Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

ACIII Season Pass - is it worth it?

acl5d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By acl5d

The season pass claims that there will be five downloadable content packs included over the next few months. At first I thought they were all going to be story expansions, and I was all for that. However, after browsing the currently available ACIII DLC, I saw that there is a Customization Pack (costumes, colors, etc) and a Multiplayer Pack (unlock all multiplayer abilities instantly without leveling up). These are, let's face it, crimes against humanity. Is this what's to be expected from the Season Pass? Because if it is, I refuse to give Ubisoft any money for this.

Killercombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2  Edited By Killercombo

I am sure they came out and talked about some SP DLC already, but I guess the majority of the Season Pass stuff will be MP: I would wait until they talk more about it first before buying it.

RAMBO604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RAMBO604

Three of the five pieces of DLC for the season pass are the alternate history "Tyranny of King George" story missions, they announced this several weeks ago. The storyline is broken into three pieces of DLC and deals with a side story unrelated to the main game where George Washington becomes king instead of president.

The other two who knows, probably map packs for multiplayer there was around two packs for Brotherhood and Revelation I believe.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By colourful_hippie

Can't you buy those passes anytime you want? Just get the season pass after most of the content comes out and decide if they're worth the price of the season pass.

mcmax3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#5  Edited By mcmax3000

@Colourful_Hippie said:

Can't you buy those passes anytime you want? Just get the season pass after most of the content comes out and decide if they're worth the price of the season pass.

Yeah, unless you need to have the content day one, I'd wait until the stuff is all out, or at the very least, until it has been announced what all five packs will contain, before you make your decision. If you're just into single player story content, it might be cheaper to just buy that stuff separately.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I bet 2 of those might be the missions that come with the different ''special editions'' whatever theyre called, or has it been confirmed otherwise

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bwheeeler

@mcmax3000 said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

Yeah, unless you need to have the content day one, I'd wait until the stuff is all out, or at the very least, until it has been announced what all five packs will contain, before you make your decision. If you're just into single player story content, it might be cheaper to just buy that stuff separately.

Not to mention season passes tend to go down at least 25% at some point before all the DLC is released, at least on the Xbox.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By MrOldboy

These season passes still confuse me. If they offer to sell them indefinitely why would people not wait at least until the first DLC is released? The marketing should be more like preorder bonuses if they want people to jump into these head first. "Hey guys, get the season pass, only available for a limited time. You'll get a discount for putting your faith in us before any content is released." 2 months later... Shows up for sale again.

Have any publishers said explicitly that their season pass for a game will only be available for a limited time and given a date for cutoff and actually pulled it from purchase?

I bought the LA Noire pass well afteer release at like half off or something on XBLA.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By firecracker22

I think LA Noire was the only one that had that a limited time pricing at the beginning, which I also think was the first season pass as well to hit consoles. And then it got lowered again, probably when you bought it.

The bigger discount for a limited time is what should be the drive, but they seem to have kinda dropped that. I guess it's better this way, though, since people can wait and decide.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Lord_Xp

For the ps3 version, we get an additional 4 dlc single player dlc dealing with Benedict Arnold in either one of those or all of them cut up. Xbox finally doesn't get something that ps3 does. Thankfully it's for one of my favorite franchises to. I can't remember exactly. Then there's the 3 piece King George with a side of MP maps I'm going to assume. I might just buy them individually since I don't like MP in Assassin's Creed really.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.