Anyone notice the improved faces?

#1 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

Seriously, of all the things the multiple demos showed off at E3 it was the facial animations that surprised me the most. Not only on Connor's face but on the NPCs too. There is a particular scene where Connor is talking to someone in a camp during the Ubisoft demo that impressed me. Now it's not LA Noire facial animation but it's pretty good for something running on a PS3.

What impressed you the most? Is your excitement greater or lesser after E3? Personally I can't wait for October 30th.

#2 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

The Combat looks a little more like Batman which is fucking amazing in my book.

#3 Posted by FritzDude (2262 posts) -

I was to busy looking at the improved water.

#4 Edited by Master_Funk (732 posts) -

Every component of this game that I've seen so far looks incredibly polished. I just hope they can find a way to make vertical traversal as interesting as it was in the previous games, since there wasn't much in the way of grand architecture during the period.

#5 Posted by awesomeusername (4174 posts) -

No duh! It's a new/super upgraded engine. 3 years does that.

#6 Edited by ShinyTan (43 posts) -

From what I have heard, they say they did the mo-cap, voice acting and... face acting at the same time.

Granted, they said they used more L.A. Noire and Mo-cap in revelations and those models looked weird.

#7 Posted by Wheady (106 posts) -

Everything looks better in this game. I was a little worried about the tree-climbing aspect, but it looks really smooth. The combat also looks a lot more fast paced and I can't wait to grab this in October. Now if they would only announce some NA CE's so I can pre-order it! lol.

#8 Posted by Benny (1950 posts) -

I'm so glad they've improved so much, because Desmond seriously looked like a corpse in revelations.

#9 Posted by adam1808 (1448 posts) -

Eye movements impressed me the most, that one dialogue scene between Connor and the Soldier was great to watch.

#10 Posted by Largo6661 (333 posts) -

Conner's movement impressed me, it just looked so fluid and natural

#11 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

At first I read the title as "improved feces.". Just thought you all should know. Whelp...bye.

#12 Posted by DeF (4855 posts) -

By not playing Revelations until sometime this summer, I think I might have a nice surprise waiting for me when I then play ACIII right after!

#13 Posted by fetchfox (1260 posts) -

Yeah, it all looks a lot better. I've played the previous games to death, so a new engine in a polished, proper sequel? Probably day one. I'm dieing for a good Assassins game (Revelations was a bit disappointing..). Though now that I've got a high end pc, I'm not so sure that I'll get it for ps3.

#14 Posted by Baconbot (115 posts) -

@Largo6661 said:

Conner's movement impressed me, it just looked so fluid and natural

I was noticing this too. THe game is looking pretty great.

#15 Posted by Gravier251 (217 posts) -

Yeah, does seem much improved. Though I am wondering if they have ditched the whole Animus aspect that had Altair and Ezio look near identical to Desmond in terms of facial structure and the scar on the lip. Always figured it was an Animus thing where they kind of just see themselves and what is familiar, rather than the actual ancestor. Hoped the wardrobe and facial change of Desmond in Revelations was a result of his fragmented mind and the bleed over from his ancestors muddling his facial features. Might have just been a matter of lazyness or something I suppose :/

Still, faces in 3 are looking much better.

#16 Posted by Redsox44 (482 posts) -

Yes that conversation with the soldier was really cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.