Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

AC3 release date and Hurricane Sandy

• 59 results
    metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By metalsnakezero

So for those of you who are on the east coast will the coming Hurricane going to effect getting your copy of AC3?

I pre-order my copy in the city, Manhattan, so I may not get my copy due to transportation being stopped.

AutomaticOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AutomaticOwl

I'm in Philly. I tried to get the kid at Target yesterday to be a bro and break the street date. No dice.

fezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By fezz

If I have power on Tuesday, I'll probably try to go buy it. If not, I'll wait until it comes back.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PillClinton

So many grammatical and syntactic errors... can't... resist... making comment on it...

solidwolf52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By solidwolf52

In MA, ordered from amazon...I'm less than optimistic about getting it on Tuesday

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Phatmac

You should probably fix your priorities for the impending storm.

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gamestops are closed Monday night. Likely Tuesday as well.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CL60
    Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

AC3 or Most Wanted

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Captain_Insano

Templar conspiracy?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AutomaticOwl said:

No dice.
    murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By murisan

How would you even play it? If you're in the line of this storm, you need to expect to be without power for a few days. I hope you've gotten food and water (canned/bottled), CASH (SUPER FUCKING IMPORTANT), and batteries/flashlights...

gumdealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gumdealer

The obvious answer here is to buy every copy of AC3 and use it as a form of currency in areas without power.

moffattron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By moffattron9000

Mate, you have bigger problems to deal with. Just feel lucky that you know it's coming.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I'd love to see a thread like this during World War 3

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DukesT3

I'm curious to know about pre-orders from like GameStop since they give you 48hrs to pick it up? I'm sure they'll still let you get it whenever or refund whatever you put down on it.

I was in Houston during hurricane Ike which I'm sure was nothing compared to Sandy but still.. good luck duders and god speed.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Animasta

@moffattron9000 said:

Mate, you have bigger problems to deal with. Just feel lucky that you know it's coming.

seriously all y'all need to set your priorities straight

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Blackout62

It's all Ubisoft's scheme! The game is going to be wildly inaccurate but all the historical evidence to prove it as such is kept on the east coast and will be destroyed by the hurricane.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#19  Edited By DarthOrange
    @Animasta said:

@moffattron9000 said:

seriously all y'all need to set your priorities straight

Pretty much this.
    Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By awesomeusername

@metalsnakezero said:

So for those of you who are on the east coast will the coming Hurricane going to effect getting your copy of AC3?

I pre-order my copy in the city, Manhattan, so I may not get my copy due to transportation being stopped.

I'm in the Bronx. My copy is at Best Buy on Fordham but if it's not windy on Tuesday, I'm picking it up. But if it's not windy, that'll mean I have classes.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By awesomeusername

@murisan: @moffattron9000: @Animasta: @DarthOrange:

I highly doubt we'll lose power and all that shizz. We had a hurricane last year here in NY and it came and went. Only the urban parts of NY were flooded. Didn't lose power or anything for where I live.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By murisan

@awesomeusername: Dude, look at the news. This is the first storm since 1991 that has had the conditions to form "the perfect storm." Just... be careful, alright? It's always better to be overprepared than under.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By topsteer

@CL60 said:

I hate that this is what I think of whenever I hear the word hurricane, which is weird because I never really liked him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@murisan said:

@awesomeusername: Dude, look at the news. This is the first storm since 1991 that has had the conditions to form "the perfect storm." Just... be careful, alright? It's always better to be overprepared than under.

Don't confuse sensationalism with an accurate metric. The storm has the very slim potential of turning into something very big ("Frankenstorm") but by most meteorological reports, we are experiencing a pretty typical CAT 1 Hurricane. It's not the end of the world - some places will get flooded, tree branches will cause some sparse property damage and road obstructions, stores will be closed, power may go out in some places.

Don't fuel the scare tactics.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By murisan

@allworkandlowpay: Okay bro. Whatever you wanna believe. The point is that this hurricane cannot be accurately predicted because we lack computer models for something like this in the current status of the ocean currents/temperatures. I'm not buying into media "sensationalism," I'm buying into science. But hey, if you think it's NBD, go ahead, get drowned.

moffattron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By moffattron9000

@allworkandlowpay said:

@murisan said:

Don't confuse sensationalism with an accurate metric. The storm has the very slim potential of turning into something very big ("Frankenstorm") but by most meteorological reports, we are experiencing a pretty typical CAT 1 Hurricane. It's not the end of the world - some places will get flooded, tree branches will cause some sparse property damage and road obstructions, stores will be closed, power may go out in some places.

Don't fuel the scare tactics.

Down here in Christchurch everyone told us that after the September quake that there probably wouldn't be one that big again. In February last year we got a much worse one. Never discount the idea of it getting worse, and just take care of yourself.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

I live in such an area where I'm almost certainly going to be one of the last ones to get their power back, based on the population density, or lack thereof, of my area. I live in a town (a "village," technically) of less than a hundred people, for what it's worth.

At least I have a reasonably decent generator, I guess.

Back on topic, though. Even if I wanted to drive out in a hurricane and get AC3, everything is going to be completely flooded in my area. That was the case with Irene, at least.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@murisan said:

@allworkandlowpay: Okay bro. Whatever you wanna believe. The point is that this hurricane cannot be accurately predicted because we lack computer models for something like this in the current status of the ocean currents/temperatures. I'm not buying into media "sensationalism," I'm buying into science. But hey, if you think it's NBD, go ahead, get drowned.

I don't think you understood what I said.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#29  Edited By gla55jAw

I'm on Long Island and have it ordered from Amazon. I don't know if UPS is going to be delivering, plus I probably won't have power by later tonight.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By murisan

@allworkandlowpay: I'm pretty sure I did, but I admit I was drinking last night. That being said, I read " The storm has the very slim potential of turning into something very big ("Frankenstorm") but by most meteorological reports, we are experiencing a pretty typical CAT 1 Hurricane. It's not the end of the world - some places will get flooded, tree branches will cause some sparse property damage and road obstructions, stores will be closed, power may go out in some places."

I'm not saying we should call it frankenstorm, that's stupid shit, but I AM saying that people should prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Is that not a good idea?

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NegativeCero

@awesomeusername said:

@murisan: @moffattron9000: @Animasta: @DarthOrange:

I highly doubt we'll lose power and all that shizz. We had a hurricane last year here in NY and it came and went. Only the urban parts of NY were flooded. Didn't lose power or anything for where I live.

Yeah, never lost power where I'm at either. Although, I think by the time it got to us it had been downgraded to a tropical storm.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lord_Xp

I'm in Ohio and we are hit with a lot of rain and high winds also, granted it's nothing like being on the coast thankfully. But I'll still be going to the midnight release because the lines are going to be short due to the weather plus I get off work right next to Gamestop anyways. My luck there will still be a lot of people and my theory is actually shitty.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#33  Edited By Video_Game_King
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By awesomeusername

@murisan: Looking out the window now and there's only a small wind going by. Nothing bad. The worse that will happen is a couple trees go down if the wind speeds up later. That's what happened last year. Trust me, where I live, I'm safe. Now the suburbs are a different topic entirely. If it actually starts pouring, there streets will get flooded and they'll lose power because that's what happened to them last year. I'm sure I'm safe.

@moffattron9000: I was on the toilet when that quake happened last year. I only felt a tiny tremor but I was confused.

@NegativeCero: Where are you? The worse we got, as said above, was a couple trees blown down here up in the Bronx.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By Getz

Mine's being shipped, so I'm guessing it'll be quite a delay on that getting to me. Oh well, I probably won't have power for a while anyway so it doesn't matter. Fuck nature.

Mushy46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mushy46

Thank God I moved from the East Coast to California. I will have mine at midnight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@murisan said:

@allworkandlowpay: I'm pretty sure I did, but I admit I was drinking last night. That being said, I read " The storm has the very slim potential of turning into something very big ("Frankenstorm") but by most meteorological reports, we are experiencing a pretty typical CAT 1 Hurricane. It's not the end of the world - some places will get flooded, tree branches will cause some sparse property damage and road obstructions, stores will be closed, power may go out in some places."

I'm not saying we should call it frankenstorm, that's stupid shit, but I AM saying that people should prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Is that not a good idea?

There's a difference between preparing for a worst case scenario (within reason ) and falling into a fear-induced panic. I'm hearing a lot of people acting like this is the worst storm to ever hit the area, and the news is propagating it. Be prepared, but don't fall into the fear, is all I'm saying.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By murisan

@allworkandlowpay: I agree. Def. think it's a good idea to have some canned food, bottled water, cash and batteries. But, that's just solid advice.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vikingdeath1

NEITHER RAIN, NOR SLEET, NOR SNOW! Our packages MUST arrive!

The Mailman's Creed is more powerful than any other!

uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By uberexplodey

@Video_Game_King said:

@AutomaticOwl said:

I'm in Philly.

You're fine.

Almost forgot we have that continuously playing in the background over here, I feel fine now.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By NegativeCero

@awesomeusername: Suffolk County on Long Island. I do remember there were some areas who did lose power for a while, just not in my area.

fisher81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By fisher81

@Mushy46 said:

Thank God I moved from the East Coast to California. I will have mine at midnight.

3 AM*

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By iamjohn

@metalsnakezero said:

I called the Gamestop in Manhattan my copy is pre-ordered at a little earlier to see if they'd have them tomorrow. No one's there. This shit is weird, man.

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By CJduke

@solidwolf52 said:

In MA, ordered from amazon...I'm less than optimistic about getting it on Tuesday

I just checked amazon is not sending my order until november 1st! (I'm in MA too) I chatted with them online to make sure it was about the storm and the lady online claimed it was because the demand for the item was high and I have 2 day shipping so they are shipping it 2 days after release, which is total bullshit I always get release date shipping, so I'm thinking the lady didn't know what she is talking about and it is because of the storm. Otherwise amazon screwed me good. This sucks.

solidwolf52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By solidwolf52

@CJduke: I actually received an email this morning saying that mine had shipped and was expected to be delivered tomorrow. Where about in MA are you? I'm only a half hour west of Boston. Maybe depending on the area the shipping is different.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By colourful_hippie

I was getting it on PC so it won't be out for a while and even if it was same day I would have had it already preloaded and ready to be unlocked come midnight thanks to Steam.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By firecracker22

It's too bad. Where I'm at, in Yonkers, the storm doesn't seem as bad as the boroughs or the other counties. But, I've tried calling my gamestop store...and they don't even pick up. So, they're probably closed for today. And with the state of alert up for tomorrow as well, I wouldn't be surprised to see if they don't open until Wednesday. Halloween.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By ArtisanBreads

This plus a test for school are going to make me miss out on this until the weekend. Make no mistake I will be getting this by the weekend though. So excited.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Local place will be open weather permitting.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By firecracker22

Makes sense. I probably call at around 9, just in case. And if not, call and see if tomorrow is possible. If not, then I'll just have to wait.

No dice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.