Any Info on PC Release?

#1 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4420 posts) -

One thing's for sure and that is that I want to get the PC version of AC III but the only thing I've seen about its release date is November. Is there any other info on a specific date of when it's coming out?

#2 Posted by Killercombo (227 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie: it is the 23rd of November in the UK (so 20th in the US) only Steam has not yet given a price or if they have a Limited/Deluxe edition: everywhere else it is not Steam enabled (unless stated) including the DVD version.

Hitman is on the US date and Far Cry the week after too :(

#3 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4420 posts) -

@Killercombo: November is going to be busy. Thanks!

#4 Posted by SpartanHoplite (388 posts) -

Hitman, Far Cry & AC, whoah!

#5 Posted by Genkkaku (737 posts) -

@SpartanHoplite: Isn't Far Cry early December?

#6 Posted by Killercombo (227 posts) -

@Genkkaku: oh sorry in the UK its the 30th, US is 4th so the one time the game is early here it has to be the worst time!

#7 Posted by SpartanHoplite (388 posts) -

@Genkkaku

November 29 for EU, anyways, i seriously need to start getting through of my backlog or i'll never get to play all these shiny new games coming out left & right :D

#8 Posted by Christoffer (1868 posts) -

I'm creeped out by you having Bob Ross as an Avatar since I discovered Bob Ross the same week I started playing AC1 (In june 2012, I just finnished AC2).

The thing is, I think I adore Bob Ross.

#9 Posted by Genkkaku (737 posts) -

@Killercombo: @SpartanHoplite: Oh you lucky people you.. In Aus its also the 4th, and currently that's my most anticipated game.. Hitman is a very very close second

#10 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

Dammit! I was sorta hoping it'd be up for purchase on Steam at midnight tonight... Poo.

#11 Posted by Snail (8617 posts) -

Shit, I just remembered I haven't played through Revelations yet.

Gotta get busy with that.

#12 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4420 posts) -

@Christoffer said:

I'm creeped out by you having Bob Ross as an Avatar since I discovered Bob Ross the same week I started playing AC1 (In june 2012, I just finnished AC2).

The thing is, I think I adore Bob Ross.

Well it's his birthday today. So go paint some happy little trees.

@Snail: You wouldn't be missing out much at all if you just skipped it anyways.

#13 Posted by gaminghooligan (1465 posts) -

As much as I'd love to wait for the PC release, there's no way I'll be playing AC3 when Hitman is out so I'll just settle for the Xbox version of this one.

#14 Edited by emem (1968 posts) -

Well, they (once again, in my case) sold one less copy of the game at full price by delaying the PC version... I'm glad Hitman gets released for all the platforms at the same time, it looks way more interesting to me anyway.

#15 Posted by Jahbu (21 posts) -

I'm kinda worried guys...I hope the PC version turns out right. A lot of time when the PC version gets delayed its tends not to be a good sign:(

#16 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4420 posts) -

@Jahbu: Arkham City was delayed but it's a great port and all of the past AC games on PC have been great ports besides the shit DRM.

#17 Posted by Killercombo (227 posts) -

@Jahbu said:

I'm kinda worried guys...I hope the PC version turns out right. A lot of time when the PC version gets delayed its tends not to be a good sign:(

I would normally agree but Ubisoft ALWAYS delay the AC games on PC, this is the least time we have had to wait versus the other games, which turned up months after.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.