Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Crashing ALL THE TIME

Hef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Hef

So is this game buggy as shit for everyone else? It never remembers that I have a controller connected, and half the time it doesn't even detect it and forces me to restart. And if I even touch the controller while it's loading or going through a door opening animation, it crashes. It is especially frequent underground.

I had sli enabled at first, which I figured was the problem. After I disabled it, it crashes just as often.

I have a gtx 570 and latest 310.70 whql drivers.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By hermes

I don't know about the PC version, but yes ... the game is incredibly buggy. From people being chased freezing every time I tried the mission, to awful clipping and pop-up, this game doesn't feel AAA at all.

iceveiled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By iceveiled

Welcome to Ubisoft PC ports. I always wait a good 6 months before buying any of their PC games.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vitor

No problems at all here - running latest Nvidia drivers on my 680m and can run the game maxed out at 1080 with a solid 30FPS in cities. Have the odd visual glitch (flickering shadows/clothes) but other than that I've only experienced one semi-crash in 20 hours of gameplay.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Bollard

@Hef said:

So is this game buggy as shit for everyone else? It never remembers that I have a controller connected, and half the time it doesn't even detect it and forces me to restart. And if I even touch the controller while it's loading or going through a door opening animation, it crashes. It is especially frequent underground.

I had sli enabled at first, which I figured was the problem. After I disabled it, it crashes just as often.

I have a gtx 570 and latest 310.70 whql drivers.

Using a 500 series card? Congratulations - the game is completely fucked.

I have a 580, couldn't play past 4 hours. It now crashes with green artifacting within a minute of launch. I was lucky to even get that far in. This game is a fuuuucking joke. That or NVidia dropped the ball hard on their more recent drivers and DX11.

See here for more info and complaints: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/524222/geforce-500-400-series/gtx-580-driver-stoppes-working-crashes-in-all-recently-released-games-assassins-creed-3-cod/8

Hokucho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Hokucho

Im having huge problems but on the 360. Its super frustrating as it even kicks me out of XBL too.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By newhaap
    @Chavtheworld Haha, I've been keeping an eye on that thread pretty much since day one. Managed to finish AC3 despite all the random crashes though
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Bollard

@newhaap: I might keep trying to fight through it, but it doesn't help how everyone bashed this game so hard without it being barely playable, it makes me wonder if its worth the effort.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By newhaap

@Chavtheworld: Overall the game is quite a bummer, but there are some cool moments in it (the naval combat comes to mind). Far Cry 3 was a surprisingly satisfying stealthy murdering replacement to AC3 when I didn't feel like subjecting my machine to random crashes.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By evanbower

I'm playing on Wii U and briefly had a bug where every woman walking around the town wasn't wearing pants.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By vitor

@newhaap said:

@Chavtheworld: Overall the game is quite a bummer, but there are some cool moments in it (the naval combat comes to mind). Far Cry 3 was a surprisingly satisfying stealthy murdering replacement to AC3 when I didn't feel like subjecting my machine to random crashes.

It's weird how AC3 and FC3 have such similar systems (enemy detection bars, base takeovers, climbing towers, crafting) yet FC3 manages to make it all easier to understand and actually function whereas the stealth in AC3 is straight up busted. I actually found myself loving the rest of the game though, especially the naval combat, but the lack of any actual working stealth systems made going undetected impossible so the game often degenerated into pure hack and slash.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.