Assassin's Creed III missing from Steam [UK]

#1 Edited by MHumphreys89 (714 posts) -
“We’ve been in discussions with Valve about Assassin’s Creed 3 and Far Cry 3, but for the time being the games are not available via Steam in the UK. In the meantime, UK customers wishing to purchase either of these games can do so by visiting the Uplay store, our retail partners or other digital distributors. Assassin’s Creed 3 and Far Cry 3 are available on Steam in other regions outside the UK,” a statement advised.

http://games.on.net/2012/11/assassins-creed-3-far-cry-3-absent-from-uk-steam-storefront/

Currently i'm mopping-up ACIII on my console of choice, whilst playing I started to get fed-up with the poor frame-rate... fortunately, I recently received a powerful-gaming PC, unfortunately, the best avenue for buying games on the PC is Steam and Ubisoft; in their infinite wisdom, have decided not to let Valve stock it. Ubisoft are, however, selling the game via their U-Play Service and Brick-&-Mortar stores, although i'm personally going to hold-out til they pull their head out of their collective asses and the game finds its way on the Steam service.

Far Cry 3 also affected.

#2 Posted by lclay (383 posts) -

I waited for the PC version because I wanted to play the best version and this forced me to buy my first PC game not on steam.

I bought it from green man gaming which is selling it for £25 if you use the 30% code they are displaying.

You have to used their capsule download client because for some stupid reason uplay wont let you download the game you own unless you have downloaded it before and registered to your uplay client

#3 Posted by dudeglove (7856 posts) -

For real? I'm in Russia and I'm seeing it for sale on steam. Are you sure it's not because of the retarded US vs. UK release dates?

#4 Posted by Aetheldod (3586 posts) -

So they are forcing users to use the uply crap them ... ugh bad shit duders :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.