Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Assassin's Creed III - Freedom Edition! ...Whats up with that?

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Rekt_Hed

I'm a fan of many collector editions and I know some of you duders are as well but cant make my mind up about this one.

Why is this only a mainly Europe release? I mean I know Ubisoft is mainly french (from what Ive seen of the interview videos) but you'd think they would be shipping other places as well.

http://collectorsedition.org/uploads/2012/03/assassins_creed_iii_freedom_edition_pal.jpg

Anyways whats ur thoughts duders!?

No Caption Provided

Anyone splashing out on this thing or just going for the standard version? After the sour taste of revelations I'm finding it really hard to get excited about this game at all :/

jmood88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By jmood88

I don't know why they do it but Ubisoft has put out Euorpe-only limited editions for awhie.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By NekuSakuraba

They are releasing it in Australia as well. It looks pretty awesome, but I won't be getting AC3 for a while. (Too many games to play already)

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By AngelN7

Standard edition for me I don't care too much for figures the notebook would be the only thing that would draw my attention also this game was made by the main team who made AC2 and from the looks of it it'll be just as big is not bigger than AC2 and will wrap up the plot of Desmond , I'm pretty sure we're gonna play as Desmond in modern times.

No Caption Provided
    casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By casper_

'murca

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jerseyscum

@AngelN7 said:

Standard edition for me I don't care too much for figures the notebook would be the only thing that would draw my attention also this game was made by the main team who made AC2 and from the looks of it it'll be just as big is not bigger than AC2 and will wrap up the plot of Desmond , I'm pretty sure we're gonna play as Desmond in modern times.

No Caption Provided

Holy shit.....is that Madison Square Garden? It's implied heavily that Desmond landed in New York during the plot of Revelations? So is Desmond just catching an MMA match or is he there for something else?

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By AngelN7

@jerseyscum: I belive that's in either Brazil or Portugal, the scoreboard is written in portuguese that or he's just watching a match between 2 Brazilian MMA fighters, though he's probably there to do some stabbing.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By colourful_hippie

@casper_ said:

'murca

No idea why the U.S. version isn't called that. Weird.

Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
    deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should just release the same editions to all regions.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Lord_Xp

I got the Limited Edition AC3 for Ps3. I mainly got it because I like to spoil myself way to much and I really liked the flag that comes with it. That picture by the way had a big mystery behind it in a literal sense where it leads you to places on the internet to find a code and see what it says. I'm not sure if some of you guys knew that or not, so I'm just throwing it out there.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

Does anyone know if the US limited edition comes with the steelebook? I have it pre-ordered and I already have the steelbook from back in march.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12  Edited By JasonR86

Is this not coming to the US? Considering the content of the game and the fact that it is called the "freedom edition" it would look to be a perfect fit.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Hizang

I'm inn2 right now , need to finish it...,,

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

@JasonR86: It's the Limited Edition in the US

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15  Edited By JasonR86

@jerseyscum said:

@AngelN7 said:

No Caption Provided

Holy shit.....is that Madison Square Garden? It's implied heavily that Desmond landed in New York during the plot of Revelations? So is Desmond just catching an MMA match or is he there for something else?

He has to dive down and assassinate one of the fighters, throws a hidden dagger gauntlet to the other fighter, and tells him to come with him to fight with his brothers.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mandude

Seems strange considering American patriotism doesn't sit too well in Europe.

Nice to know they've definitely dropped all pretences that you don't take sides.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By laserbolts

Pay extra for a bunch of junk that will do nothing but take up space? No thanks.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @mandude

Seems strange considering American patriotism doesn't sit too well in Europe.

Nice to know they've definitely dropped all pretences that you don't take sides.

I've seen gameplay where Connor kills some Americans so I think will probably involve at least a few British allies. Hopefully.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.