Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Does Anyone Else Just Want to Be a Pirate or Explorer?

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By emem

I don't know what exactly you can do in AC3, but after having seen all the naval combat videos I kind of wished the whole game would focus on sailing the seven seas and basically just surviving in wind and weather while fighting ships and maybe even kraken and other sea monsters (which is obviously not happening in this game). 

I'm curious how much time you can spend sailing around and whether there is a specific number of missions that allows you to do so or if you can roam freely?

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By colourful_hippie

Sounds like you want a different game.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Assassin's Creed: And Her Pirate's Booty

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By GunstarRed

The Naval combat is the best part of AC3, but I don't know if I'd want a whole game of it.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By emem
    @Colourful_Hippie said:

Sounds like you want a different game.

Hehe yep, maybe I do. But I'm very much interested in comments of people who have played AC3 to find out if it would be worth buying the game for the naval combat alone. Sadly it looks more like it's just a tiny part of it.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By GunstarRed

@emem: There are about three story missions and 12 smaller ones that take between 5 and 10 minutes to finish. My game came with a code for an extra mission also. It's very cool, much faster paced than you'd expect and pretty exciting. It's cool to see all of the stuff going on on the ship .

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By emem
    @GunstarRed: Oh that sounds like more than I expected, thanks for the info.
    HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By HerbieBug

I would love to play an open world pirate game! Somebody should make one of those. ♥

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Yeah I was really surprised to see the naval combat be as exciting as it was.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By MrKlorox
    @HerbieBug said:

I would love to play an open world pirate game! Somebody should make one of those. ♥

Same here. Even if they just made an FTL clone set on the ocean with real time third person direct control combat, that would be enough for now.

The problem with exploration games is that you need proceduralization to keep everything fresh and unknown. If it's just a singular static map, once you've explored it, it stays explored in your mind.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MikkaQ

@MrKlorox said:

@HerbieBug said:

Same here. Even if they just made an FTL clone set on the ocean with real time third person direct control combat, that would be enough for now. The problem with exploration games is that you need proceduralization to keep everything fresh and unknown. If it's just a singular static map, once you've explored it, it stays explored in your mind.

Sid Meier's Pirates! exists, so I'll never need another open world pirating game again. This game hooks me 12 hours at a time. Once I played an entire game in one sitting, took damn near a day to do so.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By AlexW00d

I wanna be a conquistador.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.