Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Chasing Hickey.

• 63 results
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By shirogane

I thought it was interesting that you could actually take your own path, but the full sync objective was total bullshit. About 1000 times worse on the Lee chase since the one's linear. But i did get it, oh yes, full synce on Lee chase...not that it means anything.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By jillsandwich

Oh my god, I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who wanted to murder a baby after the Lee chase.

AND IT'S NOT EVEN THE END OF THE GAME. FUUUUUUCK.

trav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By trav

YES. I used my dart pull weapon and it didn't even do anything! He just stopped for a moment while I went through the stationary throwing animation! Eventually, I went down the first street instead of the alley and somehow found myself in front of him. So...that was a relief. But wow, this game has so many issues.

Stealth sections with TERRIBLE stealth feedback.

Horse controls are even worse than before because it's constantly getting caught on stumps and ANYTHING ELSE. And you're on a horse way more than any previous game!

Constant 5 second loads.

And I think I'm finally getting to the point where I can't handle Connor's movement. I'm so tired of him getting caught on various things as I just try to go down a hallway or through a door. Running up a wall instead of running past it. Not jumping onto the right surface, or not jumping in the direction I want him to. Awkwardly navigating building walls with multiple paths. Argh! And those optional objectives play directly into the game's weaknesses! It's crazy! This game has been frustration after frustration for me.

MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By MikeinSC

@GenghisJohn said:

Fuck you Ubisoft.

No joke. I gave the hell up on the "don't bump into anybody" nonsense. Horrible mission and when you have military guys blocking your route, there aren't great options.

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By buneroid
    @oulzac
    No Caption Provided

This is what I think of that chase!

Yes, that is my actual copy of the game. Yes that chase did turn me into a child monster. And yes I did in fact, actually and literally, destroy ACIII because of that chase.

Holy shit dude. I also felt like doing that after that stupid fucking part but... Damn. Also haven't read trough all the comments but the fact that I was trying to chase him at 20 fps was adding to the suck.
    dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By dropabombonit

I only got through it because the scripting broke allowing me to stop him right away

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By hockeymask27

@PhatSeeJay said:

If Hickey pissed you off; Lee will send you into a murderous rage.

management

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#58  Edited By management

My solution to chasing Lee was to run along side the docks, there were only guards on the road so doing this avoided them completely. I don't even remember the Hickey chase so I don't think I had a problem with it.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By overnow

I got lucky and Hickey got stuck on a post while I was chasing him so I did it in about 5 seconds.

Poppy_Persona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Poppy_Persona

Fucking hell I'm not looking forward to this lee chase...

Avatar image for ghost_of_perdition
    Ghost_of_Perdition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Yep, that part was annoying. It took me a few tries but I managed to cheat the AI. I used the rope dart on him in the corridor right before the horse carriage appears. It stopped him from running for about a second, long enough to allow the carriage to spawn in front of him. Watching Hickey constantly run into the horse's ass would have been funnier had I not replayed that section over and over AND OVER again.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By Getz

Yeah, I got lucky: after the 4th or 5th time he ran in to a pedestrian, stumbled, and I tackled him

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#63  Edited By metalsnakezero

Example of bad design. It would had been better to have a end point of the chase so that it would stop the looping.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.