Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Cant update version. Anyone know of a fix?

mrmanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So i was waiting for all of the DLC to come out before starting the DLC story.

Install was ok and so on untill i got to the point of starting the game. I get " Version 1.02 allready installed!" And it starts the game. But when i try to install the DLC it says " Version 1.03 needed"

So i go online and find individual patcher programs. But then i get " Version 1.03 not compatible with this version"

It is getting super frustrating, i had similar bullshit happening when i played it trough earlier this year. But that was pathing related. I have tried contacting Ubisoft about it, but i all they said was to download the patches. Even though i already explained that it did not work.

I am seriously considering just watching a playtrough of the DLC story instead of dealing with this pain in the ass stuff. But it will also feel like a waste of around 40 $ which was about the price for the season pass.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Where did you get the game from? I was under the impression that Assassin's Creed III uses Uplay both retail and digital, and that it will automatically run the auto-patcher and detect the latest version when starting the game?

mrmanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mrmanga

@fritzdude: I am runing it trough Uplay. Where is also where i got it. When it tries to update it just tells me i allready have 1.02 installed.
    When i checked online, 1.06 is the newest. And 1.03 is required for the DLC to even work.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#4  Edited By Kidavenger
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember a friend having this issue as well and what fixed it for him was just running the Uplay client as admin (since it doesn't ask for that automatically and thus can't write new files to a folder? I dunno)
    But that was what worked for him.

Other than yes, download the files manually as @kidavenger said.

mrmanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mrmanga

@kidavenger: have tried this several times. But i get " This uppdate is not compatible with your version of the game"
    So yeah. Dont know what that is about. And i get no answer from Ubisoft.

mrmanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After contacting ubisoft yet again, and getting nowhere with this isseu. I decided to just let it be. I doubt the DLC is all that good anyway.
    Lesson learned: Dont buy games on uplay. Should have just bought it on steam instead. Thanks for the help though!

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

@mrmanga: If it's anything like most recent Ubisoft games on steam nowadays playing it would of just launched Uplay anyway :/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.