7 Posted by Ubersmake (754 posts) -

@sthusby said:

@ChadMasterFlash: I've liberated northern NY. I've not yet liberated southern Boston and western NY. No matter how long I run around, no missons show up. And the markers for the Liberations Contracts have dissappeared. Really annoying. Maybe I have to progress further into the story before I'm allowed to have a full roster of assassins? I have four at the moment.

I can't recall what you had to do in Southern Boston, but in Western NY, the missions are totally random. Keep wandering around the burnt out part of the city until you find Rabid Dogs / Sick People / Infected Blankets. They spawn randomly. The logbook should keep a record of how many of each of those you've done. Once you've met all the requirements, the contact should be right in the middle of the burnt out part of the city, where you have to take the pox-infected people.

#8 Posted by sthusby (382 posts) -

@Ubersmake: Yeah I know what I'm supposed to do, the thing is that it's just not happening. Pretty annoying.

#9 Posted by Wheady (106 posts) -

yea, thats the thing with games that have a lot of bugs. when it happens to me it always make me wonder if it's something im doing or if its just another bug, lol.

#10 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Yes it is, I liberated all of Boston, but in NY the west district do not have any Liberation markers at all, and I traversed that area already.

So I don't know if you can liberate that part or not, but meh.

#11 Posted by klingers (5 posts) -

You can liberate all of the areas, but some of them take a lot of searching thanks to bugs. People have said this already, sure, but just wanted to confirm it for y'all so you aren't thinking it's just for one or two people.

It's especially annoying when you are looking for a guy on a random farm. Sometimes you need to leave the area and come back to make them appear again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.