Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Anyone else having a problem with twin holsters?

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By xxizzypop

I keep trying to equip two multi-barrel pistols, and it usually works until the game cuts to a load, then the second pistol is switched out for the Pitcairn pistol. It wouldn't be quite such a bummer if it had more than one barrel.

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By ahgunsillyo

Yup. I also had this problem. It's rather annoying, especially since there are a few pistols in the game that are better than the Pitcairn one that keeps showing up in your right holster. Unfortunately, as far as I know, the only option is to just wait for the developers to fix it in a patch, if they actually go about doing so.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#3  Edited By StarvingGamer

Yeah, happens to everyone, it's a weird bug.

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xxizzypop

@ahgunsillyo: That's... incredibly frustrating. Would it have occurred if I hadn't crafted the Pitcairns? While this certainly isn't the most gamebreaking bug, it's the most annoying one I've run across so far. It seems to entirely defeat the purpose of having twin holsters.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Clonedzero

@xxizzypop said:

@ahgunsillyo: That's... incredibly frustrating. Would it have occurred if I hadn't crafted the Pitcairns? While this certainly isn't the most gamebreaking bug, it's the most annoying one I've run across so far. It seems to entirely defeat the purpose of having twin holsters.

im pretty sure the pitcairn pistol is a story reward after you shank that dude, cus i got them and i didnt do any crafting at all.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Klei

Happened to me too. I just can't fathom how it got a pass through the QA. My bet is that Ubi knows about it and decided to patch it later.

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ahgunsillyo

@Clonedzero said:

@xxizzypop said:

im pretty sure the pitcairn pistol is a story reward after you shank that dude, cus i got them and i didnt do any crafting at all.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. So there's basically nothing you can do to avoid it, I guess. I guess it's still better to have one extra shot before you have to reload, but yeah, it is really unfortunate.

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xxizzypop

@Klei: I was going to make the QA complaint as well, but considering there are so many bugs that people have experienced that actually break the game and hinder their progress, being denied one extra shot isn't nearly as tragic.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By StarvingGamer

@xxizzypop said:

@Klei: I was going to make the QA complaint as well, but considering there are so many bugs that people have experienced that actually break the game and hinder their progress, being denied one extra shot isn't nearly as tragic.

What are these bugs? I keep hearing about these bugs but I am halfway through Sequence 12 and have not experienced a single game-breaking bug and maybe a dozen tiny bugs that set me back a minute of playtime or less.

kgb0515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By kgb0515

I haven't experienced this particular bug, but I have noticed that if I buy arrows at a shop, they will randomly disappear during cut scenes, and then be gone from my inventory afterward. The same happened to my tomahawk during a cinematic that led up to a fight sequence. I had to resort to using my hidden blades, and that was a pain since there were a few of the big axe weilding brutes surrounding me. I couldn't get it back until I visited another shop. Quite frustrating.

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xxizzypop

@StarvingGamer: Plenty of people have reported on here issues with liberation missions beyond having to just search them out, issues with geometry, occasionally combat, scripting, and inventory issues aplenty.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By N7
    @StarvingGamer said:

@xxizzypop said:

What are these bugs? I keep hearing about these bugs but I am halfway through Sequence 12 and have not experienced a single game-breaking bug and maybe a dozen tiny bugs that set me back a minute of playtime or less.

Well the biggest bug for me was 100%'ing everything only to come up short for my Delivery Requests. I eventually went back and searched both cities from top to bottom and found nothing. Then I went to the Frontier to do the same. I eventually found the one guy I was missing but he was glitched into the ground. He rode his invisible elevator up to the ground and for me to finally accept the mission and then eventually get 100% on everything. Even using Eagle Vision I could not see him glowing because he wasn't anywhere in sight(He was under the ground). It was only until I got within the same amount of distance it takes to have the icon pop up on the map did he come up top.

Other than that, I've died during a mission or failed at something and when the game reloaded, it loaded before the screen changed and so the world and everything was actually active while I wasn't actually able to do anything. It caused me to fail the final mission quite a few times, with it coming out of the load screen at me very, very far away from my target.

Also, when I was in the New York underground I picked up an explosive barrel and every sound file in the game seemed to trigger so loud I actually got a headache. Then the screen turned grey and the Connor icon was replaced by the fast-travel symbol. I had to restart my console for that one.

I haven't found any massive-massive bugs, but certainly some really annoying inconveniences.
    ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ahgunsillyo

@StarvingGamer: None of the bugs I've experienced really broke the game for me (though I have experienced a couple instances where the game has locked up). There are just a lot of strange little bugs littering the game, some more annoying than others. One time, one of my Assassination Targets clipped through and got trapped within a horse-drawn caravan (I had to get far enough away for him to respawn when I came back), which was slightly amusing and annoying at the same time. A bunch of AI and scripting issues that made some of the missions, especially the eavesdropping portions of certain missions, a lot more frustrating than they needed to be. Performance issues like framerate and texture and geometry loading, et cetera.

One of the most annoying ones that I've encountered aside from the dual holster thing is that the trading menu is bugged in general stores such that I can't select anything that Connor has on him (like pelts that he skinned) to load onto convoys; I have to go back to the Homestead if I want to trade pelts and things, as it actually works over there. Really inconvenient.

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xxizzypop

@N7: I'm glad I'm not the only one who ran in to an issue with that in the final mission. I was initially trying to keep within the parameters of the optional objective (within 50m) but after restarting about ten times, I was willing to settle for just getting past the damned thing.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By StarvingGamer

@N7: @ahgunsillyo: Yeah, I've had similar problems with a fort captain once spawning under the ground and an assassination target spawning inside of a carriage, but those were easy easy to solve with a quick travel away and a quick travel/run back. Less than a minute lost in both circumstances.

It sounds like both of your experiences have been pretty in-line with mine, just a few minor annoyances (outside of that crazy mission reload thing you experienced). I still don't understand why everyone is acting like this is the most broken game ever though.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By N7
    @xxizzypop said:

@N7: I'm glad I'm not the only one who ran in to an issue with that in the final mission. I was initially trying to keep within the parameters of the optional objective (within 50m) but after restarting about ten times, I was willing to settle for just getting past the damned thing.

Yeah I know right? Sometimes it would load right when it was supposed to, and some other times it would load and he was at least 48m away.
    xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xxizzypop

@StarvingGamer: I think it's just a matter of hyperbole, but this is a major title in a popular franchise that is finally returning and throwing a number on it. To be saddled with as many technical difficulties, minor as they may be, is pretty unacceptable, and if someone manages to be the unlucky one who runs across the entire pile, this game would feel pretty fucking broken.

I've lucked out, my experience has been relatively decent, but saddled with enough little frustrations to mar my overall opinion of it, to say nothing of how the story performs.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By StarvingGamer

@xxizzypop: I suppose that's my point though. The game I've experienced, and the few specific examples I've heard described by others, make the game out to be no more broken than any other AAA games I've played recently, open-world jank aside.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By avantegardener

Buggiest AC I ever played, constant notification repeatiton, weapon selection issues and that bloody bag clipping!

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Aishan

You actually get a gun in your second holster? I didn't even get that much, just an empty holster hanging off Connor's belt.

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xxizzypop

@Aishan: Try going into the basement and selecting a weapon off a rack at the homestead, or purchasing a new one from a general store.

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Aishan

@xxizzypop: Done that. It puts a second gun into my holster until I leave the zone, at which point it just simply disappears.

cclemon36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cclemon36

@Aishan said:

You actually get a gun in your second holster? I didn't even get that much, just an empty holster hanging off Connor's belt.

Yep, I've got that problem, too. Instead of my second pistol reverting to a crappy one, it keeps disappearing on me. Oh well.

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xxizzypop

I'm suddenly so much more grateful for the way my game has opted to bug then, sheesh

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thomasnash

@StarvingGamer said:

@xxizzypop: I suppose that's my point though. The game I've experienced, and the few specific examples I've heard described by others, make the game out to be no more broken than any other AAA games I've played recently, open-world jank aside.

I dunno, occasional NPCs-stuck-in-geomotry stuff is irritating, but seems to happen in a lot of opedn world games, I get that. But it happens a lot to me. Although not as much as AI characters randomly appearing out of and disappearing into thin air.

But I don't think I've ever played a game that can't properly keep track of your inventory. I've been having the gun/holster issue, but I feel like I literally cannot retain bait between loads. It could be worse, it could be bullets I suppose, but there's a hunting challenge that needs it. On one of the naval missions I had a bug where I was going back to the last checkpoint, which was at the beginning of a (short) cutscene, and the camera didn't reset at the end of it, so I just saw the ships sailing away while the camera was stuck. It's nothing game breaking, sure, but I think it goes beyond "open world jank."

And I like the game. I've had a lot of fun with it, and a few moments of intense frustration. I even think there are seeds of something pretty great in Connor's story, but man. I have to agree, it's pretty shameful to put out a game in this state.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By Genkkaku

@xxizzypop: You can equip a dual sho gun, then equip another dual shot gun, and when the game bugs out your second gun should be the other dual shot gun.. that's what I ended up doing to get my 4 shots

@Aishan said:

@xxizzypop: Done that. It puts a second gun into my holster until I leave the zone, at which point it just simply disappears.

I had this bug you just have to live with it till you hit the next sequence and then it morphs into the two different guns bug..

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By StarvingGamer

@thomasnash: I can't speak to the bait thing, I never bothered to use it while trapping after the tutorial. But even the broken camera after resetting a mission thing seems par for the course for video games in general nowadays. I honestly can't remember a game I've played since 2010 where something like that hasn't happened at least once.

Maybe I'm just the lucky one. I have never seen an NPC spawn in the air and only twice had a quest NPC in the geometry. I've completed every liberation mission and have been doing all the homestead missions and forts etc, basically all the side-stuff I can find. The reactions people are having to this game are a bit crazy-making for me. AC:Bro and AC:Rev had moments that I found so frustrating, I actually felt the need to tweet about them. I haven't come anywhere near that level of frustration with ACIII.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By laserbolts

I didn't even know you could hold 2 guns. I think this is the first AC game that I never bought a single weapon out of the shops. The only thing I bought in the whole game was the treasure maps. I hate how you have to equip the ability to whistle for your horse. Why the fuck do you have to do that and every time it just switches back to something else. As if the horse riding wasn't annoying enough. Just thinking about that game annoys me at this point.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By Wuddel

Same here. I like it, but man this game is buggy. Also the UI to select your pistol is terrible.

noremnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By noremnants

@ahgunsillyo: There should be a patch in about a week or so based on what the developers said in their Reddit AMA.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.