Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Am I the only one....

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 46

#1  Edited By Colonel_Pockets

Am I the only one that loved this game? I feel like after the reactions to this game I am. Of course I had only one major glitch. I recently S ranked this game and loved every second of it.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

Nope, I loved it too. People are reacting like this, I feel, because they think it's supposed to be the last game, or the last game with Desmond and that the ending didn't resolve much. But I look at it as another cliff hanger ala AC2 and ACB. So the ending makes me excited for the next AC sequel.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

@LiquidPrince:

It may be more because the game's a big AAA game in a long-ish running franchise or something like that. Also:

OBLIGATORY!

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kedi2

I really enjoyed it as well. It really bums me out how people talk shit about it.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Sackmanjones

Probably

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I had issues when I got a game breaking bug in the ninth chapter. So I had to give up. 

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By huntad

I enjoyed almost every bit of it. I had a great time with it! :)

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Colonel_Pockets

Ya I will admit the desmond ending was poor but I got so much enjoyment of the game it didn't matter to me. Running around the frontier, collecting feathers, the naval combat was all very fun to me. I went back to revelations to see how much the mechanics have changed. That games combat is horrible. The janisseries are just a hassle not a challenge. The running felt like he was running on nothing. The mechanics in AC3 were improved a lot.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By evanbower

Yeaaaah, I didn't enjoy it. And it had nothing to do with any sort of glitches. I couldn't pick out one single mission that stood out as memorable, and I only played it about a month ago.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Wemibelle

I've only played a little bit, but it didn't grab me at all in my time playing (which I will admit is about two or three hours). I think I may just be burned out on the AC experience, a feeling I think many people share and may explain the widespread annoyances.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By colourful_hippie

Ugh

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Colonel_Pockets

Its funny to because I hated revelations. I was burned out on AC but this game just grabbed me. Similar to Red Dead Redemption. Except I enjoyed the side content much more in AC3.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lukeweizer

Not even going to read the fucking post... NO, YOU'RE NEVER "THE ONLY ONE".

blueinferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By blueinferno

I liked AC 3. But the sequences where you're playing as Desmond were bullshit and the ending was...bullshit.

TMBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By TMBaker

@LiquidPrince said:

Nope, I loved it too. People are reacting like this, I feel, because they think it's supposed to be the last game, or the last game with Desmond and that the ending didn't resolve much. But I look at it as another cliff hanger ala AC2 and ACB. So the ending makes me excited for the next AC sequel.

This is pretty much how I feel too, ending got me eager to see what the next asscreed will be about.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By KaneRobot

At this point I'm convinced that anyone who says "Am I the only one..." is just messing with us. Using it as your subject line is on another level entirely.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By laserbolts

AC 3 was a pretty awful game IMO. I was disappointed with how buggy and unfinished it was. At least at launch anyway. The missions were pretty forgettable and boring as well. Too many eavesdropping and chases going on. Connor was a pretty dull character and I preferred Haytham. The convoy trading stuff was also pretty pointless and I didn't care for the homestead missions. I enjoyed the ship battles and a couple of the peg leg missions.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Getz

There's just so many useless mechanics, the story has a few key high points but for the most part crawls at a snail's pace and then speeds up way too fast at the end. Connor just plain sucks as a character. It's the little things that make AC III such a disappointment. It was just OK, that's my take on it. Didn't hate it, didn't love it, left feeling like it could have been so much more.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By IBurningStar

If I had a dollar for every time someone posted a thread title with "am I the only one" in it...

Anyway, I liked the game. It wasn't as good as II or Brotherhood, but still found it to be enjoyable.

Camoufrage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Camoufrage

I didn't LOVE it, but it was OK. The plot of Connor was pretty good but Desmond's story fell apart around... 5 minutes into AC1?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BisonHero

@Camoufrage said:

I didn't LOVE it, but it was OK. The plot of Connor was pretty good but Desmond's story fell apart around... 5 minutes into AC1?

Well, in AC1, there was honestly still hope for Desmond's story because nobody knew the completely stupid direction they were going to take it in. But yeah, once you hit AC2 territory and get into bullshit precursor races and world-ending cataclysms, the series was fucking stupid.

Camoufrage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Camoufrage

@BisonHero: You're right, actually. Back in AC1 it was just evil company takes Desmond because war plot, huh? It still had some kind of potential, though still worthless nonetheless because no one cares about Desmond, its the ancestors that matter.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BisonHero

@Camoufrage: Yeah, the ancestors have always been the part of that series that wasn't dogshit, but at least the STUNNING DESMOND REVEAL at the end of AC1 was vague and open-ended in a way that allowed for some cool possibilities. But every STUNNING DESMOND REVEAL after that just spiraled the present-day storyline further into absurdity.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#24  Edited By Claude

This game couldn't even massage my prostate to orgasm. To each their own though. Fuck it.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#25  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

I didn't enjoy the way they simplified the gameplay, the mission design, and I think the much more open areas pretty much kill the free-climbing aspect of the game. Stopped like half way through the game because I just wasn't having fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.