Assassins creed 3 is boned

• 96 results
#51 Posted by Phatmac (5727 posts) -

Shut up Tenplar. You don't want me to discover the truth!!!!!!

#52 Posted by Ben_H (3431 posts) -

Well I guess it is time to queue the next instalment the hipsterish "This game is popular so I'm going to crap on it" threads. We saw them with GTAIV, we saw a few of them with Borderlands 2, time to see them with the new Assassin's Creed.

#53 Posted by jakob187 (21759 posts) -

If I remember correctly, Brotherhood was a slow burn going in with a lot of linearity and combat mechanics that weren't well explained...and then it opened up and turned out to be fucking excellent.

#54 Posted by Grillbar (1904 posts) -

well if a game cant deliver everything you want and more in the first 10 sec it has absolutely failed in every way

#55 Posted by ShinjiEx (625 posts) -

What strange title for a thread

#56 Posted by EpicSteve (6499 posts) -

I'm a little over 2 hours in an just find myself not giving a fuck. I have no idea what's going on or anything.

#57 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

They've put in so much shit in AC since the second one they kinda have to have a tutorial like beginning/prologue for it to be possible for people to just jump in. AC2 is one of my favorite games this generation but the first like 2 hours were some bullshit, chasing your brother delivering paintings fighting random dudes etc.

My only fear for this game is playing too much as Desmond, I've always preferred the series as just period action games.

#58 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -
@Ben_H
Well I guess it is time to queue the next instalment the hipsterish "This game is popular so I'm going to crap on it" threads. We saw them with GTAIV, we saw a few of them with Borderlands 2, time to see them with the new Assassin's Creed.
Yeah it seems like every thread about it today has been negative.
#59 Posted by JerichoBlyth (1044 posts) -

There's a reason every thread about it has been negative. Go on. Give it a rent. A try before you buy even. It's soooo boring.

#60 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -
#61 Posted by themangalist (1747 posts) -

@Ben_H said:

Well I guess it is time to queue the next instalment the hipsterish "This game is popular so I'm going to crap on it" threads. We saw them with GTAIV, we saw a few of them with Borderlands 2, time to see them with the new Assassin's Creed.

Well I guess there always are people who has to come out and shit on others because they have an opinion. Good job to you sir.

#62 Posted by san_salvador (147 posts) -

@Ben_H said:

Well I guess it is time to queue the next instalment the hipsterish "This game is popular so I'm going to crap on it" threads. We saw them with GTAIV, we saw a few of them with Borderlands 2, time to see them with the new Assassin's Creed.

Some people just had enough of the same old. I can never get too much GTA, but I understand people who think it's always the same and whish they would change it up. I have the same issue with AC. Not bad, but I can't see it anymore.

#63 Posted by Superfriend (1585 posts) -

Why the fuck would you stop playing and go post on a freaking forum after ONE HOUR?!

Is that some sort of new condition people (especially young ones) are having? Like, some sort of hyper-hyper-hyper-attention deficit syndrome coupled with the need to yell at the world?

Honestly, if you come on here and try to shit on a game - any game- after just playing it for one hour... you´re doing it wrong. Life, I mean.

#64 Posted by RAMBO604 (137 posts) -

The shooting is demonstrably worse than previous games. It is a confusing mess and the game seems to rely on it quite often. And dear god I have been playing for 2 1/2 hours and still have not gotten to the "game". The introductory sequence makes the last couple games seem brief. Reserving judgement till I get to the meat of it but this needs to end soon.

But Ubisoft has made it evidently clear with the Assassin's Creed franchise that no one on staff has a full understanding of how pacing works and that the start of a game needs to be interesting and engaging. Every AC game starts with minutes of interesting stuff then hours of mundane till you build up to awesome.

#65 Posted by FirePrince (1766 posts) -

Seriously people. You press, Y, you shoot in the direction you are holding the stick. You press LT and Y, you aim and shoot. And the hardest part is pressing RB to reload.

And the game is fine.

#66 Posted by falling_fast (2279 posts) -

take out the words "Assassin's creed" and this reads like it belongs in the call of duty section. so much internet rage.

#67 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4494 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

@tennesseemcvay said:

Everything seems super linear, the combat doesn't seem very well explained, especially the shooting. I don't know maybe I am wrong and it will get better soon but as of right now I just feel super confined by a game in which previous games in this line were extremely open world. I'm not trying to shit on the game, just asking for somebody to talk me off the ledge here.

Welcome to contemporary AAA gaming. Would you like another checkpoint with that "interactive experience", sir?

So is it actually open world now or is it linear in the way The Witcher 2 was but with larger environments? Or is the game just being linear because it's the opening of the game?

#68 Posted by Zirilius (729 posts) -

@FirePrince said:

Seriously people. You press, Y, you shoot in the direction you are holding the stick. You press LT and Y, you aim and shoot. And the hardest part is pressing RB to reload.

And the game is fine.

Is it powder, wad, and then the ball? I can never remember.

#69 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

Scared to death, scared to play, you shook, cause ain't no such thing as bad Assassin's Creed

#70 Posted by csl316 (9444 posts) -
@Sackmanjones
Boy you sure sound like a reliable source
#71 Posted by WalkerD (460 posts) -

I've been playing for a few hours, I'm not enjoying myself. The combat is incredibly clunky, the story is incredibly vague, seemingly on purpose, but to the point that I'm disinterested in what's going on entirely. Hopefully it picks up when you start playing as Connor, but right now holy shit.

#72 Posted by masterpaperlink (1873 posts) -

My expectations went down the toilet after trying to catch up on brotherhood and realizing how boring the game is.

#73 Posted by Ben_H (3431 posts) -
@damnable_fiend said:

take out the words "Assassin's creed" and this reads like it belongs in the call of duty section. so much internet rage.

@themangalist:  This quote above is what I was meant in my post. This game will get a huge amount of hate just because it is popular, regardless of quality. I'd rather our forums have actual constructive conversation rather than a poorly formatted threat of blind hatred by someone who hadn't even made it through the tutorial yet and never even justified why they didn't like it . 

@Superfriend said:

Why the fuck would you stop playing and go post on a freaking forum after ONE HOUR?!

Is that some sort of new condition people (especially young ones) are having? Like, some sort of hyper-hyper-hyper-attention deficit syndrome coupled with the need to yell at the world?

Honestly, if you come on here and try to shit on a game - any game- after just playing it for one hour... you´re doing it wrong. Life, I mean.

This is what I'm talking about, particularly the bolded part. Posting a negative thread after playing a fair amount of the game is one thing, but stuff like this is just dumb.
#74 Posted by laserbolts (5365 posts) -

I havent played it but judging by the quick look that just happened this game seems to be dog shit. I dont think ill ever buy this game. If my roomate buys it I might check it out at some point.

#75 Posted by gaminghooligan (1480 posts) -

@laserbolts: seems like a lot of the issues I saw could be patched, like the mad clipping and jank. The gameplay itself seemed ok.

#76 Posted by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

@laserbolts: I wouldn't go as far to call the game dog shit but I will say it doesn't look particularly interesting.

#77 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

The game sucks. Already sold it and bought Silent Hill Downpour

#78 Posted by RazielCuts (2987 posts) -

It's funny how after that QL the OP suddenly has some context..

#79 Posted by VoshiNova (1752 posts) -

@Zaccheus said:

A whole hour? Fuck me, I'm just gonna burn my copy sealed when it comes.

lol right?

#80 Posted by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -

Whoa all of a sudden everyone agrees with this guy? How bad was the quick look?

#81 Posted by Demoskinos (15148 posts) -

@Sackmanjones: I'll say this it doesn't look "bad" but for fucks sake for a game that has 600+ people making it there is sure a distinct lack of polish in a number of areas.

#82 Posted by WalkerD (460 posts) -

@TheHumanDove: I hate this kind of response to criticism. Sarcastically dismissing arguments against something does not suddenly invalidate those arguments.

#83 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

@WalkerD said:

@TheHumanDove: I hate this kind of response to criticism. Sarcastically dismissing arguments against something does not suddenly invalidate those arguments.

But what if I did sell it and bought Silent Hill Downpour?

Then the joke would be on you!

#84 Posted by ADarkMatter (135 posts) -
@Sackmanjones: Not nearly as bad as everyone is making it out to be
#85 Posted by captain_clayman (3328 posts) -

@tennesseemcvay said:

Everything seems super linear, the combat doesn't seem very well explained, especially the shooting. I don't know maybe I am wrong and it will get better soon but as of right now I just feel super confined by a game in which previous games in this line were extremely open world. I'm not trying to shit on the game, just asking for somebody to talk me off the ledge here.

that sounds like the last few AC games TBH. Keep playing dude, lots of games have really linear beginnings these days.

#86 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

@TheHumanDove said:

Somehow I can't believe that anything is worse than a modern Silent Hill game.

#87 Posted by Pr1mus (3946 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

@TheHumanDove said:

What about a modern Silent Hill movie?

#88 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

@Pr1mus said:

@MikkaQ said:

@TheHumanDove said:

What about a modern Silent Hill movie?

Well I guess I did say anything.

#89 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -
@Sackmanjones
Whoa all of a sudden everyone agrees with this guy? How bad was the quick look?
I'm 10 hours in with none of the issues being discussed.
#90 Posted by SASnake (374 posts) -

The QL did not have the day one patch, if patch, alot of the clipping and so on is addressed

#91 Posted by Coolarman (838 posts) -

@SASnake said:

The QL did not have the day one patch, if patch, alot of the clipping and so on is addressed

What he said

#92 Posted by verbalmedal (55 posts) -

5 hours in and everything is fucking awesome.

#93 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

@verbalmedal said:

5 hours in and everything is fucking awesome.

5 posts? Clearly worked on the AC3 team.

#94 Posted by PillClinton (3295 posts) -

Everything on the Internet is hyperbolic, so yes, Assassin's Creed III is the worst game ever made and the QL was the worst QL ever.

#95 Posted by mick_dean_dare (1 posts) -

this game will be brilliant once the updates happen, but right now just feels unfinished 9 hours in and still the same old issues with the ac games and a few extra added in. like try doing a mission in low profile when your stupid horse keeps following you around and stopping you from being able to move properly. or decent combo kills failing becuase its impossible to counter 3 attacks at once. same old shit of the player jumping sideways to die even though your holding forwards. really feels like this game has been rushed out to beat the COD releases, and please dont even get me started about the shitty lock picking you need a brand new controller just to open treasure becuase anyone who plays a normal amount of games, your controller is gonna be too worm out to hold it in specific angles. amazing games but just seems like they need more time to iron out the bugs

#96 Posted by huntad (1958 posts) -

@Zomgfruitbunnies said:

OP is clearly a Templar.

Haha, awesome. My mood is now brightened. These stupid topics really take a toll on me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.