Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Coincidence? Or was it planned from the start?

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Alright this is a bit stupid and random but I thought it was interesting (and perhaps a bit funny) anyway.

If this game is set during the American Revolution which is around 200 years after the events of Assassin's Creed 2 if I remember correctly.

The American Revolution started in 1775, if we say 1775 + 200 we get 1975 (which in theory could be where a theoretical AC 4 could be set).

Looking on Wikipedia's page for 1975 the first entry is the Altair 8800 - Coincidence right?

EDIT: Also we have plenty of Cold War stuff and the Vietnam War in 1975 so there are plenty of events for a Assassin's Creed 4 :)

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Yeah, that's a coincidence.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By DeF

we barely know anything about ACIII aside from that leaked artwork and you're speculating about ACIV?

seriously?

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeF: I'm mostly joking about AC4 but when looking at how Ubisoft have handled the AC franchise so far, I would be surprised if we don't get an Assassin's Creed 4. Though I hope they understand the importance of closure and will tie it up nicely in AC3...

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DeF

@Village_Guy: another AC game after ACIII is as sure as sunrise but there really is no point in speculating about anything at this point.

we don't even know if they're gonna do a sub-trilogy again or something like that ...maybe we'll be switching characters and time periods/locations in ACIII already.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#6  Edited By StarvingGamer

Altair is an abbreviation of an Arabic phrase meaning The Flying Eagle.

But the Altair 8800 sparked a revolution in microcomputers so I can see the parallel appeal.

petitfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By petitfool

You know what? As much as this is looking waaaay too far into something...

I bet someone at Ubi actually thought the same thing.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

You know what makes Assassin's Creed so fucking awesome? It's barely even the game anymore for me.

It's how deep they are willing to get into history, crazy little details about mankind's time on this Earth, and how fanatical we can all dig into all this shit and either find out something we didn't know before or spout off about things that we DO know.

I cannot WAIT to hear more speculations about the stuff this game will present. I'm really hoping that the Game Informer article doesn't spoil a ton of shit.

Also, I now feel like I have the incentive to go play Revelations for more than two hours.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#9  Edited By MachoFantastico

Around Brotherhood I was an AC nut, loved those truth puzzles and such. Have to admit Revelations was a real downer for the series, and I have lost some interest. AC and AC2 felt like they knew exactly where they were going, hell even Brotherhood did but they seem to be a tad lost recently.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By ShockD

An implied coincidence, yes.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CheapPoison

I am going to go on a hunch and say there will be no closure in AC3.

Now AC5.2 or 5.3 sure but..

TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 20

#12  Edited By TrashMustache

@jakob187 said:

You know what makes Assassin's Creed so fucking awesome? It's barely even the game anymore for me.

It's how deep they are willing to get into history, crazy little details about mankind's time on this Earth, and how fanatical we can all dig into all this shit and either find out something we didn't know before or spout off about things that we DO know.

I cannot WAIT to hear more speculations about the stuff this game will present. I'm really hoping that the Game Informer article doesn't spoil a ton of shit.

Also, I now feel like I have the incentive to go play Revelations for more than two hours.

It never was the game for me, the game is fine, but the reason i finished AC1 in one sitting was the story, you should read up on the AC encyclopedia, that shit is awesome

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.